Hey so Hell Arisen #2 is out today, and I guess it’s continuing the story of Perpetua and Apex Lex while also dealing with the Secret Six/Batman who laughs dark multiverse stuff which I will admit is an odd mix. But I’m not really here to discuss the issue itself, someone else can do that in comments if they want. I’m more here to discuss something bothering me after reading this issue.

In issue 1, which apparently follows the unreleased issue 39 of Justice League, it looks as though Perpetua has won and is planning her next move while also bringing back in the Crime Syndicate. In that we’ve learned that she has captured the forger and the monitor with Anti-monitor serving her. Not to mention that they say that the Justice League has been defeated or “crushed”.

Now what comes up in this issue has thrown me for a loop. Because in this issue Apex Lex infiltrates...the Hall of Justice? And it’s perfectly fine, back where it belongs before Batman made it fly, and except for the main 7 of the league all the reserves are there. We see Hawk and Dove, Doctor Light, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, Booster Gold, and etc. And it’s not another earth because they have infected Commissioner Gordon locked up just like the current Batman/Superman book.

So while I know it might be explained in issue 39 of Justice league, I’m actually a little confused what’s going on if Perpetua and Lex think they are winning but the League is somehow still intact. I’m actually not sure what to make of this if I’m honest and it’s a tad odd to show the world is fine ish(because story reasons not really) but the big bad is waiting to destroy/take over the multiverse. Thoughts anyone?