Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    1. Great
    2. Really good up til "But Dr Octavius...I'm really Peter Parker...and can't you just be a good guy and save the world."
    3. The dumpster fire that all dumpster fires aspire to.
    Getting soaked did weaken the arms, so weakening their hold on him.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy is the only Spider-Man adaptation that really gets the characters and his universe to a t or at least the original Stan Lee and Conway run with the possible exception of Mary Jane Watson.

People complain about him killing the burglar. Well, aside from the fact that Spider-Man has actually has killed his villains in the comics(and if not then please tell me why Senator Stewart Ward is not longer around) the guy had a gun to Parkers head and knew who he was. Third of all why would the lesson with great powers comes great responsibility sink in right away after he realised that Uncle Ben died because he did not act responsibly. Speaking of which the scene were Spider-Man pushes the burglar towards the light and they both recognise each other right before the flashback is epic. Also I her people complain about him having organic webbing. Please, in the 1994 cartoon show Spider-Man is only able to make it because the spider bite that gave him his powers also provided him with knowledge on how to make it and in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics he does not invent the webbing on his own but creates it using his father's research and before anybody brings up the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series I would like to point out that I find it incredibly ironic how TSSM fans go on about how their favorite show is the only legit portrayal of the character when Spectacular constantly pulls from the Raimi films although not to the same degree as Batman the animated series pulled from the Burton films. Also people complain about the Green Goblin design from the first film. Sure he has looked better before but is it as bad as doctor Octopus design in the 90's animated series or Black Cats design in the ps1 game by Neversoft? Not even close. Speaking of Doc Ock his and Venom's designs are among the best renditions of the characters I have seen with Octaviouses being an improvement over the comic book look if anything. Also Sandman is the spitting image of the character from the comics and I honestly think it was more appropriate for Harry Osborn to look like a surfer ninja given how he ends up being a hero and teaming up with Spider-Man.

They have never recasted John Jonah Jameson despite having had two reboots after the first trilogy and I think you can see why because J.K Simmons nails that character and I only recently realised that he was wearing a wig and only because I was made aware of this through trivia I read online. Tobey Maguire is no Rino Romano or even Christopher Daniel Barnes but I take him over Holland or Garfield any day. However the best thing to come out of Raimi's trilogy is the fact that in his movie series the Green Goblin actually dies when the glider hits him also the zoom out of Spider-Man watching Norman Osborne die along with the fade to the broken Green Goblin mask signifying that both Norman and the Goblin are dead is epic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    That's too harsh, you'd think this was used to describe stuff like Schumacher's Batman, Catwoman (not a CBM), one of the Fantastic Four movies, Wolverine Origins, Man-Thing, or Punisher Warzone.

Spider-Man 3 is far better than any of these entries, even with its silliness and awkward moments it is still too competently written and made to deserve being placed that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man 3 being better than those is kinda the point of the ‘dumpster fire that all dumpster fires aspire to be’
    It was right down there with all of those...not better that they could have aspired to...

Sandman...cool looking CGI and all...being the guy who killed Uncle Ben...hard pass
    Harry...looking like some X-Games participant on a flying snowboard and not a successor to the Green Goblin...hard pass
    Angry, d-bag Peter...hard pass...yes I get the symbiote was affecting him
    Eddie...basically a Peter clone who does the same thing and not a reporter for another paper who tanks his own career but gets mad at Spidey...hard pass
    Venom...let's take a can of black spray paint to the regular Spidey costume...and not do traditional Venom....hard pass

Started strong, ended weak.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

First one okay, second one good, third one blah

Black Cat might've been interesting to add to Spiderman 2. A reason he falls for her is he's lonely because he gave up on mary jane and afraid to bring someone else in his life. So meeting someone like her would be an interesting temptation for him. In the 90s cartoon she had a superhero origin and was more of an antihero so you could play with that. Granted that might've too packed for Spiderman 2.

I don't mind the multiple villians of Spiderman 3, i just think these 3 don't work well together or should've been swapped out for others.

Instead of the retcon with Sandman over who killed uncle Ben, i would have brought in Jessica Carradine from the Ben Reilly comics. She's a reporter who hates Spiderman because he kilked her father the Burglar.