Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 181
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I skipped over the last Uncanny run, just read the reviews but wasn't Emma Black King during Shinobi's death? So was Sebastian really lying when he said Emma was involved with his death?
    Not really, but she didn't kill him directly. Kate was not involved.

  2. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When you're alone inside someone's nervous system you might get chatty.
    you'd just have to read some of Cross/Yellowjacket's other appearances to know just how out of character this was for him. he speaks like Beast did in the 90s X-Men animated series. the guy was opposed to smiling let alone joking. i could maybe buy it from his (now comatose) son, Augustine. i'm just going to assume that the writer's source was the MCU version.

  3. #108
    Solid Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    383

    Default

    I'm pissed that pirate Kate is likely dead. When they bring her back she won't have the rad tats AND I WANTED THAT TO BE FOREVER!!

    Y'know, like actual tattoos.
    “After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer." - Jim Starlin, December 2019.

  4. #109

    Default

    it's ironic that someone who holds their breath to use their mutant ability would immediately gulp sea water after being submerged. of course Krakoa might just be taking her down to have a chat.

  5. #110
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    86

    Default

    This books is really coming out to be a great one. Can't wait the next 2 weeks!

  6. #111
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you'd just have to read some of Cross/Yellowjacket's other appearances to know just how out of character this was for him. he speaks like Beast did in the 90s X-Men animated series. the guy was opposed to smiling let alone joking. i could maybe buy it from his (now comatose) son, Augustine. i'm just going to assume that the writer's source was the MCU version.
    We don't really know if this is Cross, do we?

  7. #112
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    We don't know who this Yellowjacket is. As far as I'm concerned, he could be Eric O'Grady having changed his suit.

  8. #113
    Solid Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We don't know who this Yellowjacket is.... he could be Eric O'Grady having changed his suit.
    That's what I was thinking too. Could certainly be the case.

    “After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer." - Jim Starlin, December 2019.

  9. #114
    Incredible Member pandafarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    781

    Default

    That's a great point about YJ. Might be someone using the tech. Great for plot use, but just didn't like how they made this guy/gal seem like not very professional. I would think you'd want the best people for the job, not someone who will titter at jokes as they float around in the blood.

  10. #115
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    That's a great point about YJ. Might be someone using the tech. Great for plot use, but just didn't like how they made this guy/gal seem like not very professional. I would think you'd want the best people for the job, not someone who will titter at jokes as they float around in the blood.
    MU has a bunch pf highly trained joksters in their ranks tho I mean just look at the Hellfire brats.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Oh about YJ... Didn't he also say that Pyro would rock one of Emma's outfits?

  12. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh about YJ... Didn't he also say that Pyro would rock one of Emma's outfits?
    i think he suggested that Pyro would look good in one of the outfits.

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We don't know who this Yellowjacket is. As far as I'm concerned, he could be Eric O'Grady having changed his suit.
    he said that the secrets they get from Krakoa would be good for their business interests. Eric would have just been interested in boobs. that and Cross actually needs the Yellowjacket armor to stabilize his condition. he's not able to control his size fluctuations. i'm good with thinking that this is the same Cross who was already in a loose alliance with Sebastian Shaw. he's just been written kind of weird because he's an obscure character maybe unfamiliar to the writer.


    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-23-2020 at 01:22 PM.

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    MU has a bunch pf highly trained joksters in their ranks tho I mean just look at the Hellfire brats.
    don't get me started on the 'wrongness' of the Hellfire Brats.

  15. #120
    Solid Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh about YJ... Didn't he also say that Pyro would rock one of Emma's outfits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i think he suggested that Pyro would look good in one of the outfits.
    He definitely did say something like this. I don't have the comic in front of me right now but it was along those lines.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 01-23-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    “After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer." - Jim Starlin, December 2019.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •