Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think this is going to play out in a couple of ways!
    1. Over the next two issues Storm and Emma go to island M with everyone else to find Kate. They find Kate missing, or they discover Kate is dead.
    2. Emma blames Storm for leaving Kate alone, Storm thinks Emma was part of the conspiracy. Emma and Storm come to blows, and they are being goaded on by an outside force that takes advantage and takes Storm.
    3. This leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma - Jean and Emma rescue Storm from whoever took her in Marauders 8.
    4. Now a bit more on the same page, Emma and Storm do everything in their power to see Kate resurrected.
    5. Emma could very well go on a revenge mission with the intention of killing everyone who was involved in Kate's death, and I mean everyone. Emma tends to go a bit crazy when people she loves are hurt, and I could see her going extreme here!
    6. This could very well rock the Quiet Council, especially if Emma just walks up and kills Sebastian right at the table!
    7. Depending if Emma is able to act more calmly and work with Kate and Storm on resolving this, then it might go more peaceably, but it really depends on how far Emma wants to take her revenge for what they did to Kate.

I do know Emma cares a lot about Kate, probably loves Kate as much as the Cuckoos, so I can't see Emma taking this well. I could easily see Emma and Storm arguing about this and both of them getting violent about it and blaming each other!

I know this leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma, because in February the releases are Marauders 7, then Marauders 8, then Giant Size Jean and Emma. So at minimum there are 3 more parts to this story.

Jean will probably be the calming influence in this, helping Emma rescue Storm, then together they all work to get Kate resurrected!
    interesting theory. I can see a lot this happening.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

i never thought kate would get fridged for an issue or two for conflict, what a switcheroo of expectations

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i never thought kate would get fridged for an issue or two for conflict, what a switcheroo of expectations
    yea im.actually surprised. if she is in fact dead I think her overconfident attitude got her into the pickle she was in. shaw did that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's not fridging of the story is about the person getting "fridged"

BANNED

And Marauders is once again my POTW, and proves itself my favourite of the X-Men titles.

Kate proves her worth and showcases character traits that I admire and adore. She's come a long way since X-Men Gold. Sebastian Shaw is just as conniving as we expect him to be. And Pyro remains a lovable rogue.

At first I dismissed just how successful the infiltration of Yellowjacket could be with so many mutants around that could probably detect his presence (particularly telepaths) but my assumption is that the little drone inserted into Pyro is likely outfitted with psychic dampeners and various other technological advancements courtesy of Homines Verendi.

The return of Donald Pierce makes a lot of sense, especially with his choice of allies. I hope he resurfaces later in the series and proves his worth as a combatant. It'd be nice if the other Reavers showed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    They’re gonna’ revive her fine. But she’s not going to remember this confrontation with Shaw, due to when Chuck did his last back up and Shaw is gonna **** bricks when she walks into the council chamber.

That’s three of the Quiet Council who have been killed now. Jolly careless of them.
    That would be my assumption as well. They'll be able to return her, but she'll have no memories of the betrayal and her demise. Much like Shinobi and presumably much of the restored mutant populace, recollection of their deaths isn't possible because they're returned with the memories up until the point of the last backup before their death. Which, in turn, does set up for a handy window of opportunity for murder on Krakoa.

Five, if we include the deaths of Jean Grey & Nightcrawler on the ORCHIS station. And if Sebastian Shaw has his way, I'm sure he'd like to remove Emma from the board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't know where I stand on Christian, tbh. I have a hard time believing he'd be so naive as to be taken in over a "friendly drink"; he may have been the "nice" Frost once upon a time, but that doesn't mean stupid, and I'm sure Emma's given him an earful about Shaw.
    I think it's possible he's playing along, and reporting to Emma. Or maybe he's showing his Frost colors and playing both sides. I don't think it's going to be as straight-forward as him turning on Emma so early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What do we think Yellowjacket is going to find out aside from Pyro's lingerie tastes? Resurrection protocols exposure would be no bueno.
    That's the big one. The borders of Krakoa itself are pretty well safeguarded, especially after recent events, and the island and it's on-goings is not for public consumption. But as soon as the wider MU learns of their ability to return the dead I'm betting there's gonna be some chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Didn’t one of the Sinister Secrets hint at Namor?
    As much as that'd throw a spanner in the works, I don't believe we'll be getting the King of Abs-lantis so soon, given Agents of Atlas: Atlantis Attacks is its own thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Also, Sebastian mentioned having his own white queen and next issue is a cover of Callisto dressed in white...
    I hadn't even considered that Callisto might be Sebastian's candidate. I just assumed her white garb meant she was allied with Emma. It makes sense, especially if it sets her up against Ororo. It'd be neat to see a pirate crew of Morlocks too.

