Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    96

    Post Ted Kord alive and well???

    So I know that he suddenly appeared in Heroes in Crisis, but for some reason i thought Booster Scooped him out of the Time Stream (yet again) because he thought he was loosing it and needed his Best Friend's help. I figured that after that Ted would have been returned to his proper time of course.
    But apparently Ted was now never killed??? I just noticed him in the newest Batman/Superman and did a double take. I looked around for a minute online but didn't find anything concrete really.

    Did they seriously bring Ted Kord back in the same series they destroyed Wally West's Character? Because i have a feeling i am not alone in shock at this rather sudden Resurrection with no follow-up or welcome back tour...considering how he Died, it would have been nice to know if he is actually BACK back...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    So I know that he suddenly appeared in Heroes in Crisis, but for some reason i thought Booster Scooped him out of the Time Stream (yet again) because he thought he was loosing it and needed his Best Friend's help. I figured that after that Ted would have been returned to his proper time of course.
    But apparently Ted was now never killed??? I just noticed him in the newest Batman/Superman and did a double take. I looked around for a minute online but didn't find anything concrete really.

    Did they seriously bring Ted Kord back in the same series they destroyed Wally West's Character? Because i have a feeling i am not alone in shock at this rather sudden Resurrection with no follow-up or welcome back tour...considering how he Died, it would have been nice to know if he is actually BACK back...
    No actually they brought him back in the Rebirth one-shot and then he had an ongoing series where he worked with Jaime Reyes which all happened before Heroes in Crisis. In Rebirth he did not die, but he quit because of a heart condition.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  3. #3
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No actually they brought him back in the Rebirth one-shot and then he had an ongoing series where he worked with Jaime Reyes which all happened before Heroes in Crisis. In Rebirth he did not die, but he quit because of a heart condition.
    wow...i am not sure if it is just me or if DC has just blown his Resurrection worse than any i can think of in recent memory. I just flipped through Rebirth and found where he was "reintroduced" and talk about absent mindedly bringing a character back...he just sort of is there as a mentor in the middle of a conversation...that was how Ted Kord was reintroduced after one of the most Dramatic DC deaths ever and how many times has it been recreated???

    Yet he has been around for 3.5 YEARS now and has only been seen in that series (is it still around?), a tiny cameo flying to Mars in Doomsday Clock, Heroes in Crisis (which I would contend is remembered more for that terrible TERRIBLE ending and "twist" with Wally than for anything with Harley and Booster), and the panel in Batman/Superman talking about the Infected...and I thought Richard Rider got screwed when Jamie became the new Nova, but he was treated better in the 3.5 years after his Resurrection than Ted has, and his death was not NEARLY as big of a Moment as Kords.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Nu52 he was supposed to be a young genius. But rebirth brought his age and personal history back.

    So he never died.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Nu52 he was supposed to be a young genius. But rebirth brought his age and personal history back.

    So he never died.
    Ted's death was such a lynch-pin to Infinite Crisis, though. All sorts of reshuffling would seem to be needed to keep Infinite Crisis in continuity now that Ted is back. Has the "all better now" Ted Kord experienced any deja vu involving Max Lord killing him in the older continuity? Is his revival a result of Doomsday Clock?

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member docmidnite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    479

    Default

    The post Flashpoint universe is completely different than the pre Flashpoint universe and Ted’s death happened pre Flashpoint.

  7. #7
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    wow...i am not sure if it is just me or if DC has just blown his Resurrection worse than any i can think of in recent memory. I just flipped through Rebirth and found where he was "reintroduced" and talk about absent mindedly bringing a character back...he just sort of is there as a mentor in the middle of a conversation...that was how Ted Kord was reintroduced after one of the most Dramatic DC deaths ever and how many times has it been recreated???

    Yet he has been around for 3.5 YEARS now and has only been seen in that series (is it still around?), a tiny cameo flying to Mars in Doomsday Clock, Heroes in Crisis (which I would contend is remembered more for that terrible TERRIBLE ending and "twist" with Wally than for anything with Harley and Booster), and the panel in Batman/Superman talking about the Infected...and I thought Richard Rider got screwed when Jamie became the new Nova, but he was treated better in the 3.5 years after his Resurrection than Ted has, and his death was not NEARLY as big of a Moment as Kords.
    Sam. When Sam became the new Nova. I guess you got him confused with this thread's subject Ted Kord's legacy, Jamie Reyes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Ted came back yearsss ago. I remember him being extremely young during the New 52 Forever Evil.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Ted's death was such a lynch-pin to Infinite Crisis, though. All sorts of reshuffling would seem to be needed to keep Infinite Crisis in continuity now that Ted is back. Has the "all better now" Ted Kord experienced any deja vu involving Max Lord killing him in the older continuity? Is his revival a result of Doomsday Clock?
    Only Max knows. 5G might put his death back in but he just comes back to life instead.

