Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New "final" Clone Wars trailer with some interesting new developments

Of course it's mainly concerned around the Siege of Mandalore, Ashoka, Rex and Maul but there's a few curious tidbits.

-Mace and Yoda on hologram pretty much using the exact same dialogue they use during a hologram sequence in ROTS. While pretty much every Star Wars since the original re-uses lines it seems to be in a similar context.

-Anakin with a hologram of Padme who seems to be visibly pregnant and wearing the outfit she has near the end of ROTS, but he of course didn't know until he got back from rescuing the Chancellor.

Maybe some of the events of the final episode don't just lead to ROTS, but perhaps take place during it, perhaps "offscreen". After all, technically the Clone Wars don't officially end until towards the end of that film. Perhaps we see, for instance, how Ashoka-and also Rex, Wollfe and Gregor-escape/disobey Order 66, one of the main ?s from Rebels

Either that or maybe this is a weird vision or alternate timeline thing. Filoni of course has done these things on many occasions in Clone wars and Rebels.

I also wonder since with "Rebels" done we'll get some of Sabine's backstory, or even the Mandalorian himself as I commented on another thread.

Or I could be looking too much into things.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-26-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Looked pretty amazing to me, and yeah I feel like there could definitely be "inbetween" scenes at play here.

In much the same way the series seems to have helped the prequels in general, maybe adding some "extra" scenes to ROTS will help that film a bit, as some of Anakin's decisions did seem to be made a little too quickly. It's kind of weird how he does nearly a complete 180 in that scene where he sees Obi-Wan off being all apologetic and humble to being "Obi-Wan doesn't trust me!!!!" again in the very next scene.

Mighty Member

Our first chronological look at Kanan Jarrus in that trailer. As the boy Caleb Dume, he appears with his master around the holotable. Cool nod.

Very much looking forward to this. Especially the Mandalore stuff, but just to see how they want to wrap up the stories for the clone characters. We know where Rex ends up, but I loved seeing the clones deal with the war and their lot in life. Just a month to go now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder if the new female character shown is the smuggler Ahsoka befriends and later develops into a love interest in the leak scripts.

From the look of Anakin and Obi-Wan it does indeed look like it's heading into RotS. In Rebels Ahsoka said the last time she saw Anakin he left to go save the Chancellor. It must have been the rescue mission that opened the movie.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-23-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if the new female character shown is the smuggler Ahsoka befriends and later develops into a love interest in the leak scripts.
    I somehow thought that that smuggler was a male character, unless I'm mixing things up. So far as I know, Ahsoka's sexuality has never been established. However, in a throwaway line in the Ahsoka novel, it was implied that another woman was attracted to her and she didn't react negatively. She didn't react positively either (purely neutral and left it at that), so I wouldn't say it was evidence in favor of it (Ahsoka could be straight but also not homophobic in regards to a woman hitting on her), but it would be consistent if that was the case in these final episodes.

From the look of Anakin and Obi-Wan it does indeed look like it's heading into RotS. In Rebels Ahsoka said the last time she saw Anakin he left to go save the Chancellor. It must have been the rescue mission that opened the movie.
    Yep, that's been revealed before in behind-the-scenes presentations and stuff like the Ahsoka novel and will be great to see in complete episode form.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I somehow thought that that smuggler was a male character, unless I'm mixing things up. So far as I know, Ahsoka's sexuality has never been established. However, in a throwaway line in the Ahsoka novel, it was implied that another woman was attracted to her and she didn't react negatively. She didn't react positively either (purely neutral and left it at that), so I wouldn't say it was evidence in favor of it (Ahsoka could be straight but also not homophobic in regards to a woman hitting on her), but it would be consistent if that was the case in these final episodes.

Yep, that's been revealed before in behind-the-scenes presentations and stuff like the Ahsoka novel and will be great to see in complete episode form.
    The smuggler was male in the leaked scripts. There must have been some minor changes done. Ahsoka did have a male love interest in Clone Wars so she is attracted to guys. I'm curious if the smuggler will still develop into a love interest with the gender flip.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-24-2020 at 07:38 AM.

There were some small fan theories, around the time of the Mortis arc, that Clone Wars was building to an alternate ending to the war. I think this was in part because Clone Wars didn't 'gel' with the other EU set during the time (Ashoka was nowhere to be found, for instance, in Dark Horse's comics or novels, and other inconsistencies like how the Clones were trained etc). Of course now Clone Wars CG is the "canon" version of the war, but the stuff in the trailer did remind me a bit of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There were some small fan theories, around the time of the Mortis arc, that Clone Wars was building to an alternate ending to the war. I think this was in part because Clone Wars didn't 'gel' with the other EU set during the time (Ashoka was nowhere to be found, for instance, in Dark Horse's comics or novels, and other inconsistencies like how the Clones were trained etc). Of course now Clone Wars CG is the "canon" version of the war, but the stuff in the trailer did remind me a bit of that.
    The status quo of Mandalore was a big one. From what I know the Mandalorians didn't have a pacifist government in place in other EU material.

The status quo of Mandalore was a big one. From what I know the Mandalorians didn't have a pacifist government in place in other EU material.
    It was introduced in the Clone Wars show, so it's part of Legends, too. Most of the other Mandalorian-centric material was written before the show was, so reference material like the Essential Atlas, Bounty Hunter's Guide, and "Friends Like These" sourcebook for the RPG are the main places that tried to reconcile the show with the old stuff as far as the Legends continuity goes.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe some of the events of the final episode don't just lead to ROTS, but perhaps take place during it, perhaps "offscreen". After all, technically the Clone Wars don't officially end until towards the end of that film. Perhaps we see, for instance, how Ashoka-and also Rex, Wollfe and Gregor-escape/disobey Order 66, one of the main ?s from Rebels
    I've seen some speculation that scene at the end with Ahsoka and Rex and the door closing is during Order 66. Maul is fighting Clones in a ship hallway so they might take him into custody after the battle and then Order 66 hits.

Saw that Admiral Trench was in the trailer. Wonder if that means the released story reels ("Crystal Crises on Utapau" and "Bad Batch") will be released in completed form?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Saw that Admiral Trench was in the trailer. Wonder if that means the released story reels ("Crystal Crises on Utapau" and "Bad Batch") will be released in completed form?
    Bad Batch for sure. It's literally the first new episode/arc in this season, and was explicitly confirmed in the Comic Con trailer of several months ago. Doesn't sound like Crystal Crisis made the cut.

I kinda wish they would have animated son of dathomir as that was the story that directly preceeds the siege of Mandalore

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Bad Batch for sure. It's literally the first new episode/arc in this season, and was explicitly confirmed in the Comic Con trailer of several months ago. Doesn't sound like Crystal Crisis made the cut.
    Crap.

I kinda wish they would have animated son of dathomir as that was the story that directly preceeds the siege of Mandalore
    Guessing it didn't make the cut since it was released in comic form, so does exist. (Makes sense to prioritize stuff fans would otherwise not get to see.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)