Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Obi-Wan on hold as calls go out for new scripts.

After seeing what happened to Han, Luke and Leia I'm starting to think that the old scripts didn't humiliate the character enough and that is why Disney isn't using them

Just kidding....maybe.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...cripts-1272499
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Honestly I don’t see why there was so much demand for this show in the first place besides getting Ewan back. I can’t see Obi-wan’s life between 3&4 being interesting at all. He was stuck on Tatoween doing dessert stuff. About as boring as it gets. The one exiting thing would be having him face off against his nemesis Maul. But they already did that in the cartoons so *shruggs*

Although Tatooine has a lot of organized crime and hostile lifeforms that could theoretically cross Obi-Wan's path (and of course he's very familiar with the planet by the time of ANH-for instance he seems to know more about the Sand People's patterns than Luke!) I think Mandalorian has already covered that kind of thing (On Tatooine and the similar planets over the course of the show). Unless they somehow have something that is so urgent that Obi-Wan has to go off-planet.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I can think of a hundred stories on that could involve Obi-Wan before meeting Luke in A New Hope... so I don't get the concern.

And besides, Obi-Wan had this to say about the reactions he's seen, “I didn’t realize until we got here tonight and everybody is going, ‘Oh, my god!’” he added. “But it’s not really as dramatic as it might seem.”

But hey, if you want to be gleefully negative go for it if that's what makes you happy
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-24-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Obi could run into Jedi hunters, people that find out about Luke and run back to Vader. Inquisitors could show up. They could do Maul (even though it was done in the cartoon). It could be small-scale stuff too.

There's room.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I could see Obi-Wan going through the training to become a force ghost. I remember that being a 3 part arc for Yoda in Clone Wars. Old man Obi-Wan reconnect with Qui-Gon would be a treat.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

The Marvel comics have a story arc where Obi-Wan protects Lars from some of Jabba's men, if memory serves.

I think there's plenty of room for any kind of story they want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The Marvel comics have a story arc where Obi-Wan protects Lars from some of Jabba's men, if memory serves.

I think there's plenty of room for any kind of story they want to tell.
    yea but that is a one episode pony trick.
    i am afraid poor luke will be made to "forget alot".
    men in black/harry potter muggles style

if u think obi wan had his share of adventures while guarding luke, u never loved star wars
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I have no problem with them going back to the drawing board if they weren't happy with the scripts they had. Better than rushing something and having it turn out mediocre.

Personally i think it would be better if Obi got drawn into some mission that takes him off Tatooine and away from guarding Luke. Comics have covered "obi secretly intervenes when the Hutts mess wth the Skywalkers" already, and it wasn't all that interesting imo.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I have no problem with them going back to the drawing board if they weren't happy with the scripts they had. Better than rushing something and having it turn out mediocre.
    This stuff should have been ironed out in pre-production. Not when production is set to begin. This caused trouble for Rogue One and killed Solo. The higher ups are dropping the ball to catching stuff like this so late.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    yea but that is a one episode pony trick.
    i am afraid poor luke will be made to "forget alot".
    men in black/harry potter muggles style

if u think obi wan had his share of adventures while guarding luke, u never loved star wars

It seems in the first film that the two have met before, although of course Luke doesn't know Ben's past or true name.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It seems in the first film that the two have met before, although of course Luke doesn't know Ben's past or true name.
    ofc luke knows crazy old ben. what i am afraid of, is that theyŽll have some luke&ben adventure and in the end ben doing the jedi mind trick on luke to make him forget the events.
    RoS prominently quipped about the jedi mind trick recently.
    if they should go that route, iŽll rage hard ;P
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This stuff should have been ironed out in pre-production. Not when production is set to begin. This caused trouble for Rogue One and killed Solo. The higher ups are dropping the ball to catching stuff like this so late.
    Absolutely right. But I think it's less genuine concerns and more motivation by the people overseeing it to demonstrate to their bosses they are doing their jobs. Especially after the mess with Solo and the under-performance (and the creative turnover) on TROS. I don't think it's a coincidence they suddenly started paying attention to their jobs after TROS.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-25-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    ofc luke knows crazy old ben. what i am afraid of, is that theyŽll have some luke&ben adventure and in the end ben doing the jedi mind trick on luke to make him forget the events.
    RoS prominently quipped about the jedi mind trick recently.
    if they should go that route, iŽll rage hard ;P
    TPM and AOTC both used the Jedi Mind trick as jokes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    ...it is in pre-production though, nothing's really started and they only had a tentative production schedule announced.