Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Men 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    I can assure you, no where in hox/pox does it say why professor x is walking.
    Well you are right about that. I've actually asked this question on the board myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Well you are right about that. I've actually asked this question on the board myself.
    Friends, does anyone have a straightforward answer on this? Because from what I recall, Xavier took over (borrowed?) Fantomex's body in Soule's Astonishing. Xavier had been dead but the makeshift team rescued him from the Shadow King who had him prisoner in the astral plane. Long story short, Fantomex agreed to stay in the plane bodiless and let Xavier have his body. Now, I believe that's the last we saw of Charles (along with the annual where he met up with the O5 - Scott).

He was absent for a bit then reappeared in HoX looking like Xavier of old. Between now and then not sure what happened. Maybe he was the first test subject of the Five and returned with his old but repaired body.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Xavier was walking long before Scott killed him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Friends, does anyone have a straightforward answer on this? Because from what I recall, Xavier took over (borrowed?) Fantomex's body in Soule's Astonishing. Xavier had been dead but the makeshift team rescued him from the Shadow King who had him prisoner in the astral plane. Long story short, Fantomex agreed to stay in the plane bodiless and let Xavier have his body. Now, I believe that's the last we saw of Charles (along with the annual where he met up with the O5 - Scott).

He was absent for a bit then reappeared in HoX looking like Xavier of old. Between now and then not sure what happened. Maybe he was the first test subject of the Five and returned with his old but repaired body.
    Yeah I always assumed this is what happened. But at the same time I wonder how/when did he make a backup of himself in Cerebro?

Is the black and white pages with the funny codes like this "[ kra ] [ koa] " meant to be what it is like inside the latest Cerebro? - It's the language they created as the "official" mutant language of the Nation of Krakoa. Everyone gets it downloaded into their brain as part of their welcome package to the island.

Will Sabretooth ever come back? I like that mutant. He's a "good" bad guy. - You know how it is... people never stay "dead" for too long

Krakoa falls in 30 years, so why are they writing that story now? In fact, why not totally change the story since we know that even in X4 (thousand years) mutantdom fails anyways? So Moira has had 10 lives. The implications of HOX/POX is that the entire Marvel Universe as we know it today and have read it for the last 80+ years is Moira's Life 10. So no, we don't know how things will fall in this timeline. The House of X issues were modern day information of what's going on today now that Krakoa was formed. Powers Of X was a trip through Moira's other lives and WHY things are like they are today. Remember, this is not time travel. It's not alternative dimensions. When Moira dies, everything starts all over again like it never happened. So the Librarian stuff and the Fall of Krakoa, etc has not happened in Life 10 and is what they are working to prevent from occurring in this life.

There's still two missing seats on the council. Has the White Queen announced the Red Queen yet? Who did the other one belong to but is gone and where? Go read Mauraders!

What was with the green Magneto? I didn't catch it. Is the tree guy in they same picture of four mutants Groot? Just a costume choice. Same as "old skool Jean." No explanation other than perhaps a statement of newness. No, not Groot. You're either seeing Black Tom Cassidy or Krakoa's "face." Not sure which panel you're talking about.

If mutants came from humans, how can Apocalypse, and Krakoa (I forget the name of the original before it split) be in the beginning before humans? They aren't humans any more than birds are dinosaurs. It's evolution.

I didn't really understand Moira Life 6. Can someone explain that better? She didn't die in Life 9, did she? Life Six is the life where the Librarian exists. This was kept pretty much secret until the last issue, which is likely why you are a bit confused. When you read these books as it came out it was like a twisting mystery and the revelation was something we had all been waiting for. Yes, she's dead in all nine lives, which is why we're in life 10 today. The lives do not exist concurrently.

Is the Librarian a mutant? No, he/she is a Post Human. Per the wiki on Moira:

Life 6 In her sixth life, Moira discovers the true threat to mutants are not Sentinels or Humanity, but ironically, Time itself. It turns out that while mutants are the natural evolution response to Humans, they will not be the next evolutionary step for Them, and they never will be because Humans will render evolution obsolete by changing its environment around its needs, rather than adapting to that same environment. Humans will use technology to extend their life and when they reach an evolutionary stagnation, they will overtime integrate themselves with it, creating in the process a genetically engineered new species, the pinnacle of humanity without natural evolution, the Post-Humans (Homo novissima), blue-hued human-machine hybrids that will rule the Earth and bring mutants nearly to extinction, one thousand years in the future. The last surviving mutants are kept captive in preserve areas, as a diversionary tactic to keep them from interfering with the process of breeding something far beyond human or mutant. Moira and Wolverine are among them because they were able to survive on each other's blood. One of the Post-Humans, the Librarian, comes to them and reveal how they'll achieve Godhood. Due to the Post-Humans techo-organic nature, it allows them to be more readily absorbed by the Phalanx in a process known as Ascension and join the physical form of the Phalanx, and the hive mind of the Dominion system to artificially force their evolution into higher beings once again, gaining in the process control over time and space. The Librarian intends to send Moira and Wolverine to another planet to prevent Moira from dying and use her knowledge against them in her resurrection. However, the Librarian underestimated Wolverine who manages to kill him and afterwards, with Moira's consent, kills her too.

