Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The only nasty hatred I've seen has been from people
    A. Insulting anyone who isn't thrilled about this book
    and
    B. People hoping it does well out of spite.
    Did you not notice people insulting the writer cause they’re mad abo it something completely out of said writer’s control?

NXM fans, myself included, are always talking about how inclusive the extended cast of that generation had always felt. But it still had pitfalls and we’re getting the first ongoing X-Book by a non-binary black writer with a diverse lineup and y’all are pre-judging it and hoping it gets canceled. Just don’t buy the book, why you gotta hatewank all over the title anytime it’s even mentioned?
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-24-2020 at 04:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It doesn't bother me personally but the book has been trashed to pieces both here and in the COTA thread.

Edit: And the Upcoming X-books art teases. Never quite seen anything like it.
    And the Storm appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Did you not notice people insulting the writer cause they’re mad abo it something completely out of said writer’s control?

NXM fans, myself included, are always talking about how inclusive the extended cast of that generation had always felt. But it still had pitfalls and we’re getting the first ongoing X-Book by a non-binary black writer with a diverse lineup and y’all are pre-judging it and hoping it gets canceled. Just don’t buy the book, why you gotta hatewank all over the title anytime it’s even mentioned?
    2020's best word thus far.

I'm all for everyone speaking their opinions but man, we've had writers pop up on these threads before, even Jordan. I'd hate to think Vita saw some of the things being said before the premise and issue #1 have been released. All we know is that these characters are fans of the X-Men. *shrug*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    “We really need more diversity in the X-books!”

*CotA gets announced*

“I have to conscientiously boycot this book because it’s disrespectful towards the New X-Men, a series that was cancelled 12 years ago”
    Since when does diversity mean new characters? I don't think most people who want diversity would disagree with me. Diversity means use existing ones that aren't being used (Monet) or only barely used like Jubilee. DOX is actually doing good when it comes to queer diversity, but it's still sucking at everything else.

Mighty Member

I'm all for everyone speaking their opinions but man, we've had writers pop up on these threads before, even Jordan. I'd hate to think Vita saw some of the things being said before the premise and issue #1 have been released. All we know is that these characters are fans of the X-Men. *shrug*
    Why? Nobody is saying anything bad about them or their writing.

If I got offered to write COTA, I'd instantly say yes even though I'd think it'd be 11 issues at max with sales ending in the 10,000s (if I'm lucky). This book will prob fail but as long as Vita does their best, they will have a good career and much bigger opportunities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because the new x-men team that is consistently ignored and delegated to background is lacking in diversity.
    I really hope that's sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Since when does diversity mean new characters? I don't think most people who want diversity would disagree with me. Diversity means use existing ones that aren't being used (Monet) or only barely used like Jubilee. DOX is actually doing good when it comes to queer diversity, but it's still sucking at everything else.
    There's certainly always room for improvement but as a minority myself, I'm happy to see Synch and Darwin prominently featured on a cover (and hopefully in the issue), Prodigy in the lineup of what seems to be a highly anticipated title, Daken, Rictor, Jubilee, •-[A]-•, Egg is a celebrity right now, Bishop, Storm, MONDO, Armor, 'Berto running thangs, and Trinary having an important Krakoan role. Psylocke the lead in her book, Bling!, Scalphunter.

Didn't someone say Monet was tied up with another book (along with Madrox)? I thought Leah said that, otherwise she would have chosen her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really hope that's sarcasm.
    of course it is sarcasm, with most the new x-men cast being poc its ridiculous to even bring up diversity to promote this new title.

Why? Nobody is saying anything bad about them or their writing.

If I got offered to write COTA, I'd instantly say yes even though I'd think it'd be 11 issues at max with sales ending in the 10,000s (if I'm lucky). This book will prob fail but as long as Vita does their best, they will have a good career and much bigger opportunities.
    Well, Vita was just called a "no one" on the last page. Call me sensitive but I would think that would hurt someone's feelings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    of course it is sarcasm, with most the new x-men cast being poc its ridiculous to even bring up diversity to promote this new title.
    Sorry, I'm just losing track of who's making what arguments in this thread. It's all over the frelling map.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sorry, I'm just losing track of who's making what arguments in this thread. It's all over the frelling map.
    its okay, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

All I've seen is them being called a 'nobody'. I'd certainly disagree with that. I mean they're not "famous" but they're known.

