Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Who do you think should be cast to play Scarlet Fascinera/The Stainglassed Scarlet?

Personally, I would cast Rebecca Ferguson for the role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the show gets filming soon when things are safe. I hope that it emphasizes mystery.

I'm not offended by exploring the psychological issues, but I hope it doesn't have a bunch of constant hallucinations with Marc.

I also hope that the traditional supporting cast can at least get a nod. Frenchie, Marlene, Crawley, Gina, Ray and Ricky.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...racters/69544/
    I'd be surprised if they weren't included.

Moon Knights assistants are basically an ensemble cast.

And ensemble casts work better on TV than anywhere else. If Moon Knight were to be done as a movie the cast would be down to Marlene and Frenchy at most.

But as a TV series Moon Knight's cast can be potentially as large as say Leverage's or Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping for Mr. Knight.
    I'm not. I also hope the show resets the character correctly to having Identities not the rabbit hole of mental disorder the Huston run started that other writers/editors have continued to run down.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not. I also hope the show resets the character correctly to having Identities not the rabbit hole of mental disorder the Huston run started that other writers/editors have continued to run down.
    I meant the look and the episodic structure of Ellis's run.

The mental issues are optional.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-28-2020 at 07:22 AM.

If they use the Mr. White identity I hope they'll use a green suit and then use cgi in post to make it unnaturally white. That's what made it so striking in the comics -- the limited shading made him look like a literal specter.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I imagine the show would look like something similar to Legion on FX.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I imagine the show would look like something similar to Legion on FX.
    That's what I'm hoping. Either that, or, why not, using animation mixed with actual recording, maybe with the system they're using with The Mandalorian. That could be nice, and can look pretty in a... er... trippy, alien, bizarre way, I guess.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-28-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well we know Stained Glass Scarlet and Raoul Bushman will be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If they use the Mr. White identity I hope they'll use a green suit and then use cgi in post to make it unnaturally white. That's what made it so striking in the comics -- the limited shading made him look like a literal specter.
    You don't even need to use green stuff (a chroma). For easy effects like that? A filter and a mask (and now they have software that tracks it across frames), it's done, as far as I know. Maybe you can do it even without a mask, just tweaking with colour channels and brightness.

(Sorry for skipping your post before. Somehow, this page didn't load as it should've when I read it earlier)

Who do you think should be cast to play Scarlet Fascinera/The Stainglassed Scarlet?

I'm not familiar with actors, so I have no casting choice in mind for any character. I just hope they don't adapt the J. M. DeMatteis take on her and just bring her back as a villain with apprentices to hunt down Moon Knight for no reason of value, but I wouldn't mind if they can and choose to improve it.

This choice is interesting and keeps me curious cause I did not expect them to choose an Egyptian to direct such a show. I'll try to dig some of his movies and watch them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Here's where things get messy though: His powers.

Does he gets his powers from the Moon or does he get his powers from Khonshu? Or is it both?

Do his powers/abilities change depending upon whichever personality he inhabits?

Can Stephen Grant have the same superhuman, strength, speed, and durability as Moon Knight does under a full moon?

Is his Disassociative Identity Disorder considered a superpower?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It seems I'm the only one who prefers Huston s take over Ellis. Make it dark and True Detective ish

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Natalia Cordova

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Here's where things get messy though: His powers.

Does he gets his powers from the Moon or does he get his powers from Khonshu? Or is it both?

Do his powers/abilities change depending upon whichever personality he inhabits?

Can Stephen Grant have the same superhuman, strength, speed, and durability as Moon Knight does under a full moon?

Is his Disassociative Identity Disorder considered a superpower?
    Not messy, MK has had two power sets.
    While openly following Khonshu at Origin his powers ebbed with the phase of the Moon, the moon tied to Khonshu so the answer is BOTH.
    Later he renounced Khonshu but still chose to fight as MK but now had to rely on his military and substantial other training as a peak human.

No, because identities do not change the man. He could be seen as Lockley or Grant and if the situation arose use his physical skills in any situation.
    Yes, see above, when Marc had the superhuman aspect anyways regardless if he was in disguise as Grant or another.

No, it is disease added by Huston and expanded upon the last 15yrs that is not an original concept of the character. One I find a distraction and not worthy of the characters history. Like waiting for Barry Allen to come back or Bucky I'm waiting for that element to be eliminated.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime