Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Shaw has played his hand and I CAN'T WAIT!!! for the council to annihilate him. For the laws he's broken, he deserves every Arrako-awful thing they do to him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm very surprised Shaw played his hand so quickly. It also seems short sighted to think Kate wouldnt be in telepathic contact with Emma if not all the telepaths on the island. I would also hope that Christian, while having a duplicitous past, would not be so quick to turn...but it is nice to see internal conflicts on the island start to percolate.
    It was also nice to see some history noted and it seems Storm might still hold a grudge against Forge for creating the mutant dampening technology the suits might be built from.
    The biggest complaint I have with this issue is the art. Very much not to my liking. While Lolli is serviceable, Del Pennino very much was not to my liking. I would prefer a stronger artist all the way around (Dauterman would be insane here).
    ...what's Kenneth Rocafort doing...?
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 01-22-2020 at 08:45 PM.

I think this is going to play out in a couple of ways!
    1. Over the next two issues Storm and Emma go to island M with everyone else to find Kate. They find Kate missing, or they discover Kate is dead.
    2. Emma blames Storm for leaving Kate alone, Storm thinks Emma was part of the conspiracy. Emma and Storm come to blows, and they are being goaded on by an outside force that takes advantage and takes Storm.
    3. This leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma - Jean and Emma rescue Storm from whoever took her in Marauders 8.
    4. Now a bit more on the same page, Emma and Storm do everything in their power to see Kate resurrected.
    5. Emma could very well go on a revenge mission with the intention of killing everyone who was involved in Kate's death, and I mean everyone. Emma tends to go a bit crazy when people she loves are hurt, and I could see her going extreme here!
    6. This could very well rock the Quiet Council, especially if Emma just walks up and kills Sebastian right at the table!
    7. Depending if Emma is able to act more calmly and work with Kate and Storm on resolving this, then it might go more peaceably, but it really depends on how far Emma wants to take her revenge for what they did to Kate.

I do know Emma cares a lot about Kate, probably loves Kate as much as the Cuckoos, so I can't see Emma taking this well. I could easily see Emma and Storm arguing about this and both of them getting violent about it and blaming each other!

I know this leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma, because in February the releases are Marauders 7, then Marauders 8, then Giant Size Jean and Emma. So at minimum there are 3 more parts to this story.

Jean will probably be the calming influence in this, helping Emma rescue Storm, then together they all work to get Kate resurrected!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Me next issue
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

i hope calisto isnt on shaw's side and is there to take out the trash aka christian

Give me all of this, but especially...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    5. Emma could very well go on a revenge mission with the intention of killing everyone who was involved in Kate's death, and I mean everyone. Emma tends to go a bit crazy when people she loves are hurt, and I could see her going extreme here!
    Sebastian Shaw is a villain and it's sickening and fantastic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Kitty died?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But it did show it. Sebastian said to him that once they killed Kate, he would get Iceman.

Also, why are people surprised? Didn't Christian kill his father in cold blood and then took over his fortune? This actually makes him more interesting IMO. Though gong along with Kate getting killed JUST so he can get Bobby, does sound ridiculous.
    It does not.

The direct quote is: "Between you and me, they can't resurrect the Red Queen, and I surmise that's why Iceman won't join your crew. He's too busy safeguarding some feeble half-mutant girl."

To me this planted the seed for Christian's conversation with Iceman. It doesn't necessarily even suggest Shaw is talking about actually killing Kitty with Christian (Christian could have easily just said, "I wish Iceman would join my crew" right before it), much less that Christian has done anything to help.

It gives motive to support the idea of Christian being involved, but hasn't committed to going that direction; I think that is Shaw manipulating the situation.

I'm way over invested in this. hahaha.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

christian is trash, period

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Why are you so quick to believe the the libertine with the four decade long track record of murder and betrayal? Until you see Christian on panel conspiring, ya best take Lord hairy chest's words with a grain (bucketful) of salt.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Why do you think that?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Why do you think that?
    he is in cahoots with shaw and his " i was never a mutant but now im stronger than my sis" always anoyed me. But now my salt has been vindicated

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Give me all of this, but especially...

Sebastian Shaw is a villain and it's sickening and fantastic.
    If he goes down, there better be none of the posturing and exasperating monologues. Give him a fair trial, then bury him in the dark with Creed. No personal vengeance or any of that crap. No falling into old patterns.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I'm not sure if its wise to play the 'why is Kitty not welcome on Krakoa' card so quickly. Maybe Marauders isn't meant to be a particularly long series?

This country has been around for like a month and its leaders are already openly murdering each other. Which most of them should know doesn't work very well these days. I'll just tuck it into my 'Krakoa isn't meant to last more than a year' theory file and shrug.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm not sure if its wise to play the 'why is Kitty not welcome on Krakoa' card so quickly. Maybe Marauders isn't meant to be a particularly long series?

This country has been around for like a month and its leaders are already openly murdering each other. Which most of them should know doesn't work very well these days. I'll just tuck it into my 'Krakoa isn't meant to last more than a year' theory file and shrug.
    if it was all peaches and spoken politics like the phantom menace, you would complain about krakoa being too perfect and having no conflict and tots bad writting.
    we get conflict, its gonna fall apart in a year, your theory is super correct.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-22-2020 at 11:22 PM.