Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...it is in pre-production though, nothing's really started and they only had a tentative production schedule announced.
    The original story reported they had a crew at Pinewood Studios in London as production was set to begin. The crew was ordered to go home once the decision to rewrite the scripts were made. So it did reach the production stage.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The original story reported they had a crew at Pinewood Studios in London as production was set to begin. The crew was ordered to go home once the decision to rewrite the scripts were made. So it did reach the production stage.
    I'd tend to go with a primary source like McGregor who said, " So we just pushed it back, but it’s not — it very dramatic, it would seem, online, there’s all kinds of **** online about it, but it’s only just slid back a bit. We’re still shooting it, I think it will still be aired when it was meant to be ." over anonymous sources from collider.

I mean, if it's still going to air when it was meant to I'd think they were very early on in production, so no worries.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-26-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Way I see it, this's all alarm over nothing. Heck, it seems like the main people making a big deal of it are those who want Disney Star Wars to fail.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Way I see it, this's all alarm over nothing. Heck, it seems like the main people making a big deal of it are those who want Disney Star Wars to fail.
    I don't think that's the case. Disney's Star Wars has been plagued with production troubles. Rogue One had them, Solo was practically redone and RoS was a Frankenstein monster of different visions. These production troubles has hurt two mentioned movies.

I actually wanted to see this too.

At least Birds of Prey has Ewan in it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Even McGregor practically said as much, these kinds of issues are fairly routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think that's the case. Disney's Star Wars has been plagued with production troubles. Rogue One had them, Solo was practically redone and RoS was a Frankenstein monster of different visions. These production troubles has hurt two mentioned movies.
    Almost every major genre film has troubles in production, it's just that now we know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I actually wanted to see this too.

At least Birds of Prey has Ewan in it.
    You'll still get to see it, there's nothing wrong here and apparently still on track for its original air date.

Both Star Wars and Empire had a lot of production problems (George's problems, including his health, were part of the reason he handed off the rest of the trilogy to others). Return of the Jedi was probably the smoothest production of the original 3.

Despite their criticism the prequels also had a fairly smooth production, apart from a sandstorm causing problems for TPM and some actors being privately not too happy with Lucas's directing and the blue screen (Neeson perhaps being the most prominent, although Ewan and Portman have also had their share of criticism; some of the actors who had minor roles such as Ralph Marsh and Terrance Stamp were royally peeved though!)

If I remember correctly all the sequel trilogy films were originally going to be Summer releases but were pretty much changed to the Holiday schedule.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Reportedly the casting call is out for young actors, which might be hinting at Luke and Leia.

If Leia is somehow involved in the series it would be probably mean Jimmy Smits will return as Bail.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Reportedly the casting call is out for young actors, which might be hinting at Luke and Leia.

If Leia is somehow involved in the series it would be probably mean Jimmy Smits will return as Bail.
    I love Smits so I'd be down with that

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Sigh...more Disney Luke Skywalker? hooray....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

There seems to be a degree of familiarity between Luke and Obi-Wan, although Luke didn't of course know about his Jedi past and knew him as Ben.

Maybe it was a bit like Marty and Doc Brown. Doc's main goal in life was to build the time machine after he slipped on the toilet, but Marty didn't know the details.

Niffleheim

Isn't Ben too familiar? I thought Luke knew of Old Ben he didn't know him until R2-D2 arrived. So whatever the story i hope their paths never crosses. However with Leia it is a different matter entirely.

I always saw it playing out like Disney's Sword in the Stone with Luke occasionally coming across Old Ben seemingly at random and learning bits of wisdom from him.

Niffleheim

If that is the framing Kenobi as Merlin-esque kind of figure occasionally dropping knowledge when their paths crosses i won't have an issue with it because i know Luke will forget about him after because of his age or just view him as an oddball in the neighbourhood.

I wouldn't mind interactions between Ben and Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-31-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Ben seems to know Luke's name and Luke doesn't seem to ask why, and there seems to at least have been some interaction. Luke just doesn't seem to know his true name or the rest of his story (He assumes that Obi-Wan is either a relative or somebody with the same last name), just that he's a local hermit and where he lives. It's kind of funny in a way Owen sort of slips that Obi-Wan "died the same time" as his father, which piques Luke's curiosity before Owen tells him to drop it.

There is one Marvel comics where Ben saves Luke but I don't think they really interact that much.