Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see the profile be apart of the shows cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    His father's side is Jewish so I think we're okay.
    Either way, I would argue that Moon Knight is more defined by his violent tendencies, mercenary past, and multiple personality disorder than he is by his Jewish ancestry.

As long as the tv show gets three out of the four elements right, they're doing great.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the show gets filming soon when things are safe. I hope that it emphasizes mystery.

I'm not offended by exploring the psychological issues, but I hope it doesn't have a bunch of constant hallucinations with Marc.

I also hope that the traditional supporting cast can at least get a nod. Frenchie, Marlene, Crawley, Gina, Ray and Ricky.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...racters/69544/
    There's a casting call for Frenchie, at the least.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Shocked given how much he seemed to openly dislike Disney for what happened with Star Wars
    He did not eat the backlash that JOhn got. Also his character got a lot more than Finn did. Poe had a 3 year solo run series.

Like someone else said Marvel is in better hands than Star Wars.

I think Marvel is more than ready to handle trolls and entitled fanboys. Because everybody is ready for them now.

Oscar Isaac as Moon Knight is an interesting choice, this makes his third role based on Marvel property.

Discussion about worst fathers in Marvel makes it interesting to note that Marc and his brother had a caring father, but both ended up being bad uncaring violent sons going against their poor father's teachings, Marc even punched his father in the jaw in a boxing ring in front of spectators long before his redemption.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    His father's side is Jewish so I think we're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    IIRC, he doesn't know if he is. (I was going to explain something about the matter and spanish history, but it doesn't really matter and it's really off topic).

Maaan. I didn't know I liked this idea so much.

EDIT: oh, so he is by his father's side? Cool. I was trying to recall some interview where he was asked about it, but I guess I recalled that part wrong.

Oscar Isaac: 'I dropped Cuban name to get more roles... then lost one because they thought I was Jewish'
    https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...-a3691551.html

Extraordinary Member

Oscar Isaac (I)
    Oscar Isaac was born Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia, and a Cuban father, Oscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano, a pulmonologist.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1209966/

I posted this post and above post in dc forum as well.
    THREAD: ASIAN AND LATINO SUPERHEROES?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rheroes/page28
    Last edited by mace11; 10-27-2020 at 01:58 AM.

I wonder what his costume would be like for the first season. Will he be wearing the Mr. Knight costume, or would he be sporting some white sweats?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Oscar Isaac (I)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1209966/

I posted this post and above post in dc forum as well.
    THREAD: ASIAN AND LATINO SUPERHEROES?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rheroes/page28
    Oh, that's more in the line with what I remembered. I think he once said that maybe from his mother's side, actually, but like way, way back. But I tend to mix up info, can't say I'm sure about what I remember.
    And it seems it's his seccond-half name (more like your middle one for anglo speakers than a surname). Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I wonder what his costume would be like for the first season. Will he be wearing the Mr. Knight costume, or would he be sporting some white sweats?
    I'm hoping for Mr. Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping for Mr. Knight.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too.

Wait I just realized. Bloodstains are gonna be a problem for him then. I wonder how they will address that in the show.

Will he have an entire wardrobe full of the same white outfit or will he be at the laundromat every Thursday.

Will Warren Ellis be a consulting writer for the show? Since the "Mr. Knight" version seems to have built a following.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Wait I just realized. Bloodstains are gonna be a problem for him then. I wonder how they will address that in the show.

Will he have an entire wardrobe full of the same white outfit or will he be at the laundromat every Thursday.
    Is it problematic, showing blood? If that's the case, they can change it with something more psychedelic with some digital work. Like bright red or purple blood. It all depends on what they do art style wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will Warren Ellis be a consulting writer for the show? Since the "Mr. Knight" version seems to have built a following.
    I'd assume not, given the recent accusations against him!