Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I love Flo! And Jamie too!

I look forward to new commercials with them.

I always hated these ads, but seeing the youtube videos that take them down are awesome.
    Also hate the Lincoln mcconaughey ads. I owned a Lincoln and they are awful cars. They are made by ford, and have the quality of a ford, but are 3x as much to repair and maintain.

Hands down the Progressive ads.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get what they're trying to do with "LiMu Emu" but ... no. Just stupid rather than "stupid funny."

I don't ever want to see the one about "They burned down my she-shed" again - whichever company that's for.
    Nice additions. I can't stand those either.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Nice additions. I can't stand those either.
    To be honest, I can't stand any ad that involves a "she-shed" - that's just a cringy term and a horrible idea - they always end up looking like prettified doghouses. Do women really have things like that??

To be honest, I can't stand any ad that involves a "she-shed" - that's just a cringy term and a horrible idea - they always end up looking like prettified doghouses. Do women really have things like that??
    A woman in my neighborhood has a she-shed like in the commercial. It’s an eyesore if you’re walking up or down the street her backyard faces, but it’s really popular w. the other neighborhood she’s.
    Pretty sure they all smoke pot in there...

Progressive is by far the worst, but Liberty Mutual has been gaining ground as of late (though I agree with the OP that the bad actor one is okay). Most all of them are annoying on some level or another, though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-23-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The "Don't mess with my Discount" was the worst. Especially the first one with that insane woman. Limu Emu is a close second.

The crazy thing about the Flo adds is they started out in 2008. I can not think of any other commercials character that have had that long run except Mr. Whipple in the Charmin adds. As much as they get replayed I have to wonder just how much bank Stephanie Courtney has made off this one job which I'm sure she thought was just going to be a quick one and done all those years ago. It still throws me off whenever she appears on the Goldbergs because all I can think is "hey theres Flo".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Limu Emu is a close second.
    Yeah, Liberty Mutual was trying to recreate that 1970's buddy-cop TV show vibe, and it ain't working because it's ridiculous.

The crazy thing about the Flo adds is they started out in 2008. I can not think of any other commercials character that have had that long run except Mr. Whipple in the Charmin adds. As much as they get replayed I have to wonder just how much bank Stephanie Courtney has made off this one job which I'm sure she thought was just going to be a quick one and done all those years ago. It still throws me off whenever she appears on the Goldbergs because all I can think is "hey theres Flo".
    Damn! She's been at it THAT long? Whoa! I never really noticed!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A woman in my neighborhood has a she-shed like in the commercial. It’s an eyesore if you’re walking up or down the street her backyard faces, but it’s really popular w. the other neighborhood she’s.
    Well, now I'm thinking her she-shed wasn't actually struck by lightning at all....

I hated those guitar guys in those Geico ads....
    x480.jpg

Well, now I'm thinking her she-shed wasn't actually struck by lightning at all....
    ^^^LOL!

x480.jpg
    ^^^ha, same here. They drove me up the wall!

Oh yes they do! Sometimes in retaliation of their men having a "man-cave", another horrible name.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, there was no 'lightning' as such burning down her 'she-shed'.......it was the toke lightning.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

The "Don't mess with my Discount" was the worst. Especially the first one with that insane woman. Limu Emu is a close second.

Yeah, I wonder how many actors have had long running commercial gigs?

The Trivago guy has been doing those ads since 2012. Who else is there?

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

x480.jpg

I forgot about them! I used to think the guy on the right was cute.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

How many years has the "can you hear me now" been going? I mean he switched companys but is still basically the same character.