Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default X-men solicitations April 2020

    X–MEN #10
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • Leinil Francis Yu (A/C)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Brown
    EMPYRE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONFRONTATION VARIANT BY PATCH ZIRCHER

    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    The Summers family has grown a Krakoan home on the moon. Now some new neighbors have moved in.

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99




    CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #1
    VITA AYALA (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • Cover by R.B. SILVA
    Hidden Gem Variant by JIM LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    VARIANT COVER BY BERNARD CHANG
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TOM MULLER

    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?!

    Now! Don’t miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They’ve learned from the best, now they’re ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!

    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99


    X-FACTOR
    LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • DAVID BALDEÓN (A) • Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    VARIANT COVER BY OTTO SCHMIDT
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    VARIANT COVER BY David Baldeon
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TOM MULLER
    YELLOW VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

    MUTANTS HAVE CONQUERED DEATH!

    By the grace of The Five, the resurrection protocols can bring back any fallen mutant. But such a huge enterprise isn’t without its problems and complications… When a mutant dies, X–Factor is there to investigate how and why to keep the rules of reincarnation. Writer Leah Williams (AMAZING MARY JANE, X–TREMISTS) and artist David Baldeón (DOMINO, WEB WARRIORS) take Northstar, Polaris, Prodigy, Eye-boy, Daken and Prestige into the world of murder and missing persons…

    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

  2. #2
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default


    HELLIONS #2
    ZEB WELLS (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

    THE DOMINANT SPECIES?

    The Hellions can barely keep from killing one another, let alone find a way to fit into Krakoan society. Of course, that might be just what Mister Sinister is counting on when he sends them to clean up his messes.

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    CABLE #2
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Ariel Olivetti
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY DAVID YARDIN

    LOVE AND VIOLENCE!

    When mutant babies are going missing, Cable takes it personally. Almost as personally as his love life...
    It’s not easy dating five girls, even if they are clones.

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99




    X–MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (of 4)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS
    FLOWER Variant Cover by MEGHAN HETRICK
    Variant Cover by CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

    The exciting finale! On an island of doom, the X–Men and Fantastic Four fight to save the future! Lines will be drawn in the sand and enemies will be made, upending the Marvel Universe!

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-23-2020 at 11:43 AM.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Alex.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Ariel Olivetti
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY DAVID YARDIN
    I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand it's nice that apparently the Cuckoos are going to be a regular part of a book, specially with such an amazing artist. On the other, I'm not really happy about with the idea of them being used as a harem for Kable. Of course there's a chance that he's only dating one, but I'm not quite convinced of that yet. One can hope, I guess.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand it's nice that apparently the Cuckoos are going to be a regular part of a book, specially with such an amazing artist. On the other, I'm not really happy about with the idea of them being used as a harem for Kable. Of course there's a chance that he's only dating one, but I'm not quite convinced of that yet. One can hope, I guess.
    I don't think they will be his harem, it will just be used as a gag. He's dating one but the other clones get into their date too etc.etc.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think they will be his harem, it will just be used as a gag. He's dating one but the other clones get into their date too etc.etc.
    Maybe he can never enjoy the date because she is always in a telepathic phone call with one if the other sisters.


    Or he gets creeped out by learning that the others are always watching. Even during 'those' moments.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe he can never enjoy the date because she is always in a telepathic phone call with one if the other sisters.


    Or he gets creeped out by learning that the others are always watching. Even during 'those' moments.
    This version of Cable would probably enjoy it rather than being creeped out.

  7. #7
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default


    XCALIBUR #10
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

    LONDON IS BURNING!

    Captain Britain is faced with her hardest decision yet as Britain goes to war with Krakoa. Can Excalibur survive being torn between two worlds?

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    NEW MUTANTS #10
    ED BRISSON (W) • FLAVIANO (A) • Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

    BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH!

    The NEW MUTANTS know it’s tough to adjust to having powers, especially with the new Krakoan paradigm. They’ve been there – and they’re able to help, no matter how weird, wild and dangerous the case may be! ...Right?

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99


    X–FORCE #10
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A) • Cover by Dustin weaver

    THE DEADLY GARDEN!

    As one of the team members struggles with their secrets unraveling, the rest of X–Force has to fight to stay alive long enough to salvage their mission.

    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-23-2020 at 11:44 AM.

  8. #8
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default



    MARAUDERS #10
    Gerry Duggan (W) • Stefano Casseli (A) • Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN

    A SHOW OF POWER!

