Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Job

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Assassin...
    Same, but a Clown Assassin!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    you guys are funny.
    You mean like funny, "Ha-Ha"? Or you guys are seriously strange AF funny?

Astonishing Member

I always wanted to be a wrestler in WWF, but I wasn't heavy enough, even with all these muscles. Today I could compete, because the times of the real Hughe monsters are over, and more and more lightweights can win championships (see Seth Rollins or many other)

But today...I am too old for that.

So, being an astronaut must do it...

Traffic Warden. I would exceed my daily target for issuing fines.

Boisterously Confused

I would love to perfect a 1G-continual propulsion engine that would make interstellar travel feasible, and pilot the first human expedition to Mars and back, and then to Alpha Centuri and back.

Less far outside my actual range of capabilities, I'd like to write a series of related historical fiction novels set in WWII that I've had in mind for some time. I don't know if I'll ever get to that. Even if I did before I retire, I don't know whether I'd want to give up the career I now have and love, or go the fame and fab route of a celebrity author (assuming the idea I've got doesn't stink like freshly laid poo).

Today, I would like to be a writer for a sci-fi inspired/bondage-horror, sassy, puppet sitcom. Think Futurama meets Hellraiser but with puppets.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Novelist, because novels are as close as we are going to get to a non collaborative story telling medium.

I was a bouncer for a couple of years, and that job was ideal at the time. My days were free, and I spent my nights at a bar, w. some really fun ppl for the most part. And that guy that always shows up to ruin everyone’s good time at a social gathering you wish someone would get rid of? I got to get rid of him.

Nowadays though, I’d say working at a comic shop or bookstore would be ideal. Nothing’s really stopping me from looking for work in those areas, but I’m actually retired, and not hurting for money at all, so I kinda get to be like Kramer on Seinfeld and just do whatever, and be that kooky guy who’s always available to help or more likely hinder someone else’s shenanigans which is pretty ideal in its own right.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Novelist, because novels are as close as we are going to get to a non collaborative story telling medium.
    I've got a friend that's published a couple. Turns out the editor winds up with a good bit of say unless you self-publish.

My ideal job would have been a Scientist or Engineer, though lately, I've wistfully thought of being an Investigative Journalist. I didn't quite work out, but what I'm doing is close enough.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

My dream is to be a chef.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

A writer, because I would be able to work from the comfort of my house. Then, if my books have gotten popular, I'd be open to book tours to meet readers who are a fan of my stories and maybe involve in interesting discussions with them.

Scientist, I think… Doing experiments on plants…

My ideal job is doing field work and desk work, being inside and outside… More varied, the better.
    Last edited by Zelena; 07-17-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Billionaire playboy. No, I don't feel the need to dress like a Bat and beat up stoolies in filthy alleys at night, I'm good not doing that. Just the billionaire playboy part. Going to parties with supermodels is hard work!

I was watching a special for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Someone has to brush the sand off all over the models before each photo. I want that job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!