Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superman Elseworlds you'd like to see

So what are Elseworld's you'd like to see concerning Superman? Feel free to expand beyond just the premise or expand other's ideas!

For me:

1. Kara lands first and becomes Superwoman

2. Clark never leaves Smallville, marries Lana Lang and becomes the hero of the Midwest instead of Metropolis

3. Baby Kal-El lands on Themyscira.

I would totally be interested in an Elseworlds version of JLA/Avengers where Superman proved himself worthy of picking up Mjolnir.

BANNED

A proper 80s elseworld where Superman's mullet is socially acceptable.

I'd like DC animated movies to adapted Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

Kon-El takes over the Superman mantle. Would like to see it happen in main canon but I’d be ok with it happening in an Elseworld too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

His ship lands in prehistoric times and is raised by cavemen. He takes on an early Vandal Savage who rules the world. I think it's about the only thing they haven't done yet.

He's fighting gangsters in the 1920s. As an Elliot Ness type.

He's raised by Native Americans and protects them from expanding settlers.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kon-El takes over the Superman mantle. Would like to see it happen in main canon but I’d be ok with it happening in an Elseworld too.
    Not that I enjoy the series, but from what little I saw, they might be doing this in Injustice?

Since I see a lot of cultural/social parallels between the pop culture perspectives on both Superman and Elvis Presley, I always thought Clark landing in Tupelo 1935 would have been interesting. Gladys/Vernon Presley told friends that they saw a blue shooting star the night Elvis was born - maybe in the story, that's the rocket ship? Lots of interesting and fun plays on pop-culture stuff could be thrown in there, too.

Besides, you can't beat the name: Kal-Elvis. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member

Rather than a knight in armor I'd love to see a take of Superman in the Middle Ages where people (possibly even himself) see his powers as some sort of witchcraft. Especially with a cameo by a Batman analogue who tries everything from a stake through the heart to silver weapons, to holy water trying to confront Kal.

Maybe something like what Marvel is planning for Spider-man in March- telling the story of Superman in real time based on his comic book debut. I know we had Byrne's Generations but I'm thinking more like a 12 issue maxi-series with less focus on trying to match the style of each decade. So we don't need the full zaniness of the Silver Age for events of the 50's and 60's, nor do we necessarily have to try incorporating things like "Electro-Superman Red and Blue" or Doomsday for the 90's. But rather just trying to tell a story of Superman going from his rough and tumble debut through becoming a national and then world hero and speculating on how 80 years of adventuring changes him and the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Kara lands first and becomes Superwoman.
    I once did a fan fic based off the idea of Kara Zor-L (Power Girl) being the first hero on Earth-2. Her more confrontational personality and the 1930's social norms, just seem more interesting than the more vanilla Supergirl we usually see. Especially compared to seeing that type of character in a modern context.

Astonishing Member

Kal growing up on Krypton, travelling the galaxy when he's of age and settling on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So what are Elseworld's you'd like to see concerning Superman? Feel free to expand beyond just the premise or expand other's ideas!

For me:

1. Kara lands first and becomes Superwoman

2. Clark never leaves Smallville, marries Lana Lang and becomes the hero of the Midwest instead of Metropolis

3. Baby Kal-El lands on Themyscira.
    Actually to slightly combine two of your ideas. Kara lands on Themyscira.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually to slightly combine two of your ideas. Kara lands on Themyscira.
    Kara Zor-El:
    The Wonder Woman from Krypton?

Yeah, I can absolutely dig that.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

My dream Elseworld is for Kal-El to land in ancient China and be found by Shaolin monks who train him in kung-fu ways. Martial artist Superman. That's a dream.

Lois Lane traveling the multiverse getting her long overdue revenge on every reality she's been killed off in for Superman's manpain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lois Lane traveling the multiverse getting her long overdue revenge on every reality she's been killed off in for Superman's manpain.
    Hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Kara Zor-El:
    The Wonder Woman from Krypton?

Yeah, I can absolutely dig that.
    Ditto, I think that’s a great Elseworlds concept there and I would definitely read it.