Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Donna's actually the narrator of a couple of pages (the ones about the five member Wonder Girls team) in the Bombshells story. Unfortunately, that story happens to be AU, so the real Donna and Cassie no-showed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't like the new bracelets, the red star and gold cracks in the silver makes them look like tacky Christmas decor. Also there's no way they could be stronger than the ones with the Aegis Effect when crossed and they don't do cool stuff like house a Justice League com-link, or store weapons, or generate lightning.

If anyone is interested in reading a good celebration of Wonder Woman I'd suggest reading Wonder Woman Vol 1 #300, which showcases a bunch of 'What If' stories about Wonder Woman, including her and Superman falling in love and, a personal favourite of mine, a story where Wonder Woman becomes a despot and conquers the US.

There just aren't that many exciting stories in this package. We got two featuring Cheetah, a character that is far too used nowadays, one where she fights a hydra, a basic summary of her Bombshell adventures...a very boring conclusion to an arc and a boring intro to another story (I zoned out when FDR was talking). And again, the continuity...its nuts, we got an end to Rebirth Wonder Woman, a story with an Aries that hasn't been canon for almost a decade now, a story taking place in a different dimension, and a story that launches the 5G era.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 01-23-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Simone and Doran: The return of Star Blossom. A nice story of loss and the need for friendship and family. Not as delightful as the first Star Blossom tale, but nice enough. Doran does a great job at expressing action and joy, but the more quiet feelings of companionship and sorrow feel more stiff than heartfelt.
    Idk, I don't find it all to compelling when I'm suppose to feel bad when a character I've never seen has died. At least you get to see Red Shirts before they die.

Honestly, this whole issue reminds me of why I dislike 'modern' Amazons. They aren't consistent enough for me to become invested in them. I mean Nubia, what is she really? She isn't Wonder Woman's twin sister, she's just a rando that appeared in Wilson's run for a reference. Antiope and Orana are mentioned sure, but are they they're just references. Nubia, Antiope and Orana had great Bronze Age stories, but they're just empty names now.

For what it’s worth, I love that Orlando called the bracelets “bracelets”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading a good celebration of Wonder Woman I'd suggest reading Wonder Woman Vol 1 #300, which showcases a bunch of 'What If' stories about Wonder Woman, including her and Superman falling in love and, a personal favourite of mine, a story where Wonder Woman becomes a despot and conquers the US.
    You know, it really does feel like you are trolling the WW fan base when you post stuff like this as you know good and well these are not the types of stories they would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know, it really does feel like you are trolling the WW fan base when you post stuff like this as you know good and well these are not the types of stories they would like.
    I thought people here liked shipping Superman and Wonder Woman?

Also I looked it up and Wonder Woman Vol 1 #300 also has stories featuring Earth-2 Wonder Woman, a story where a criminal, not Steve Trevor, arrives on Paradise Island and some general dream hi jinks. Its a good, celebratory, issue.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 01-23-2020 at 08:49 PM.

I though people here liked shipping Superman and Wonder Woman?
    No, everyone just set up seperate camps and don't bring it up to each other.

I though people here liked shipping Superman and Wonder Woman?
    Not all of them do and they certainly don't like stories about Diana becoming a tyrant which you should know by how often they complained about her portrayal in the Injustice games.

There just aren't that many exciting stories in this package. We got two featuring Cheetah, a character that is far too used nowadays, one where she fights a hydra, a basic summary of her Bombshell adventures...a very boring conclusion to an arc and a boring intro to another story (I zoned out when FDR was talking). And again, the continuity...its nuts, we got an end to Rebirth Wonder Woman, a story with an Aries that hasn't been canon for almost a decade now, a story taking place in a different dimension, and a story that launches the 5G era.
    Thanks Pinsir I own WW #300 and it's a well worn favorite. I especially like the first appearance of Fury. Great recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    For what it’s worth, I love that Orlando called the bracelets “bracelets”.
    I agree, "bracers" or "vambraces" sounds like it's trying too hard. They're bracelets, let's keep in simple.

I thought people here liked shipping Superman and Wonder Woman?

Also I looked it up and Wonder Woman Vol 1 #300 also has stories featuring Earth-2 Wonder Woman, a story where a criminal, not Steve Trevor, arrives on Paradise Island and some general dream hi jinks. Its a good, celebratory, issue.
    Those stories sound like fun What If’s. I think Agent Z is overreacting a a bit, the WW fanbase is diverse enough to like different stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not all of them do and they certainly don't like stories about Diana becoming a tyrant which you should know by how often they complained about her portrayal in the Injustice games.
    The story is fun though and its more interesting than 'Wonder Woman is evil.' Wonder Woman conquers America, but she keeps finding excuses for not killing people because Wonder Woman can never be truly evil and that is her downfall (Which is kind of weird as the Bronze Age Wonder Woman certainly did kill people). The Superman story is good too; the conclusion of that story is that Wonder Woman and Superman can never be a couple.

Thinking about Wonder Woman Vol 1 300 just makes me remiss of how many missed opportunities there were for this issue. I loath Batman in a Wonder Woman books (I almost stopped reading Dead Earth when Batman cameoed in it for no good reason), but since most of these stories had dubious cannonicity, why not have one that ships Batman x Wonder Woman, or Aquaman x Wonder Woman (the patrician ship ). Heck, write a story where she speed dates the whole JL! A story like that would be funny and memorable if it were written well.

Incredible Member

So.... nothing in this big issue ties into the pre-52 era?

Hard pass. Disappointing.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I was pretty disappointed with this issue. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't help but feel compelled to go back to that 75th Anniversary Special DC put out a few years ago right around when her movie came out. Light years better, IMHO.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.