Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm so glad I didn't buy 2 issue's of this crap.sp very disappointed in DC for her 750th issue she deserved way better story telling and artists on this book.we get to see a lil more Nubia.no Donna.Cassie or Artemis w the exception of the bombshell story.but they gave us ''Star Blossom'' really DC but I keep forgetting we're not talking about Batman just shaking my head.the only thing I can think of that would be some good to having Diana be the 1st super heroine how about making Donna her daughter since she's been around so long.

Does anyone know why they hyped up WW 750th issue? The number just appeared so arbitrary to me. I had to have read the 700th issue a few years ago and I don't think they celebrated that one.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

To set up 5G. Flash is getting the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Does anyone know why they hyped up WW 750th issue? The number just appeared so arbitrary to me. I had to have read the 700th issue a few years ago and I don't think they celebrated that one.
    The explanation I've heard is the success with Action Comics and Detective Comics #1000.

Mr.B's take that it is to set up 5G seems less likely to me. If that was the only goal, I think DC would have pushed the 5G aspects of it much harder, and it'd have looked more like Wonder Woman #600 with a rather long intro to the new continuity. In comparison, Snyder's Wonder Woman story felt more like an afterthought in #750.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume Gail Simone is pushing for that Star-Blossom kid to join the Teen Titans? The Titans get mentioned in Simone's story.

Silver Swan got her powers from nanotech that was meant to cure her paraplegia? She should just get the same tech Barbara Gordon has.

KangMiRae, they really ought to do a Sensation Comics mini-series to show what Diana did between the 1940s and the present, I think. The main Wonder Woman book can stay in the present day.

Why was the Bombshells story the only one to mention Donna and Cassie?
    Maybe Star Blossom can team up with the oelriginal Wonder Boy, Bobby Barnes, and have adventures together!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Some take-a-ways, Orana is back in continuity, so is Exoristos, Astarte, Amazonium, Megalodons and apparently Hippolyta can just pop up in Man's World anytime she wants to thanks to the Sandals of Hermes. Ares is a confirmed bad guy again and locked back up on Themysicra. Without Dr. Psycho's influence Vanessa is a contrite paraplegic and no longer the Silver Swan. Themyscira will probably get tech upgrades in the near future to defend against the outside world. The Rebirth origin isn't canon with NO explanation. Diana doesn't serve her gods anymore. She's on her own but why she still has the powers they gave her I don't know. There are A LOT of missing years and pieces of the puzzle that need to be addressed. The new timeline is already a fail for me.
    Maybe Vanessa can be the new Oracle? We seem to have lost her in the 52 and rebirthing stuff.

Gosh.

I really wish Rucka and Scott were back on this book. I loved that story. And I like that Circe. I also really enjoyed the Tamaki and Casagrande story.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Aside from wanting to capitalize on a quasi-landmark number, according to DC going back to classic numbering is supposed to be a signal for starting their next big continuity overhaul. Indeed Snyder's story about her debut in the 40s is officially the first piece of tangibly written material showing us this initiative. From here stuff like this is going to continue throughout the line in various ways. For instance in a few months Conner is going to showing up in Superman where the characters will reconnect and where they will try to make sense of the muddled history insofar as Conner's place. That will likely be the platform there to give us a window in to a piece of new history for the Superman side. IOW expect to see a lot of reasons in a lot of titles from here on out for characters to explore their pasts, which will include new details to fit into their new, long history.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-28-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I read this and each subsequent story was better than the previous one but each story was he same on except for the very first. Diana floats in, does a good thing, "isn't she great". The end. For this reason, my favourite story was the one about Diana's family haranguing her about not visiting. Which, is faint praise for a book in the superhero genre.

I find writers in general too reverent of the character. We know Diana's great. Stop telling us the story about how great she is. There's so much wrong about the approach to Diana lately... I would have to write a full essay on it to really get into it.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed in this book.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I read this and each subsequent story was better than the previous one but each story was he same on except for the very first. Diana floats in, does a good thing, "isn't she great". The end. For this reason, my favourite story was the one about Diana's family haranguing her about not visiting. Which, is faint praise for a book in the superhero genre.

I find writers in general too reverent of the character. We know Diana's great. Stop telling us the story about how great she is. There's so much wrong about the approach to Diana lately... I would have to write a full essay on it to really get into it.

To be honest, I find a similar problem with a lot of Superman material.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I can see why you feel many of these stories feel empty. But i don't think the reason for that is the one you think. If they really treated her with such reverence, they wouldn't soft reboot her verse constantly. They wouldn't disrespect her character, villains, mythos, power level etc so much. They would stop creating a new cast every run, and they would start developing what is already there. If they really cared. But that is not the case with many writers.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I can see why you feel many of these stories feel empty. But i don't think the reason for that is the one you think. If they really treated her with such reverence, they wouldn't soft reboot her verse constantly. They wouldn't disrespect her character, villains, mythos, power level etc so much. They would stop creating a new cast every run, and they would start developing what is already there. If they really cared. But that is not the case with many writers.
    That used to be true, but it hasn't since Rebirth. Rucka, Fontana, Robinson, Wilson and Orlando have all used the same supporting cast and status quo, more or less, to varying degrees of success. There's been lots of classic villain revamps and obscure Amazons brought back into the fold, along with Ferdinand (used far too sparingly) and new additions. So that's not the problem. Not saying there isn't one, but I think Ulysses struck closer to the truth. The results have been decidedly underwhelming but it's not due to inconsistency (except for the art which changes wildly frequently). There's a spark missing to make it all catch fire. There's plenty of kindling but no heat.

Extraordinary Member

I find writers in general too reverent of the character.
    Agreed, which is why I've always been a proponent of adding supporting characters who can genuinely challenge Diana's POV on things. Not a supervillain in disguise, not someone possessed by an evil being (hell, not even a corrupt senator ). Just someone with a completely valid POV that can make Diana re-examine how she approaches humanity/superheroics.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

There's much I would have seen 750 accomplish.

Establishment of the official Wonder Woman Family...

Restoration of Donna Troys original origin, with requisite minor tweaks...

Something that made Steve Trevor an interesting love interest...

A Donna story...

Restoration of George Perez's heroic Hercules, who fought beside his Amazon sisters, in WOGs...

A full Zephyr the Wonder Bird adventure...little things, like that.

For all of the complaints our community has made about Diana being a guest in her own comic, ..I think 750 gave us too much Diana. Furthermore, too little substance, for the volume used. While one expects these special edition comics to be mostly celebratory of their superheroes, WW, having been published, so wastefully, over the years, ..needs more than the printed equivalent of an office party.

Disappointed, but entertained...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-30-2020 at 12:20 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That used to be true, but it hasn't since Rebirth. Rucka, Fontana, Robinson, Wilson and Orlando have all used the same supporting cast and status quo, more or less, to varying degrees of success. There's been lots of classic villain revamps and obscure Amazons brought back into the fold, along with Ferdinand (used far too sparingly) and new additions. So that's not the problem. Not saying there isn't one, but I think Ulysses struck closer to the truth. The results have been decidedly underwhelming but it's not due to inconsistency (except for the art which changes wildly frequently). There's a spark missing to make it all catch fire. There's plenty of kindling but no heat.
    fontana was a very short period. In robinson and gww runs. It was their pet characters the ones that took the center of the stories. You know, jason, maggie etc. The inconsistency in Diana's personality was there too. And Diana being constantly outstaged or saved by somebody else, somebody that comes to the rescue when she fails to save the day. This has been happening far too often now. I don't find any of this to be signs of Wonder Woman being treated with reverence. I think it's the opposite.