Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hbUUW8bjPM
    couldn’t dream of saying it better myself. I think you touched literally every problem I have with the premature reception this book’s getting.
    we quite literally have received nothing more than a purposefully brief press release and 2 covers.....all the anger stems from pure speculation
    we’re finally getting diversity not only in the books but behind them. this is what we’ve wanted. obviously if the books wank they wank no matter who wrote them; but know that by making the conscious choice to label a book a flop before more than 3 sentences and 2 covers have been unveiled, the message is sent that a range of diverse voices will not sell. don’t give them that chance. judge the work on its quality when you’re actually presented with the work.
    No the mensage is " this is the fifth fucking time you do this and it alwways ends badly, promote what is there and dont create more characthers to flop"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    The tea.

Woe is the plight of the New X-Man fan.

These are the characters Vita wanted to write for the story they wanted to craft. I'm certain if this cast was filled with characters from 'Academy X' they wouldn't be treated as accomplished enough given their experience and now that new characters are in their steed, it is similarly not good enough before we have anything to go on beyond a few blurbs and a couple of variant covers.

I'm respecting Vita's craft, not only as a queer POC X-Men writer (because that is HUGE) but also they've proven themselves on other titles. The New X-Men not getting used has nothing to do with 'CoTA' especially since Prodigy, Bling!, and Eye Boy have already gotten post-grad jobs in other titles.
    the concept alone is terrible, I can and I will make a judgment of the core concept presented in front of me, wich is new mutants as sidekicks, with the knowledge of how this always ends, with this book canceled and the characthers still barely developed, sending yet more 5 pieces of wallpaper to the pile.
    Its a redudant waste of paper that stinks at trying to copy the sucess of kamala khan and miles morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Just put Surge and Hellion in cheap Magneto and Wolverine cosplays and patch them in. This will satisfy all parties. I expect my check in the mail.
    this is the only acceptable way for cosplay to be integrated into the books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    You do realize that no, that's not the message it sends. The message being sent is literally "Stop making all these new teen mutants, we want the ones we keep telling you we want back in their own book. All these new ones just end up wallpaper and its tiring."
    Exactly this. Maybe the storytelling will actually be good, but it's not going to matter, and it's not even about that. It's that we've heard this song before, and know how it's going to end no matter how the book is received.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Exactly this. Maybe the storytelling will actually be good, but it's not going to matter, and it's not even about that. It's that we've heard this song before, and know how it's going to end no matter how the book is received.
    I'm even wary of getting attached to any of these new characters. Even if they're amazing, you're bound to end up seeing them tossed into the same bin as the Lights, Shark Girl, Sprite, Morph, and the rest while Marvel blames the fans then a few months later repeats the cycle all over again.

I'm surprised at this talk of boycot. Iol. Im not gonna read the teen book, but i thought the forum would be for it.

Just shows how much some posters wants a New X-men book.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

If the only acceptable outcome--even going as far to disregard how potentially good this series will be--is for new characters to have as consistent and significant a shelf-life as Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops then...lmao please give up now for all of our sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    If the only acceptable outcome--even going as far to disregard how potentially good this series will be--is for new characters to have as consistent and significant a shelf-life as Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops then...lmao please give up now for all of our sakes.
    Personally I think one, maybe two of the cast will stick around for at least the next relaunch post-Hickman - about the same as other new classes of students. One or two always seem to catch on more than the rest - I give the worst odds to Jean's sidekick based on him having not only the worst design out of the five (in my opinion, anyways), but also that Jean has derivative characters already, mostly in Rachel but there are also a number of telepaths and telekinetics around already. He has the highest hurdles to jump.

Best chance is likely the Archangel guy, especially if he is Timmy from X-Factor grown up (chances go down if he is someone else). Then the Cyclops sidekick, followed by the two others. But that's based on gut feeling more than anything else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I I like the idea of the X-men taking in what could be sidekicks because it opens up new ways to explore the X-men and their impact on the new status being set up. The new characters could give a different view of how the X-men have made a impact and building for more ways for the X-men to develop other avenues of storytelling.

Vita was my favorite writer of the boring Age of X-Man phase. But this title gives me zero excitement.

Nothing about it attracts my attention.

But like they said. They are trying to make a book for everyone. We don't have to buy them all.

And as of now I'm down to X-Men, X-Force, and Marauders. Though i may be dropping them all after the arcs are up.

Probaby just gonna trade them now and stay up to date with the X-Men storylines that Hickman has going on.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

My head hurts looking at that "Children of the Atom" cover. The inside better be good (same with Hellions).
    "Cable was right!"