    The Marauders set their sights on the power-dampening technology that seems to have made its way into far too many hands – most notably, the Russian Army. The Hellfire’s wrath with be swift and harsh.

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    MARVEL #2 (of 6)
    ALEX ROSS, DAN BRERETON, STEVE DARNALL, PAOLO RIVERA & ERIC POWELL (W)
    ALEX ROSS, ERIC POWELL, PAOLO RIVERA & DAN BRERETON (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by DAN BRERETON

    Another artist extravaganza overseen by the master; Alex Ross! In this issue, the X–Men old and new grapple with the swelling of their ranks in a story by Dan Brereton, the Thing, Spider–Man and Doctor Doom contend for the most coveted object on the planet in a tale by Eric Powell, and the Vision pushes himself to the limit in order to save a life in an adventure by Paolo Rivera! All wrapped in a framing sequence painted by Alex and scripted by Steve Darnall!

    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-23-2020 at 11:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Nice to see Ems doing some battling. I hope she does it in the comic too.

    Guess Forge and Storm are going to end all of the power dampening tech. I'm glad they're dealing with the topic.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    XCALIBUR #10
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

    LONDON IS BURNING!

    Captain Britain is faced with her hardest decision yet as Britain goes to war with Krakoa. Can Excalibur survive being torn between two worlds?
    I don't know about this one, destroying London seems very on the nose at the moment. I can't help but see this as a reaction to Brexit. Once again using comics as an ideological punching bag, when the writer is unable to defeat their real-world political opponents.

    Also, I see that X-Men is an Empyre tie-in. May just have to drop it from my pull list in April and resume it later, once all this Empyre nonsense has been flushed through the system.

    I just hope Marauders delivers at least...

  11. #11
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I don't know about this one, destroying London seems very on the nose at the moment. I can't help but see this as a reaction to Brexit. Once again using comics as an ideological punching bag, when the writer is unable to defeat their real-world political opponents.

    Also, I see that X-Men is an Empyre tie-in. May just have to drop it from my pull list in April and resume it later, once all this Empyre nonsense has been flushed through the system.

    I just hope Marauders delivers at least...
    The Mutant Magic/Otherworld/Krakoa stuff has had absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
    Brexit started in June 2016 and will finally come to closure at the end of this month 2020. Tini Howard has only been writing Excalibur since 2019 and this issue #10, is solicited for April 2020.
    So...
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Mutant Magic/Otherworld/Krakoa stuff has had absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
    Brexit started in June 2016 and will finally come to closure at the end of this month 2020. Tini Howard has only been writing Excalibur since 2019 and this issue #10, is solicited for April 2020.
    So...
    To many the X-men have always been allegorical for somebody's politics and this history alone is enough to justify even the most heavy-handed messaging.. So it wouldn't surprise me if Excalibur is be is used now for a more personal agenda. How better to mock the British for their choices then by having the enlightened mutants set fire to London?

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,450

    Default

    the young avengers were the first, not the freaking fifth generation of mutants, i hope the book flops miserably to stop any future pitches of new teen mutants.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    To many the X-men have always been allegorical for somebody's politics and this history alone is enough to justify even the most heavy-handed messaging.. So it wouldn't surprise me if Excalibur is be is used now for a more personal agenda. How better to mock the British for their choices then by having the enlightened mutants set fire to London?
    I'm not sure that just because Krakoa is having problems with Britain that means the writer is trying to project her opinions on the politics of Brexit. That seems to be a stretch when you consider how there's clearly been tension (if unspoken) surrounding which nation will be the defender of Otherworld and have control of its magical resources. It's not without its political allegories, touching on themes of colonialism (both mutant and human), but it doesn't seem even loosely related to the question of whether or not Britain should stay in the EU. I'm sure if one thought hard enough they could make some sort of connection but it seems that at face value this is more a matter of interdimensional interests than commentary on inter-European politics.

    Not every criticism or conflict with Britain in comics has to be grounded in opposition to Brexit. We've seen multiple nations such as Brazil and Russia come into conflict with Krakoa and I'm not necessarily convinced it's done with the intention of complaining about their real life politics. It's about having a bench of geopolitical rivals for what is ultimately a fictional, fantastical nation in the fictional, fantastical world of comics. I frankly don't think it's that deep.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #1
    VITA AYALA (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • Cover by R.B. SILVA
    Hidden Gem Variant by JIM LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    VARIANT COVER BY BERNARD CHANG
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TOM MULLER

    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?!

    Now! Don’t miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They’ve learned from the best, now they’re ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!


    Marvel be like:

    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •