Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s literally how the Young Avengers got started.
    Them deliberately emulating them was part of the plot line, but was that really how they marketed it? (I genuinely asking, I wasn't collecting back then.)

P.S. Irregardless, still a bad move, creating an upward battle for interest.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-23-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Mama about to beat up Putin lmao
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    To many the X-men have always been allegorical for somebody's politics and this history alone is enough to justify even the most heavy-handed messaging.. So it wouldn't surprise me if Excalibur is be is used now for a more personal agenda. How better to mock the British for their choices then by having the enlightened mutants set fire to London?
    I'm not sure that just because Krakoa is having problems with Britain that means the writer is trying to project her opinions on the politics of Brexit. That seems to be a stretch when you consider how there's clearly been tension (if unspoken) surrounding which nation will be the defender of Otherworld and have control of its magical resources. It's not without its political allegories, touching on themes of colonialism (both mutant and human), but it doesn't seem even loosely related to the question of whether or not Britain should stay in the EU. I'm sure if one thought hard enough they could make some sort of connection but it seems that at face value this is more a matter of interdimensional interests than commentary on inter-European politics.

Not every criticism or conflict with Britain in comics has to be grounded in opposition to Brexit. We've seen multiple nations such as Brazil and Russia come into conflict with Krakoa and I'm not necessarily convinced it's done with the intention of complaining about their real life politics. It's about having a bench of geopolitical rivals for what is ultimately a fictional, fantastical nation in the fictional, fantastical world of comics. I frankly don't think it's that deep.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.

X–MEN #10
    HELLIONS #2
    X–MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (of 4)
    X–FORCE #10
    MARAUDERS #10... but only for the Stefano Casseli art and the power-dampener story.
    NEW MUTANTS #10... depending on the cast and how the art turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

x-men, new mutants, excalibur, x-force, x-factor , x+4 and maybe wolvie.

BANNED

With the passing of each month, God smiles, for he knows his children keep Persephone, and all plotlines related to her, from being used in the Wolverine book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    With the passing of each month, God smiles, for he knows his children keep Persephone, and all plotlines related to her, from being used in the Wolverine book.
    ngl i want wolvies blonde magical daughter to return ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the young avengers were the first, not the freaking fifth generation of mutants, i hope the book flops miserably to stop any future pitches of new teen mutants.
    Was there a group of young X-teens whose appearance and powers were eerily similar to the X-adults they mirrored? No? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Them deliberately emulating them was part of the plot line, but was that really how they marketed it? (I genuinely asking, I wasn't collecting back then.)

P.S. Irregardless, still a bad move, creating an upward battle for interest.
    Yes. Almost exactly like that. Kate to Hawkeye, Patriot to Captain America, Wiccan looked like Thor, Stature to Giant-Man, and Hulkling to Hulk. And it clearly worked considering they’re getting introduced into the MCU and are in many forms of media.

BANNED

all of those characthers had a level of independency as a solo, it doesnt work for the x-men who are always pushed as an unit unless you are wolverine, it doesnt matter if its similar these are still yet another batch of teen mutants without a single shred of originality.
    its a dead on arival concept, and it simply adds to the problem of teen mutants in limbo or wallpapper.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-23-2020 at 04:46 PM.

X-Men #10
    X-Force #10
    Wolverine #3
    Giant Size X-Men: Nightcrawler #1
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

all of those characthers had a level of independency as a solo, it doesnt work for the x-men who are always pushed as an unit unless you are wolverine, it doesnt matter if its similar these are still yet another batch of teen mutants without a single shred of originality.
    its a dead on arival concept, and it simply adds to the problem of teen mutants in limbo or wallpapper.
    Whether the Avengers has solos or not didn’t affect them. The YA based themselves after the “Avengers” brand and the “dressing as established heroes” brand. You know literally nothing about them and most of this criticism wouldn’t happen if there was a New X-Men title, something Vita has no control over.

the young avengers were the first, not the freaking fifth generation of mutants, i hope the book flops miserably to stop any future pitches of new teen mutants.
    tbf the New Warriors predate the Young Avengers

BANNED

most of this criticism wouldn’t happen if there was a New X-Men title
    That's because people actually WANT a New X-Men title, not more new X-Teens that will be relevant for maybe a year before being used to wallpaper another room in the X-Mansion.

BANNED

Whether the Avengers has solos or not didn’t affect them. The YA based themselves after the “Avengers” brand and the “dressing as established heroes” brand. You know literally nothing about them and most of this criticism wouldn’t happen if there was a New X-Men title, something Vita has no control over.
    the criticisms quite frankly would still apply because the very concept is redudant, and i know vita pitched their pitch and they decided for this, and the last thing anyone needs is new teen mutants.

the criticisms quite frankly would still apply because the very concept is redudant, and i know vita pitched their pitch and they decided for this, and the last thing anyone needs is new teen mutants.
    New characters is also something I’m against. But I’m not saying it’s either dead on arrival or redundant because I quite frankly don’t know anything about the book. They could be Chimeras, humans using mutant technology, regular mutants with tech added, idk but I’m at least interested to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's because people actually WANT a New X-Men title, not more new X-Teens that will be relevant for maybe a year before being used to wallpaper another room in the X-Mansion.
    Prodigy and Elixir are in titles. Dust is in a title. X-23 and Bling! are in a mini wrapping up, with the former most likely joining a new title soon. Stepford Cuckoos, Armor, and Pixie appearing in Cable and New Mutants. The New X-Men arenaround and interwoven into the greate mutant universe. That’s far more important than them having a book again. Not to mention they’re obscure to anyone who’s not a huge fan of the series.