Who is the most powerful mutant now? Arguably Moira, but Hickman (the writer) defined the meaning of Omega Level Mutant in the series for the first time as The most power being of that particular power set with no equal and lists who each are within the data pages.
    https://media.comicbook.com/2019/10/...s-1193411.jpeg

Traditionally it's been humans vs. good mutants vs. bad mutants. Now it's humans vs. mutants. Even though we know mutants lose, how do you think this new story line will be? Seems a little odd not having powerful bad mutants. That was always part of the fun/fascination for me.
    We don't know that mutants lose. We haven't lived Life 10 through it's completion. Bad mutants will always find ways to be bad. Continue reading with Mauraders, New Mutants, Fallen Angels, Excalibur and most importantly X-Force to see the directions they have been taking this "problem."
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 01-31-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Xavier was walking long before Scott killed him.
    This is true, so much so that I don’t even know the issue where it was a permanent thing. It’s been a thing for years, right?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

It may be worth mentioning that I'm only reading X-Men and New Mutants. That may be why I'm missing some info.

Thanks for your guys help!

In HoX/PoX who is the red spikey female mutant that tells Jean Gray to go without her?

I figured out the two missing seats were professor x (he was killed then brought back) but I still don't know if the white queen has announced the red queen in anything.

Cyclops and Gorgon gets to kill humans even though it's against the law, so will the council enforce it like with Sabretooth?

Has the punctuation of krakoan language been explained? Like at the end of the comicbooks it says "next" but with other symbols around it. I assume this is punctuation.

Where are the Five currently?

Are Summoners mutants?

What does it mean to be Post Human?

It may be worth mentioning that I'm only reading X-Men and New Mutants. That may be why I'm missing some info.

Thanks for your guys help!

In HoX/PoX who is the red spikey female mutant that tells Jean Gray to go without her?
    That's Monet St. Croix, Penance, formerly known as M. She was a student in Generation X but graduated up many years ago. Outstanding character.

I figured out the two missing seats were professor x (he was killed then brought back) but I still don't know if the white queen has announced the red queen in anything.
    Yes, Kate/Kitty Pryde is the Red Queen and the whole Hellfire squad can be found in Marauders.

Cyclops and Gorgon gets to kill humans even though it's against the law, so will the council enforce it like with Sabretooth?
    I don't believe they killed them. Gorgon mentions something like about wanting them to remember what happened on that day.
    EDIT: "I know now it's better that you live. Like this. With the shame of what you are. Embrace this mercy, human. And never test my kind again".

Has the punctuation of krakoan language been explained? Like at the end of the comicbooks it says "next" but with other symbols around it. I assume this is punctuation.
    Not sure but another poster should be able to confirm. You should also be able to find the Krakoa language key online.

We see them here and there because they're busy resurrecting peeps, but they'll be featured in the upcoming X-Factor.

Are Summoners mutants?
    We don't know much about the Summoners as they were introduced in X-Men #2. But the one featured is the child of •-[A]-•'s horseman, War.

What does it mean to be Post Human?
    I'll let someone else field this one because they can probably describe them better than me. In a sense they are humanity's answer to mutants, super-humans often with enhanced abilities/skills/weapons.

Also I would recommend picking up X-Force if you're into more "heavy" books with a good dose of violence. The "Kill No Human" law is debatable in self-defense as the council mentioned, and that book's team surely colors outside the lines. For many on here it's the best book out of DoX.
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We see them here and there because they're busy resurrecting peeps, but they'll be featured in the upcoming X-Factor.

Also I would recommend picking up X-Force if you're into more "heavy" books with a good dose of violence. The "Kill No Human" law is debatable in self-defense as the council mentioned, and that book's team surely colors outside the lines. For many on here it's the best book out of DoX.
    Whoa whoa.

X-Factor is coming back? When?

Before BoA, "Cable and X-Force" kinda turned me off from reading anything X-Force.
    Last edited by TedderX; 01-31-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    Whoa whoa.

X-Factor is coming back? When?

Yup yup!

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams

April. It's focusing on the resurrections and it's gonna be sweet.

Benjamin Percy and team are rockin' it on X-Force. Every single issue has been super strong.