Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

I think they are going to be a part of Children of the Atom in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    reading the first 5 issues of the x-men, compared to hickman's avengers, and its just, the concepts are so much more interesting and the characthers that go trough those stories are so much more vivid and diverse, it goes to show how the x-men are basically their own mini universe and prone to extreme creativity and worldbuilding in comparison to the dry anthics of the avengers (noshadenotea)
    wendy-williams-tea.jpg

That's true! The Avengers worlds colliding plot was great with all the myths he was trying to create around it, but I'm loving the fact that he's taking old stuff and making it different now. Plus the AI and biological tech stuff is more interesting for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    wendy-williams-tea.jpg

That's true! The Avengers worlds colliding plot was great with all the myths he was trying to create around it, but I'm loving the fact that he's taking old stuff and making it different now. Plus the AI and biological tech stuff is more interesting for me.
    yeah the x-men dont really need that much "new stuff" just older concepts made fresh and interesting (outworld, a demonic invasion pending, sentinels, the children, humans) but i do love hordeculture, but hickman had a lot less .... material to work with at the start :3c

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    wendy-williams-tea.jpg

Hickman actually reused a lot of New Universe stuff ... for some reason.

But virtually no one remembers New Universe and does not logically connect with the Avengers. Starbrand and Nightmask are for example old concepts.

BANNED

also, the children, seraphina in particular, have the skiniest visual designs, realy realy awesome concept in all fronts, a sort of dark mirror of mutantkind and just as visualy interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Laura being older than Logan will be a very intersting concept
    Yeah. spoilers:
    537 years of aging... so she's now over 550. Logan's roughly aged 200!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hickman actually reused a lot of New Universe stuff ... for some reason.

But virtually no one remembers New Universe and does not logically connect with the Avengers. Starbrand and Nightmask are for example old concepts.
    Oh yeah the White Event stuff. I remember actually hoping that Inhumanity would have been a White Event thing making more superhumans instead of the T-Mists.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think this is my favorite issue of the run so far. It offered a little of almost everything i was expecting from the new direction. We got a little info on the resurrection process. Nice display of the mission and the players involved. This is one story that i can't wait to get more of.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This was ineteresting. I'm waiting for more Synch, Darwing and Laura.

I honestly don't think Marvel would really age Laura that much even if her body can take it. Sounds like a super big change with a vague and complicated purpose (if it happens)

BANNED

also cecilia being elevated to prime national doctor makes me very very happy, and a whole page to detail how synch was having issues with adjusting but putting on a brave face, and then them bringing back skin to help him cope is really cool and heartwarming, and touches a lot of what we have been asking about the ressurection protocols.

This was the best issue of the comic, a 7/10 for the potential.

Silva was a great choice viaually

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Here's my review

"Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. spoilers:
    537 years of aging... so she's now over 550. Logan's roughly aged 200!
    end of spoilers
    I don't see that sticking. Guaranteed she dies after the end of the mission and gets rebooted back to Status Quo.

Also...

"I'm Wolverine."

*Learning She May Died On The Very Next Page*

"Wolverine should do this."

WTFH

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't see that sticking. Guaranteed she dies after the end of the mission and gets rebooted back to Status Quo.

Also...

"I'm Wolverine."

*Learning She May Died On The Very Next Page*

"Wolverine should do this."

WTFH
    Yes, It was confusing. At the start it feels cute but then it feels like she was played.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, It was confusing. At the start it feels cute but then it feels like she was played.
    Especially considering Laura has never shirked a possible suicide mission in the past.