Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Dixon and Dini are the two best "down the middle" guys, who were both inventive but always colored inside the lines.
    I'd add Beau Smith to that list.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Chuck Dixon has written some of my favourite runs in comics.

Guy Gardner
    Green Arrow
    Robin
    Nightwing
    Birds of Prey

Love his stuff.
    What happened to Chuck Dixon? Did he burn out or did he leave DC Comics for another company? Haven't seen anything by him in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    What happened to Chuck Dixon? Did he burn out or did he leave DC Comics for another company? Haven't seen anything by him in awhile.
    He has done some work for DC (and several indies) post-2015, but it seems his conservatism and homophobia got worse and he got involved with Vox Day, one of the leaders of the Internet alt-right (i.e. neofascist, white supremacist, racist, and misogynistic) cultural movement in the mid-2010s. Dixon's Wikipedia page seems reasonably up to date with his career.

In any case, getting involved with Vox Day does no favour to anyone's career as a writer.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    He has done some work for DC (and several indies) post-2015, but it seems his conservatism and homophobia got worse and he got involved with Vox Day, one of the leaders of the Internet alt-right (i.e. neofascist, white supremacist, racist, and misogynistic) cultural movement in the mid-2010s. Dixon's Wikipedia page seems reasonably up to date with his career.

In any case, getting involved with Vox Day does no favour to anyone's career as a writer.
    Yeah it's a shame he ended up going that way.

A bunch of people has set up to create a series of short fan films based on the classic Birds of Prey of Oracle and Black Canary. Five films so far. As fan film production value goes, it looks very nice.

(Link goes to the first film. They have released five films so far.)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I was just singing Dixon's praises on the Batman board in the Post-Crisis / Pre-52 Appreciation Thread and in fact I just read this comic too, I'm doing a read through of the BOP series now.

Dixon should be in the elite class of all-time Bat-Verse writers. I think he was best of his era.
    Dixon is in that elite class, in fact the Dixon Dock was named after him (if I'm not wrong); like it happened for every great Batman creators.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    He started to work for the Italian publisher Sergio Bonelli Editore (I must buy that story) and he wrote the graphic novel: "The expendables go to hell" with Sylvester Stallone.

Astonishing Member

The oracle period of birds of prey is probably my favourite DC book in a tie with the JLI

Utterly brilliant