Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Moon Knight Appreciation 2020

With a new Disney+ Series in the works and fresh off an apperance in Conan Serpent War, the Moon Knight returns!

NOTE: This thread is to serve as continuation of the previous "The Watcher of Overnight Travelers: Moon Knight Appreciation" thread, which can be found at
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t-Appreciation

From the previous version (originally created by TheRedBaron back in May of 2014)

MKcollage1.jpg

MKcollage2.jpg

MKcollage3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm waiting on the TPB of Serpent War myself.
    Who read it? Any insight on what it means for Marc?
    I notice he's back to gold accents on the costume. Very retro.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

What stories do you think should influence his Disney+ series?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Definitely Warren Ellis:

Moon Knight #1
    (May, 2014)

Moon Knight #2
    (June, 2014)

Moon Knight #3
    (July, 2014)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-28-2020 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Probably Warren Ellis and/or Charlie Huston.

I definately think the costumes we got in Ellis run are probably the way to go.

I thought rumours said that it would be adapting older stuff, though? With vampires, and werewolves and the like? I'm not sure how trusty those rumours were, because they were old; but could be that they're trying to aim for a monster of the week show with a mood and aesthetics like in Ellis' run, but integrating the oldest stories.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-24-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is the Bemis run a good read? Art aside I wasn't too happy with Ellis. The writers of infinity war expressed interest in MK. Is that where the Disney + started? Take care everybody and save travels

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is the Bemis run a good read? Art aside I wasn't too happy with Ellis. The writers of infinity war expressed interest in MK. Is that where the Disney + started? Take care everybody and save travels
    James Gunn was interested in MK even before them, if I recall correctly. but for movies. That's probably where MK adaptation kickstarted, when they were working in GotG 2.

Bernis run, I don't know. I read the first trade, and wasn't too sold by the story. It was Ok, I guess; but it wasn't good enough to keep my interest.

I think they should start with "The Bottom" by Huston (working the origin story in via flashback) and lead up to the Warren Ellis version after he comes back from being "retired" to full superhero duty for season 2. I would love for this show to be a bit more brutal and gritty than say something like Arrow, where the hero questions his very sanity and takes a certain amount of joy in inflicting violence. I would love to see the faceless Bushwhacker ghost show up, but this is Disney we are talking about so I am not expecting anything too dark.

They seem to be looking for actors under the 30 or in their 30, right? I don't think we will see a Marc in the half of his heroic career. I'm guessing we're going to see Marc as MK, and we will see flashbacks of how he came to be that. But, mmmm, maybe this Marc is going to be in his first years as a vigilante.

I wish we knew more :/.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hoping for an adaptation of Ellis' stuff, with a lot of David Lynch injected in. MK investigating the bizarre and strange crimes that go unnoticed.

Comics wise, is Jason Aaron launching a Moon Knight book?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-27-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope they go full Moench, with some Bill Sienkiewicz style of costuming. Also!!! Stained Glass Scarlet NEEDS to appear in the show. If they use her, and go with his supernatural roots, I’d love to see them go in a vein similar to what Top Cow did with the Magdalena.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hoping for an adaptation of Ellis' stuff, with a lot of David Lynch injected in. MK investigating the bizarre and strange crimes that go unnoticed.
    I'm entirely in favor of a "Mister Knight" series, with occasional ghost punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm waiting on the TPB of Serpent War myself.
    Who read it? Any insight on what it means for Marc?
    I notice he's back to gold accents on the costume. Very retro.
    It’s a little bleh. They’ve given him the ability to walk through walls and see the world the way Khonshu does. It honestly doesn’t feel like it’ll stick past this mini though. It’s giving Wolverine’s “hot claws.”

That said super excited for April and Avengers. Aaron has been doing some fun stuff in that title, imo. I’m pumped to see how he kind of rejuvenates Moonie and hope it leads to a new book.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I’d recommend the Bemis run. Had a bit of a slow start but the overall story was enjoyable and I dug the villains. I think a lot of folks didn’t really enjoy the introduction of the daughter though. But kids in comics is always a touchy subject.