Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Excalibur #6: Spoilers

Rogue doesn't want a baby

Jamie Braddock is made King of Otherworld

The battle in Otherworld is decided by a duel to the death between Betsy and Brian. Jamie Braddock does some shenanigans and Betsy wins.

She accidently kills her brother. But Jamie Braddock revives him. After Betsy threatens him.

Brian get the Sword of Might. But he doesnt want it because he believes he got it at his weakest moment full of anger.

His costume with the amulet is better than Betsy's and his costume with the SoM is better than Betsy's. That is all.

WHAT IS MUTANT MAGIC!?

It's probably all explained in the issue but I rushed through it.

Created a thread to discuss.

You guys tend to make me like it more when we chat about it.

BANNED

The slave trader king of Otherworld. Prepare for some Carnival row shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    His costume with the amulet is better than Betsy's and his costume with the SoM is better than Betsy's. That is all.
    Scans please.

They both still clash with her gorgeous lavender purple hair.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.44.35 AM.jpg

She is stunning here though.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They both still clash with her gorgeous lavender purple hair.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.44.35 AM.jpg

She is stunning here though.
    I feel like if the color scheme were reversed and it was predominately blue it’d work for her.
    I’m pressed that his costume looks so much better.

Yeeeah. Between Jamie and mad scientist Poccy, Otherworld is looking pretty screwed. Can't wait for the shoe to drop on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeeeah. Between Jamie and mad scientist Poccy, Otherworld is looking pretty screwed. Can't wait for the shoe to drop on that one.
    That seems to be a thing going around huh? Apocalypse is doing bad **** behind everyone's backs, Shaw is doing bad things behind everyone's backs and I am just waiting for when Mystique gets her turn after she finds out she's been lied to about bringing back Destiny, oh boy is that one going to be so much fun!

But I have to ask, does anyone else feel bad for Le Fay and what she is about to go through or is it just me? I mean I know she is a villain and all but at the same time being tortured and experimented on by him of all people seems too cruel even for her.

Also can't help but find it weird that Rogue doesn't want a child, I mean given her history, how long it took her to touch again and get hitched you would think that the thought of children would not be such a problem or maybe I am not seeing this right?

I do like the design of Brian's suit though.

BANNED

it was a pretty common for Rogue to wish for a familial life cause her powers stoped her from such, but quite honestly its pretty belivable then when in control and with the fear you might have to do it anyways, that she could go trough a change of opinion, but tini didnt portray it as rogue changing her mind but as if she always felt that way, wich is a mistake and reveals a bit of unexperience and lack of knowledge in rogue by the writers part.
    Or just make it about her being open to adoption but not biological children.
    and even then it didnt read to me like an ultimatum but her current headspace concerning the law and that nightmare.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-23-2020 at 07:54 PM.

I really enjoyed this issue a lot. specially for what it sets up for the future of the book. Apocalypse is creepy as hell. I adore it. Betsy and Brian with the sword and amulet could be fun too.

But the highlight was indeed the hot tub scene. Thats was very sexy. And well written. They felt like a real modern couple. Loved it. I wish we get another artist eventually. Less childish. I would love for Betsy too look sexier. And more chic. Like in my avatar.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it was a pretty common for Rogue to wish for a familial life cause her powers stoped her from such, but quite honestly its pretty belivable then when in control and with the fear you might have to do it anyways, that she could go trough a change of opinion, but tini didnt portray it as rogue changing her mind but as if she always felt that way, wich is a mistake and reveals a bit of unexperience and lack of knowledge in rogue by the writers part.
    Or just make it about her being open to adoption but not biological children.
    and even then it didnt read to me like an ultimatum but her current headspace concerning the law and that nightmare.
    I have a real life example....me and my girlfriend...

She has a med condition that she was told as a teen that she would most likely never have kids. That changed (both her health and med advances) a few years ago but at the time she was single... on our first date she brought up tht someday she wanted kids...now as we get older she often gets scared and back paddles..."i dont know if i can be a mom"

The more real the idea the harder the thought...she REALLY wanted a child when she couldnt have one...but when the reality that we physically could, that turned to worrying about our maturity (i say talking on a comic board) and finances...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That seems to be a thing going around huh? Apocalypse is doing bad **** behind everyone's backs, Shaw is doing bad things behind everyone's backs and I am just waiting for when Mystique gets her turn after she finds out she's been lied to about bringing back Destiny, oh boy is that one going to be so much fun!

But I have to ask, does anyone else feel bad for Le Fay and what she is about to go through or is it just me? I mean I know she is a villain and all but at the same time being tortured and experimented on by him of all people seems too cruel even for her.

Also can't help but find it weird that Rogue doesn't want a child, I mean given her history, how long it took her to touch again and get hitched you would think that the thought of children would not be such a problem or maybe I am not seeing this right?

I do like the design of Brian's suit though.
    And you're forgetting about Sinister doing God knows what behind everybody's back, so far the whole being back in a British body again thing hasn't really worked out for Betsy, hasn't really helped her standing in the X-world at all, seemingly purely a pc move...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And you're forgetting about Sinister doing God knows what behind everybody's back, so far the whole being back in a British body again thing hasn't really worked out for Betsy, hasn't really helped her standing in the X-world at all, seemingly purely a pc move...
    I think it does fans just need to make up their minds because her character and marvel were criticized for years because she didn`t do much to help kwannon despite knowing what Matsuo and Spiral did to her was a complete abuse of both their minds and bodies. It wasn`t really Betsy`s fault either but some fans saw it that way.

Now imo I think she`s more like the original Claremont betsy, she is free and has the potential to explore her roots and her relationship with her family which she`s doing right her with her brothers, her niece and her sister in law. I think this was just act 1 and given Apocalypse is both a member of Excalibur but also it`s antagonist there`still way more story to tell about them and about Betsy as Captain Britain and Otherworld. I can bet Merlin and Roma will not let the matter of Apocalypse and Jaime be, hence we have the "white Witch" who was there to combat Morgan Le Fay and probably will be there to deal with Mad Jaime and Apocalypse but they have their own rules to act on it imo. So we will see where this story goes.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-23-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Guess the Braddock fam is gonna get a lot of love. I hope Apocalypse does something cool with his experiments.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Scans please.
    There you go.

Involving Jamie never ends well.
    He’s less mad than Jim Jaspers, but that’s about all he has going for him.

Does rogue still look like apocalypse