Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What marvel character would you want to just hang out with?

So out of all the Marvel heroes or it could even be a supporting character would you want to just chill with and hang out with? Keep in mind you will just be hanging out (No going on superhero battles or save the world missions) You can hang at home, their superhero HQ, place of business, where ever.

Who would it be and why? What would you do while hanging out? What would you talk about?

For me my first choice would be my new favorite hero Ms Marvel Kamala Khan. There are a couple of reasons for this. Number one she is super cool and fun. I would love to just chill and do some game stuff. I would also want to hang out with her family because I know very little of the Muslim religion. It would be neat and be educated by people who were born into the faith and learn not just about their religion but their experiences as well. (As odd as this sounds this comic is my first exposure to a Muslim family or character in a positive light.)

My second choice would be Joe Robertson. I have always been interested in the journalism side of things. I would love to hear his real take on heroes and how he balances being fair to heroes and the public in his reporting.

So who are your choices.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Well definitely NOT Kamala Khan. As a middle aged male, being around a 14 year old girl of any race/ethnicity/creed is just asking for trouble unless you're family.

Hank McCoy when he was with the Avengers would have been cool. Hawkeye is definitely on the list. Johnny Storm. None of the core X-Men. Just...no. Way too much dysfunction there. Maybe Reed Richards if you could get him away from the lab. Ben too. Beyond that, really nobody. Most characters are either just totally whacked compared to everyday people, or way too hard core as super heroes. Imagine trying to hang out with Matt Murdock or Peter Parker. Sooner rather than later, everything will hit the fan. Even out of costume.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

How could it not be Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Well definitely NOT Kamala Khan. As a middle aged male, being around a 14 year old girl of any race/ethnicity/creed is just asking for trouble unless you're family.

Hank McCoy when he was with the Avengers would have been cool. Hawkeye is definitely on the list. Johnny Storm. None of the core X-Men. Just...no. Way too much dysfunction there. Maybe Reed Richards if you could get him away from the lab. Ben too. Beyond that, really nobody. Most characters are either just totally whacked compared to everyday people, or way too hard core as super heroes. Imagine trying to hang out with Matt Murdock or Peter Parker. Sooner rather than later, everything will hit the fan. Even out of costume.

i didnt really factor age into this. Just based it on personality and all that. These are fake characters after all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dear Penthouse Letters,

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Dear Penthouse Letters,
    ^^^yeeeeeees?

aka, Ben Grimm probably.
    Someone I can drink and smoke w., maybe play a little poker if his friends come over.

How could it not be Norman Osborn?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I would enjoy hanging out with Richard Rider, Nova Prime. Just two normal dudes (if you take away him being a badass space cop) knocking back a couple of cold ones and me constantly gushing, "You remember that time you ripped out Annihilus' spine?"

Luke Cage, at the barbershop he goes to, talking about the superhero world and politics and women.

Astonishing Member

Either Spider-Man or Captain America. I need more optimism in my whole life so who else would I go to? I think Peter and I would get along better, but Steve would know just what to say to put me at ease about the future. It's a toss-up.

Honestly, I'm leaning more towards Steve just because I don't know what Peter I'm getting. I could get a Peter that is more immature than me and then the whole convo would be a waste.

Kamala Khan would have been a top choice if I was still in high school. I would have definitely loved to talk to her about our similar experiences with immigrant parents and growing up as first-gen Westerners in a predominantly monocultural area with no immigrants, but our current age gap is too large.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-30-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Boisterously Confused

My patella response is Hawkeye, because he seems like so much fun. But if I give it a moment's thought, I realize that probably ends with me on the losing end of a bar fight.

So, I end up coin flipping between Captain America and The Silver Surfer. I'd love to listen to the stories they have to tell.

Honorable Mentions: Nick Fury and The Thing

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Kamala was 16 on her debut, she should be 17 or 18 at this point. Doesn't change the point that hanging around her could lead to accusations of being a pedophile though!

Johnny Storm might be fun.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    How could it not be Norman Osborn?
    Yeah I bet he can be quite fun.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Definitely Cap, Luke Cage, Ben Grimm and Daredevil. I'm inclined to put T'Challa but I'll probably be intimidated by his presence.

Janet Van Dyne. Imagine how well she would treat you