And its not like the people happy about it aren't pre-judging too. And an ongoing X-Book by a non-binary black writer with a diverse lineup is a positive but I wouldn't say that automatically gets the book any kind of pass. And right back at you, why do you have to hatewank over anyone that dislikes the book?

Mighty Member

There's certainly always room for improvement but as a minority myself, I'm happy to see Synch and Darwin prominently featured on a cover (and hopefully in the issue), Prodigy in the lineup of what seems to be a highly anticipated title, Daken, Rictor, Jubilee, •-[A]-•, Egg is a celebrity right now, Bishop, Storm, MONDO, Armor, 'Berto running thangs, and Trinary having an important Krakoan role. Psylocke the lead in her book, Bling!, Scalphunter.

Didn't someone say Monet was tied up with another book (along with Madrox)? I thought Leah said that, otherwise she would have chosen her?
    Ehh, I'm more cynical. Synch and Darwin will be treated great by Hickman but go back into hiding (that rumored book will prob be a Children of The Vault book). The jury is out on Prodigy but who knows. Taken is only being used cause he's a Wolverine. Rictor is a good looking light skinned Latinx queer and I mentioned the only new diversity is queer diversity. Jubilee? Has she even done anything important last 6 issues? Bishop is barely being used and Storm does the only thing she'd done last decade (throw lightning, or submit to Kate). Armor does get a lot of use, so I'll give you that one. Berto is a fave of Hickman so hope for more, but the Avengers writers wrote him much more impressively. He's back to being a cocky young man. Avengers wrote him like a man. Trinary got thrown a bone. Psylocked is mainly being used cause they wanna use sexy thong Psylocke.

Lol, sorry, guess Im just a TAD bit more cynical.

P.S. Apocalypse is being treated great and with respect and I do count him as a minority.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-24-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Y’all didn’t even appreciate Bling! on Fallen Angels and now Prodigy on X-Factor. The diversity in the New X-Men is just performative talking points because if Hellion and X-23 shared a title together, I’m sure a lot of fans wouldn’t be clamoring for wherever Loa or Gentle may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Livewire is honestly great. Only bugger for me is the new artist on the series. If she handles these young characters like she did there, then I'm totally in.
    I desperately need to catch up.

Diversity doesn’t mean new or old characters. It’s about representation and adding new characters to the mix isn’t being “less” diverse.

I’m gonna get a LOT of use out of “hatewank” (wordplay maybe intended)

Ehh, I'm more cynical. Synch and Darwin will be treated great by Hickman but go back into hiding (that rumored book will prob be a Children of The Vault book). The jury is out on Prodigy but who knows. Taken is only being used cause he's a Wolverine. Rictor is a good looking light skinned Latinx queer and I mentioned the only new diversity is queer diversity. Jubilee? Has she even done anything important last 6 issues? Bishop is barely being used and Storm does the only thing she'd done last decade (throw lightning, or submit to Kate). Armor does get a lot of use, so I'll give you that one. Berto is a fave of Hickman so hope for more, but the Avengers writers wrote him much more impressively. He's back to being a cocky young man. Avengers wrote him like a man. Trinary got thrown a bone. Psylocked is mainly being used cause they wanna use sexy thong Psylocke.

Lol, sorry, guess Im just a TAD bit more cynical.

P.S. Apocalypse is being treated great and with respect and I do count him as a minority.
    I hear ya! At the end of the day I think we're seeing more diverse characters than we have in a while and I definitely agree there's room for much improvement (Bishop and Storm, although I love how Storm is written when she's on the council). I'm willing to give them a chance to do right by all these characters and I appreciate them working to bring some to fore.

Argh I forgot about Shinobi!