Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's funny how Children of the Atom, a comic whose audience target are teenagers, makes adults behave like kids.
    I said elsewhere some people are coming across as saltier than Lot's wife.

The book might suck. But we have confirmation on what always sucks, and makes otherwise good writers phone in steaming piles of garbage, and that's forcing an unwanted cast upon them. Hopeless and Bunn each wrote the worst Cyclops (and X-23 was just as bad) I have seen outside of anti-fan hatewank fics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I said elsewhere some people are coming across as saltier than Lot's wife.

The book might suck. But we have confirmation on what always sucks, and makes otherwise good writers phone in steaming piles of garbage, and that's forcing an unwanted cast upon them. Hopeless and Bunn each wrote the worst Cyclops (and X-23 was just as bad) I have seen outside of anti-fan hatewank fics.
    Hatewank. My new word. *hat tip*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

okay so..April's gonna slap

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's funny how Children of the Atom, a comic whose audience target are teenagers, makes adults behave like kids.
    The idea that it will flop due to the seven New X-Men fans clinging on the their ZZZ-list faves is pure comedy.

BANNED

its gonna flop because the characthers look visualy uninteresting, the writer is a no one, sidekicks are a tired idea, and teen books in marvel constantly fail.
    instead of breaking the cycle of adding more wallpapper for the sake of it, by giving the existing characthers a fair and consistent shot to build their fanbase, nah lets just create oc's.
    this dance has been danced consistently, but I guess its difrent this time for some reason

Prisoner X was probably the most well-received title of Age of X-Man and Livewire & The Wilds are both amazing books with cool concepts. But at this point the nasty hatred is only making me more excited for the book.

BANNED

thats good, I hope you enjoy the magnificent 12 issue storyline they get before meeting the wall.

They’re already being incorporated into Hickman’s however-long narrative so I’ll enjoy reading about them for years to come.

I'm kinda hoping it's a grand slam out of the park at this point. X-Force's initial announcement reception was lukewarm and here I am drooling over every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Prisoner X was probably the most well-received title of Age of X-Man and Livewire & The Wilds are both amazing books with cool concepts. But at this point the nasty hatred is only making me more excited for the book.
    Livewire is honestly great. Only bugger for me is the new artist on the series. If she handles these young characters like she did there, then I'm totally in.

BANNED

They’re already being incorporated into Hickman’s however-long narrative so I’ll enjoy reading about them for years to come.
    no amount of narrative incorporation stops flopage, but i guess being wallpapper to hickman is better than bendis or guggenheim
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

“We really need more diversity in the X-books!”

*CotA gets announced*

“I have to conscientiously boycot this book because it’s disrespectful towards the New X-Men, a series that was cancelled 12 years ago”

BANNED

because the new x-men team that is consistently ignored and delegated to background is lacking in diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its gonna flop because the characthers look visualy uninteresting, the writer is a no one, sidekicks are a tired idea, and teen books in marvel constantly fail.
    instead of breaking the cycle of adding more wallpapper for the sake of it, by giving the existing characthers a fair and consistent shot to build their fanbase, nah lets just create oc's.
    this dance has been danced consistently, but I guess its difrent this time for some reason
    Now I don't have any optimism from this book but I do disagree that sidekicks are a tired idea and that teen books constantly fail. We get ones that do great, editorial just tends to screw them over. And then try to replace them with inferior stand ins, only to blame fans when the new stuff is bad.

The only nasty hatred I've seen has been from people
    A. Insulting anyone who isn't thrilled about this book
    and
    B. People hoping it does well out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The only nasty hatred I've seen has been from people
    A. Insulting anyone who isn't thrilled about this book
    and
    B. People hoping it does well out of spite.
    It doesn't bother me personally but the book has been trashed to pieces both here and in the COTA thread.

Edit: And the Upcoming X-books art teases. Never quite seen anything like it.
    Last edited by JB; 01-24-2020 at 04:39 PM.