1. Over the next two issues Storm and Emma go to island M with everyone else to find Kate. They find Kate missing, or they discover Kate is dead.
    2. Emma blames Storm for leaving Kate alone, Storm thinks Emma was part of the conspiracy. Emma and Storm come to blows, and they are being goaded on by an outside force that takes advantage and takes Storm.
    3. This leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma - Jean and Emma rescue Storm from whoever took her in Marauders 8.
    4. Now a bit more on the same page, Emma and Storm do everything in their power to see Kate resurrected.
    5. Emma could very well go on a revenge mission with the intention of killing everyone who was involved in Kate's death, and I mean everyone. Emma tends to go a bit crazy when people she loves are hurt, and I could see her going extreme here!
    6. This could very well rock the Quiet Council, especially if Emma just walks up and kills Sebastian right at the table!
    7. Depending if Emma is able to act more calmly and work with Kate and Storm on resolving this, then it might go more peaceably, but it really depends on how far Emma wants to take her revenge for what they did to Kate.

I do know Emma cares a lot about Kate, probably loves Kate as much as the Cuckoos, so I can't see Emma taking this well. I could easily see Emma and Storm arguing about this and both of them getting violent about it and blaming each other!

I know this leads into the Giant Size Jean and Emma, because in February the releases are Marauders 7, then Marauders 8, then Giant Size Jean and Emma. So at minimum there are 3 more parts to this story.

Jean will probably be the calming influence in this, helping Emma rescue Storm, then together they all work to get Kate resurrected!
    I love how much thought you've put into how this might pan out. I'm interested to see how much you have right.

P.S Can someone who isn't as lazy as I am translate the Krakoan dialect teaser for next issue?

This sounds very likely to happen. All of it. Suspiciously all of it...

kenya-goes-off-on-tanya.jpg

Are you Duggan in disguise? Or are you Yellowjacketting inside of him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    P.S Can someone who isn't as lazy as I am translate the Krakoan dialect teaser for next issue?
    Island M .

Btw, I'm very surprised at the fact that Shaw is going all in like this. One would expect more subtleties in such an environment, since I don't think the Council would be ok with its members trying to kill each other to seize power (it's not against the rules to kill mutants, but this really puts the Council in a bad position of backstabbing that I don't think Xavier would appreciate, especially since he's affectionate towards Kitty).

I hope we get a scene like this at the end of this arc:
    tumblr_ozddr1xgb91v6ffofo1_640.jpg

And Emma should give us an outfit with a cape at some point, for the drama.

BANNED

shaw kinda stupid as **** since he scorned shinobi as well, he can easly become black king and do what he did at the same capacity.
    he needs less chest hair and more braincells imo

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Should he? the agents of Xeno could use the skin of Domino to be detected as mutants.
    But that’d be the point. It’s been done. Xavier had something hidden inside him. The folks on Krakoa supposedly learned from that.

shaw kinda stupid as **** since he scorned shinobi as well, he can easly become black king and do what he did at the same capacity.
    he needs less chest hair and more braincells imo
    Chest hair game is strong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    But that’d be the point. It’s been done. Xavier had something hidden inside him. The folks on Krakoa supposedly learned from that.
    Pym tech is supposedly better than what Xeno had. If he shrinks at the size of an Atom I doubt anyone could detect him, not with a simple scan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Chest hair game is strong tho.
    ngl if his villainous tendencies were more on the grey, **** humans and elevate mutants, or just not as utterly selfish and anoying, he'd be too hawt to not stan.
    hes hot still, but a chew and spit, not becoming a villain with the marital plan.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-23-2020 at 04:59 AM.

ngl if his villainous tendencies were more on the grey, **** humans and elevate mutants, or just not as utterly selfish and anoying, he'd be too hawt to not stan.
    hes hot still, but a chew and spit, not becoming a villain with him marital plan.
    I chuckled at this definition. Someone should have told Emma this when she joined the Club.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It does not.

The direct quote is: "Between you and me, they can't resurrect the Red Queen, and I surmise that's why Iceman won't join your crew. He's too busy safeguarding some feeble half-mutant girl."

To me this planted the seed for Christian's conversation with Iceman. It doesn't necessarily even suggest Shaw is talking about actually killing Kitty with Christian (Christian could have easily just said, "I wish Iceman would join my crew" right before it), much less that Christian has done anything to help.

It gives motive to support the idea of Christian being involved, but hasn't committed to going that direction; I think that is Shaw manipulating the situation.

I'm way over invested in this. hahaha.
    What? You quoted the direct lines where Sebastian tells Christian that the council won't be able to resurrect Kate and you're telling me that Christian didn't know that meant she was gonna get killed? Christian KNEW his acting would result in Sebastian somehow killing her. Not sure why his fans are totally ignoring that. He knew.

And I love him for it. Hope Kate stays dead for a few issues to let others shine at least.

Iconic! I want this to happen now! Then while everyone is shocked they can ask "Did you do that for Kate"? And then its revealed Emma didn't even know about that yet, Shaw was just getting on her nerves.

It'll be so lam if they can just easily resurrect her since it'll be anticlimactic considering all the buildup of her maybe not being fully mutant (hence Krakoa not letting her in). Obvs, she will survive/be brought back but I hope it's just as surprising as her "death" ion this issue.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-23-2020 at 05:02 AM.