Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All things considered Shaw didn't technically break a single law of Krakoa can they even punish him?
    Using Krakoa seeds to kill Kitty is probably breaking the "respect this land" rule

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

His attempt to undermine the HTC and direct and indirect attacks against two sitting members of the Quiet Council are attacks against the Krakoan Society. And are/should be punishable to the highest extent of Krakoan Law.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not to mention attacks that jeopardized the lives of mutant children. Plus it's been said that there are many laws on Krakoa and that the main three got highlighted.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Meh I guess..... Rogue killed Apocalypse with no consequences and they just brought him back no big deal. Kate's not even technically a Krakoan citizen I literally would not be shocked if they let this **** slide. It was always a risk/to be expected allying with X enemies.

Meh I guess..... Rogue killed Apocalypse with no consequences and they just brought him back no big deal. Kate's not even technically a Krakoan citizen I literally would not be shocked if they let this **** slide. It was always a risk/to be expected allying with X enemies.
    Rogue was a case of Apocalypse doing suicide-by-mutant. Context matters. And if just because villains gonna villain doesn't mean Xavier just shrugs it off -- remember Sabretooth. If Shaw didn't expect consequences, he wouldn't bother with all the skulduggery, he'd just have Emma taken out next time she set foot off the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Rogue was a case of Apocalypse doing suicide-by-mutant. Context matters.
    Yeah he could have easily pushed her off him but instead he had a death orgasm. He probably likes being choked and his safe word is "fittest".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Shaw is a libertine, an egotist, and pragmatist. He's your ******* seemingly conservative boss who never lets you finish a sentence, puts profit ahead of everything, and treats other human beings as objects. He's a scion of one percenter power who never lets you forget that he's class and you're trash, and his idea of politics is having his fash security forces power hose the help out of the factory at the end of the working day. You hate him because he thinks he's better than you. But you still want him to **** your brains out, because Daddy is alpha. No talking back.
    Nah. Shaw is gross

I didn't saw anyone defending him. When Emma is on one side and Shaw on other, I just want to get the innocent out of the fight but the two can kill each other

You know, say what you will about Shaw but he played this game beautifully.
    I mean he played Frost and Kitty like a fine violin, I did not see him getting Frost's brother to play ball nor the fact that Shinobi is actually innocent in this. And as much as I hate to say it, it's not like he was not driven to do this because Frost and Pryde thought they could play him and get away from it with no consequence, so this is going to be quite the reality check for them when the dust settles and frankly, I wonder if during the course of this we figure out not only if Kitty can be brought back, but also remember and finally why she couldn't use the gates as well as

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    His attempt to undermine the HTC and direct and indirect attacks against two sitting members of the Quiet Council are attacks against the Krakoan Society. And are/should be punishable to the highest extent of Krakoan Law.
    That being going into the pit with Sabertooth, but if that happens i feel that it will be a bad thing because somehow i get the feel that they will get out and unleash Hell.

I cannot wait for Caselli to work his magic on this title. The art team just isn't as polished for what Duggan is delivering here.

Can someone explain to me why Kate couldn't phase through the vines? I know she can't walk through portals but I don't recall her powers not working. Unless I missed something I don't think anyone was using one of the suits power dampeners either. This issue left me feeling a bit confused. Also someone better scoop up Lockheed asap.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

My only guess is that the vine itself has the ability to dampen a mutant's powers. After all Krakoa wasn't always a safe haven for mutants and would have some plants on it that were dangerous.

I have always thought that her inability to use the gate was due to her mutation itself more so than her not being a mutant. Katherine's power is all about altering her cellular density so she can walk through solid objects. Perhaps she has some safe guard that prevents her body from being broken down to a molecular level and rematerialized if that is how the portal teleports those who walk through.

Interesting theory, but Shinobi has the same ability and no problem with the gates. Their powers aren't exactly the same, though, so maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Kate couldn't phase through the vines? I know she can't walk through portals but I don't recall her powers not working. Unless I missed something I don't think anyone was using one of the suits power dampeners either. This issue left me feeling a bit confused. Also someone better scoop up Lockheed asap.
    I think it's just the way her powers react to Krakoa. The logic might be questionable but it's something like "she can't go through the gates -> she can't phase through anything Krakoa)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

All things considered Shaw didn't technically break a single law of Krakoa can they even punish him?
    Easy. Bring him before the Kangaroo Court, pissed he killed Kate, and make a law then & there not to attack loyal Krakoan mutants.

Law broken. Into Solitary Confinement he goes. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-24-2020 at 02:16 AM.