Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think it's just the way her powers react to Krakoa. The logic might be questionable but it's something like "she can't go through the gates -> she can't phase through anything Krakoa)
    It is what I thought. The portals are another part of Krakoa so it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That being going into the pit with Sabertooth, but if that happens i feel that it will be a bad thing because somehow i get the feel that they will get out and unleash Hell.
    we already know that Sabretooth gets out. he's on a future cover with Lady Deathstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    If anyone’s rescuing Kate and Lockheed from the sea, it should be our boy Fish from issue 4.
    we're kind of assuming that he can swim. it's no different than assuming that a tall person is good at playing basketball.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Kate's not even technically a Krakoan citizen
    What? All mutants can claim Krakoan citizenship and Kate has a seat on the Quiet Council, the ruling body of Krakoa, how could she not be a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Easy. Bring him before the Kangaroo Court, pissed he killed Kate, and make a law then & there not to attack loyal Krakoan mutants.

Law broken. Into Solitary Confinement he goes. Lol
    Poor Sabretooth. Who could have possibly foreseen that they would make murder illegal.

The cast needs some water breathers.

Squid-Boy
    Nia Noble
    Crosta
    Namorita
    New Purple Squid Guy.....
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-24-2020 at 07:13 AM.

I really like Lolli's art, but I think it is quite strange that he can't make a whole issue by his own since #2. I don't know if there was some script changes or if he had some personal problems, but Marauders is the book with most inconsistency in art in the DoX books. It's quite crazy. I think Caselli was assigned here to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But it did show it. Sebastian said to him that once they killed Kate, he would get Iceman.

Also, why are people surprised? Didn't Christian kill his father in cold blood and then took over his fortune? This actually makes him more interesting IMO. Though gong along with Kate getting killed JUST so he can get Bobby, does sound ridiculous.

Left mine at work, but I'll try:

-Previews of Kate saving Iceman in his ice form from a sword. She then saves Pyro but then gets distracted and Pyro gets shot.
    -We then learn Yellowjacket is now inside Pyro's bloodstream and he was hired by the Hellfire Brats who want to learn Krakoa's dirty secrets.
    -Kate tells Hatemonger and Executioner that she isn't afraid of them. They battle.
    -We learn they are working with Donald Pierce and the Chinese lady. They claim Madripoor immunity but Kate don't care.
    -Storm arrives and together they get throw Pierce an Chinese lady into ocean.
    -For some reason, Kate stays alone in her boat while the rest of her team goes to Krakoa.
    -Alone, Kate is surprised by Sebastian who has a seed/plant that entraps Kate. Sebastian also captures Lockheed, knocks him out, and throws him to ocean.
    -Kate begs Sebastian to let Lockheed live and she'll do what he wants but he doesn't care.
    -Sebastian reveals that he hired Pierce, and set it up to make Emma/Kate think they were saving Shinobi.
    -Sebastian revelas Cristin Frost helped him since with Kate dead, Christian would get Iceman.
    -Kate says she will be resurrected if killed but Sebastian seems confident she won't be revived cause Krakoa doesn't like her.
    -We see Kate trapped fall into Ocean and then it looks like she drowned while Shaw smiled on.

-We also get a data page of Yellojacket living in Pyro and it's pretty silly.
    All the panel shows is Shaw telling Christian he believes they cant resurrect Kate. That's why Iceman is sticking close by... nothing about him killing her or Iceman then going join him. Screenshot_20200124-083451_Comics.jpg

YUP. The raised glasses and implied privacy is what's arousing suspicion. But still, no bargains or agreements or contracts are being established. Its literally just Shaw telling Christian his theory on Iceman's devotion to Kate, in his smarmy dick way.

we're better than this. you can't see the implication in Sebastian's words? how do you think he knew that Iceman wouldn't join Christian's crew? there was more to the conversation. and you should post the full page for the context of this scene being included with Shaw's acquisition of Donald Pierce's aid. what do you think they are toasting to? i, personally, don't think that Christian would betray his sister. but it's what the panel shows.

p.s. Sebastian would most certainly say "between you and i."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    we're better than this. you can't see the implication in Sebastian's words? how do you think he knew that Iceman wouldn't join Christian's crew? there was more to the conversation. and you should post the full page for the context of this scene being included with Shaw's acquisition of Donald Pierce's aid. what do you think they are toasting to? i, personally, don't think that Christian would betray his sister. but it's what the panel shows.

He said it was a friendly drink around the island Screenshot_20200124-084938_Comics.jpg

I actually love that this whole experiment, like so many Utopian fantasies, is falling apart almost before it begins. "Let's just invite a bunch of evil mutants...it'll be fine. Also, if someone dies, no biggie, we just pop another out." Yeah, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    I actually love that this whole experiment, like so many Utopian fantasies, is falling apart almost before it begins. "Let's just invite a bunch of evil mutants...it'll be fine. Also, if someone dies, no biggie, we just pop another out." Yeah, not so much.
    Ehhh How is it falling apart? theres always going to be conflict in any society. I think it s clever to invite every mutant even the evil ones to KraKoa, better to keep those kinds of troublemakers under a watchful eye.

Mutants having their own place to call home, free from the prejudices of the outside world is a Utopian Fantasy? In what way?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

why all we know about Christian is that he has a background of being totured and he is capable of great violence when he thinks he has been betrayed. Again he doesnt owe anything to Emma. She can be his sister but never moved a finger to get him out of the conversion center in years. I know the real reason is that writer forgot about him but is a great reason to explore the resent of Christian .

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhh How is it falling apart? theres always going to be conflict in any society. I think it s clever to invite every mutant even the evil ones to KraKoa, better to keep those kinds of troublemakers under a watchful eye.

Mutants having their own place to call home, free from the prejudices of the outside world is a Utopian Fantasy? In what way?
    Except that they aren't keeping them under a watchful eye. Several key members of the community that have demonstrated for decades that they are unrepentant murders have not only been included, they have been given practically free reign and even positions of authority. I think that leadership murdering each other is a little more that run of the mill "societal conflict," no? And yes, this is a Utopian Fantasy...because there are just as many evil sociopaths with bizarre thoughts about genetic identity inside the camp as outside. Shaw is just an appetizer...just wait until Sinister and Apocalypse inevitably hatch whatever it is that they are working on.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

we already know that Sabretooth gets out. he's on a future cover with Lady Deathstrike.
    Since when do covers mean anything other than cosmetics? Remember POX 3 having Magneto, Emma, and Brotherhood *ugh* on the cover, and not a single one of them showed up in issue. lol Plus the trailer for the Wolverine series was just released, and the only more well known villain we saw was Omega Red.

Though does have me curious where he fits. Is he on Krakoa, and will he be another villain they are able to dispose of. Because he sure as HELL should not be on good behavior. He would be an example of one of the X-Men's more completely psychotic villains with no redeeming traits in canon. Again, least not that I am recalling. Trailer shows him coming through a portal and Wolverine charging to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Who could have possibly foreseen that they would make murder illegal.
    Only when it's him given all the people Wolverine & Monet killed & got a pass for while being praised as heroes of Krakoa.

So lets hope for some consistency & someone else getting thrown down there after laws are retroactively applied for certain people.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-24-2020 at 09:43 AM.