Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The problem is if Thor had gotten any shots in, Thor would have won. MK isn't in Thors league, at least in a straight fight. The only hope he had to win was to avoid taking shots from Thor.
    Tell that to MK. He acted like Thor was no match for him and didn’t seem worried in the least. He was even a little cocky that he felled a God.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Tell that to MK. He acted like Thor was no match for him and didn’t seem worried in the least. He was even a little cocky that he felled a God.
    It's easy to be cocky when you win without taking a hit. My point being that he probably wouldn't have won if he had taken one.

Again, no disrespect to MK... I'm a fan. But he's not a guy that can take shots from Thor. He won by avoiding that.

You can't make that assumption. As Tracks said in another thread, this is basically the Midnight Massacre with Moon Knight instead of Blade.

Remember when Switch Blade took down Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange and absorbed their powers? Moon Knight just took Iron Fist and Doctor Strange's strength/power. Then he beat Thor.

We'll learn just how powerful Moon Knight is as this arc unfolds, but so far he's been very impressive.
    The J-man

how many of Moon Knight's classical foes are still alive? Morpheus, etc.?

Yeah, the fact that hes using the Mr. Night look alone is a selling point for me. I wasn't sure if that would be used again. Glad it is.
    I feel the Mr. Knight ensemble has become one of his most well known looks. I wouldn't be shocked if we see pretty early on in the Disney+ series.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I feel the Mr. Knight ensemble has become one of his most well known looks. I wouldn't be shocked if we see pretty early on in the Disney+ series.
    I think the Mr. Knight aspect of the characters translates into live action TV pretty well. Easier than his standard persona to be honest.

I don't know who that character was in Avengers #33, but it's not any Moon Knight I've ever read. He was more a walking deus ex ankhina.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've also been reading Avengers by Jason Aaron and his use of Moon Knight in the recent arc and is a giant WHAT IF story to me. Just read #34 last weekend myself.
    From whole cloth he is presenting new things, like Marc being a magic wielder, and using old things in whatever way he thinks fits his story. I mean really....he just stole the Iron Fist. *insert eye roll*
    This arc scream NO CONTINUITY EDITOR EXISTS at Marvel.

About the only thing I wholly approve of his it is Moon Knight in his cape and cowl. The less we see of suited up Mr. Knight the better, in any MK story at any time.

Take into account this would be the second time in recent history that New York has been transformed into some Egyptian desert shrine to Khonshu. If you go with the fact it wasn't "all in his head" a few series back, but anyway moving along.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've also been reading Avengers by Jason Aaron and his use of Moon Knight in the recent arc and is a giant WHAT IF story to me. Just read #34 last weekend myself.
    From whole cloth he is presenting new things, like Marc being a magic wielder, and using old things in whatever way he thinks fits his story. I mean really....he just stole the Iron Fist. *insert eye roll*
    This arc scream NO CONTINUITY EDITOR EXISTS at Marvel.

About the only thing I wholly approve of his it is Moon Knight in his cape and cowl. The less we see of suited up Mr. Knight the better, in any MK story at any time.

Take into account this would be the second time in recent history that New York has been transformed into some Egyptian desert shrine to Khonshu. If you go with the fact it wasn't "all in his head" a few series back, but anyway moving along.
    I've complained about this before....for many reasons.

It's easy to be cocky when you win without taking a hit. My point being that he probably wouldn't have won if he had taken one.

Again, no disrespect to MK... I'm a fan. But he's not a guy that can take shots from Thor. He won by avoiding that.
    True but it is like when cap beats Thor by separating him from his hammer. IIRC he only took shots to the shield which absorbed the blows.
    m

Just wanted to ask if anyone read the latest issue of the Avengers featuring Moon Knight. Right off the bat, I thought it was slightly confusing. The disjointed time segments threw me off a bit. But with Aaron's Avengers anything, you have to reread the past issues to remember stuff.

In any case, I thought the fight between Moon Knight and Black Panther was done well. Just when you think it's over, Marc keeps swinging again. Shows Moon Knight's personality. Yeah, you can kick his ass. But yeah, he doesn't care. He'll just keep attacking you.

Great scene!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just wanted to ask if anyone read the latest issue of the Avengers featuring Moon Knight. Right off the bat, I thought it was slightly confusing. The disjointed time segments threw me off a bit. But with Aaron's Avengers anything, you have to reread the past issues to remember stuff.

In any case, I thought the fight between Moon Knight and Black Panther was done well. Just when you think it's over, Marc keeps swinging again. Shows Moon Knight's personality. Yeah, you can kick his ass. But yeah, he doesn't care. He'll just keep attacking you.

Great scene!
    I was happy with the figh. Firstly because it was so long ... that's rare these days.

And despite losing a fight he was outclassed in due to BPs gear, he showed a lot of toughness. He didn't quit. And in the end he does achieve his goal. That ending was definitely a surprise.

so is Moon Knight back to his original powers now? I know there are shenanigans going on with all the stolen powers and abilities, but over the years I pegged him in that Daredevil stat range.

Cap and BP are in that beyond human range but below mid-tier range. Heck with stat drift and some MCU lovin they are basically portrayed as slightly below spider-man range.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so is Moon Knight back to his original powers now? I know there are shenanigans going on with all the stolen powers and abilities, but over the years I pegged him in that Daredevil stat range.

Cap and BP are in that beyond human range but below mid-tier range. Heck with stat drift and some MCU lovin they are basically portrayed as slightly below spider-man range.
    I believe he lost his meta human powers by the start of the Charlie Hudson run. He's basically a Daredevil stat wise ... though probably not quite as fast or as agile. Though all the street level guys up to Spiderman can generally hang with each other in fights. Even though realistically Peter should be able to kill most of the street level guys with his pinky.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Two actors reportedly up for the part in the MCU: Daveed Diggs and Nick Kroll.

https://t.co/sDSfhVURTW?amp=1