  10. #10
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam. When Sam became the new Nova. I guess you got him confused with this thread's subject Ted Kord's legacy, Jamie Reyes.
    Good catch.

    I had never thought to compare the 4 characters before today, my subconscious was ahead of me, but now that i have I can't stop seeing the overarching sameness of the 2 sagas. I mean seriously, a hispanic teenager finds an item that gives them powers and they take the mantle of a dead white guy. You could even include Miles if you really wanted to stretch the it a little as he is half-mexican and took over for Teenage Peter in the Ultimate Universe.

    I am not complaining about it since I really like all of the characters mentioned above quite a bit. Jamie, Sam, and Miles are all fully Heroes in their own rights now, and all the dead heroes are more or less back in action now; i just find it funny how parallel their story-line's have been (again, in general).

    Also how Ted's return has been handled compared to Richards has been COMPLETELY different. Richard is still dealing with the Fallout of his return, he just died again from the same thing and was brought back by his enemy in fact. Richard is deeply scarred mentally with what he has been through. Meanwhile, Ted's return has been nothing more than "Oh, hey Ted".......like the return of Kenny from South Park when he actually died for like 3 years and then just walked in and said hi at the end of the X-Mas episode like nothing had happened. It was hilarious with Kenny, but he did not die nearly as dramatically as Ted did, and they did a pretty great job with Kenny dying of Cancer and treating it seriously (it is part of the joke that a show like South Park managed to create a pretty touching and sad story about Kenny dying from something so real). South Park then moved on from Kenny's death...DC Spent YEARS bringing up Teds death even after Infinite Crisis. It has been such a huge plot point for so long that to pull a Kenny and have him just walk back on Panel like "Hey guys" like it is no big deal (and the complete destruction of Boosters LONG established character on top of that due to the implications of this plot point that i dislike so much that i would not be surprised if i continue to forget that he is alive even after this thread).......It is Spitting in the face of the people that seem to make up their base now, LONG time readers.

    I mean...Ted Kord is alive the entire time since the end of Flashpoint...i can not see how that lines up with Boosters behavior since then...i mean he was the head of the JLI at the beginning of the New 52 ffs. I barely remember that blip but i am pretty sure since he was the leader that Ted's death would have been a driving force for him getting SERIOUS...as it did when the same writer Dan Jurgens was writing the Booster Gold (char created by Jurgens) series that launched after '52' thanks to his popularity from his role in that.

    Has there been anywhere else he has popped up since the start of the New 52? Did Johns really allow how poorly Ted has been handled slip through his whole Metaverse angle when Ted Kord and Wally West are literally the DC versions of the exact concept he is talking about...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

  11. #11
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ted came back yearsss ago. I remember him being extremely young during the New 52 Forever Evil.
    Completely forgot about that version of him...was that the same version that is currently running around? because omfg if it is...how could he have "retired"......omg my head hurts now...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,302

    Default

    New 52 ended up being a bit of a mixed bag, but the primary purpose was to allow writers to do new stories without the 'baggage' of the past, and the same goes for readers being able to jump on, so in that sense Ted Kord was never getting some big welcome back because for all intents and purposes he never went anywhere. His scene in Rebirth was probably intentionally downplayed, a lot of what Johns did was very subtle nods to stories and characters that had not found a proper place in the new continuity.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Completely forgot about that version of him...was that the same version that is currently running around? because omfg if it is...how could he have "retired"......omg my head hurts now...
    Expect more head hurt because it is kind of a mix of old and new continuity. He was Blue Beetle, and he did super heroics and he was friends with Booster Gold and I believe Nightshade...but he did not die, instead he suffered some kind of heart condition (I believe that is how they explained it in the ongoing) and "retired" from super heroics but he occasionally does stuff. Mainly though, I would equate it to Batman Beyond in a way, because then he became the mentor to Jaime Reyes and would help him on his adventures. If you care maybe read the Rebirth run of Blue Beetle.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Expect more head hurt because it is kind of a mix of old and new continuity. He was Blue Beetle, and he did super heroics and he was friends with Booster Gold and I believe Nightshade...but he did not die, instead he suffered some kind of heart condition (I believe that is how they explained it in the ongoing) and "retired" from super heroics but he occasionally does stuff. Mainly though, I would equate it to Batman Beyond in a way, because then he became the mentor to Jaime Reyes and would help him on his adventures. If you care maybe read the Rebirth run of Blue Beetle.
    he looked like he was maybe 22 in Forever Evil #7. So the idea that he had a career with Booster and retired already.....no, just...just no.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Well rebirth aged him up and had flashbacks in his old costume.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •