Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Your comment about screenwriting is something I wish we at CBR took more seriously when we discuss comic stories. ESPECIALLY given the six issue trade format that’s seemingly forced on writers. We SHOULD be discussing character arcs, 3 act structures, fat-trimming, tone, pace, everything films get... these books are basically storyboards.
    Yes there are certainly similarities between to two. It's no suprise that Hickman wanted to try his luck in Hollywood. Or several other writers who have worked in both mediums. For me one of the most interesting aspects is the interpitation that artists or directors make of what is written on the page. The control you give up. Makes it harder for us consumers to know who is responsible for what.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    In some senses I hate forums because it's not an optimal format to express your opinion. If we met person to person this would have been over extremly quickly and both us would have gotten our points across better.

On your previous subject Tini has left it open how much -A- influenced Rogue. It's clear in the first pages so it wouldn't surpise me to see it revisted. Or that it influenced scenes after she got de-apocalypsed... or whatever we might call it.
    Agreed. Sometimes I respond to posts while thinking about many previous posts and they get all garbled. At the end of the day we all care about these characters and yadda yadda we do it for the children!

Now, if Rogue pops out a blue baby, I might scream.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Exactly. I’m used to thinking of the writer/artist relationship being similar to Morrison/Quitely because those are the only notes I’ve seen. Howard may have given notes to To that weren’t followed. My gripe about two page for hot tub and 1 page for sword fight might be To’s bad storytelling choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But they're not explaining ANY of this.

If Rogue said something like "Ah Known just a few months ago ah told you ah wanted kids, but with me never knowing if ah will lose my ability to control my powers,I don't want to hope anymore. It hurts too much. Ah'd be no good with a kid." then I'd be happy.

But no character exploration was taken. Did she even read the last few Rogue books (UA, Gambit and Rogue, and Mrs and Mr X)? Cause the only thing she's acknowledge from those runs is the fact that R&G are tight.
    and then there is the fact that you can have someone else to carry the baby. Some people do it on real life, specially gay couples.

This characterization is very different from the past books.

In some senses I hate forums because it's not an optimal format to express your opinion. If we met person to person this would have been over extremly quickly and both us would have gotten our points across better.

On your previous subject Tini has left it open how much -A- influenced Rogue. It's clear in the first pages so it wouldn't surpise me to see it revisted. Or that it influenced scenes after she got de-apocalypsed... or whatever we might call it.
    Apocalypse interfering in another marriage would be very fit for him.

dude stop going after married people
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-24-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes I respond to posts while thinking about many previous posts and they get all garbled. At the end of the day we all care about these characters and yadda yadda we do it for the children!

Now, if Rogue pops out a blue baby, I might scream.
    Seeing what Tini posted on twitter, whitch you linked, it wouldn't be impossible. For me the interesting part of that is: what is her endgame? If she is looking to introduce a baby is she also looking to remove said baby in her run. Rogue with a baby is not so easy to undo. We can only infect a baby with a techno oraganic virus and send them to the future so many times.

We can only infect a baby with a techno oraganic virus and send them to the future so many times.
    Which is why I assumed Shogo would stay a dragon in Otherworld, and free Jubilee from maternity.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    and then there is the fact that you can have someone else to carry the baby. Some people do it on real life, specially gay couples.

This characterization is very different from the past books.

Apocalypse interfering in another marriage would be very fit for him.

dude stop going after married people
    Maybe marriage isn't survival of the fittest

CRaymond

Exactly. I’m used to thinking of the writer/artist relationship being similar to Morrison/Quitely because those are the only notes I’ve seen. Howard may have given notes to To that weren’t followed. My gripe about two page for hot tub and 1 page for sword fight might be To’s bad storytelling choice.
    Oh I need to look at that! I haven't been a fan of the use of powers or the impact they have had on the story. Mostly Jubilee and Gambit throwing energy that doesn't seem to really do anything else then a light show. That might be completly up to To. It's hard to know.

Which is why I assumed Shogo would stay a dragon in Otherworld, and free Jubilee from maternity.
    Yes that might happen. I hope it doesn't. But I'm for babies in most mediums.

Yes that might happen. I hope it doesn't. But I'm for babies in most mediums.
    So you DON’T think Shogo is an anchor to Jubilee specifically and Excalibur in general?

*Wrong thread*
    Last edited by JB; 01-24-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thanks! I appreciate it

So you DON’T think Shogo is an anchor to Jubilee specifically and Excalibur in general?
    Oh yes I believe that. At least what we have seen so far Shogo has been more important to the story. I meant I can see Shogo being stuck in dragon form in Otherworld and it forcing Jubilee to leave Shogo. In comics that seems enterily plausable. As long as Jubilee haven't got a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This will become a plot point on the future for sure. Rogue doesn't want kids, Gambit wants, Rogue probably will get pregnant.
    Recently she was entertaining to have kids and said to gambit that she wants it all. This s very conflicting with Excalibur Rogue.

The distribution of pages was really bad on this issue
    The whole damn series has been conflicting tbh, this isn't a book about Excalibur...it's the Apocalypse series, simple as that. I mean Betsy, to me at least, never really stepped up into her new role and the resolution we got just is more proof that this new Utopian sociaety is all destined to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    the white witch identity is confirmed now

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...courtney-ross/
    Well another piece of meat for Apocalypse to cut open when he manipulates them again.

Mighty Member

Shogo is to Jubilee as Lockheed is to Kitty Pryde.

I think Shogo will remain as a dragon in that world and won't become a baby anymore.