Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

That's a great piece. Does anyone know who painted it?

Looks like Dani will be in the Demon Days mini. That could be cool. I do like Peach Momoko's work.

Yess! It really looks like it's Dani! I'm excited about it too, Peach Momoko's style is a delight I really dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's a great piece. Does anyone know who painted it?

Looks like Dani will be in the Demon Days mini. That could be cool. I do like Peach Momoko's work.

I think it is a card from some game -- very good art. I wonder if anyone can shed some light.

The anime in the preview art looks a LOT like Dani. Very cool / gratifying to see such a cool character being front of mind on some of these projects now. It's like Dani has a new lease on life.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    I think it is a card from some game -- very good art. I wonder if anyone can shed some light.
    I believe that Dani art was from the Marvel War of Heroes Role Playing Game.
    http://woh.rpgotg.com/cards/2651151/
    I haven't been able to nail down which artist did that particular card but Aleksi Briclot, Simon Bisley, Francesco Mattina, Cuong Le Manh, KeiNhanGia, among others.
    (its not Bisley). My best guess is artist DCWJ https://www.deviantart.com/dcwj

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-25-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I like the Mirage codename, but it doesn't matter a lot to me. Actually, I liked Psyche better, but giving a Cheyenne Valkyrie a Greek name would be a bit much.
    I wonder if Dani flinches at the "Mutant First" Krakoa era culture at all. She would probably hyphenate as Cheyenne-Mutant-Valkyrie-Krakoan.

I'd never seen the MLF Moonstar look immortalized in video game form until today.
    http://marvel-dcuniverse.blogspot.co...-moonstar.html

The anime in the preview art looks a LOT like Dani. Very cool / gratifying to see such a cool character being front of mind on some of these projects now. It's like Dani has a new lease on life.
    Agreed. It helps when a character is one of the EiC's favourites, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I believe that Dani art was from the Marvel War of Heroes Role Playing Game.
    http://woh.rpgotg.com/cards/2651151/
    I haven't been able to nail down which artist did that particular card but Aleksi Briclot, Simon Bisley, Francesco Mattina, Cuong Le Manh, KeiNhanGia, among others.
    (its not Bisley). My best guess is artist DCWJ https://www.deviantart.com/dcwj
    Thank you!

I wonder if Dani flinches at the "Mutant First" Krakoa era culture at all. She would probably hyphenate as Cheyenne-Mutant-Valkyrie-Krakoan.

I'd never seen the MLF Moonstar look immortalized in video game form until today.
    http://marvel-dcuniverse.blogspot.co...-moonstar.html
    Wow, never expected to see that. I wonder what she thinks of that outfit now? I know some people think it was a full body costume, but it always looked like (badly coloured) skin, to me. I can see her wearing it to a party, she's worn skimpier, but not into combat.

Speaking of Peach Momoko, came across this Dani drawing from her -- hadn't seen it before.

She's got a really cool style.

Picture1.jpg

Speaking of Peach Momoko, came across this Dani drawing from her -- hadn't seen it before.

She's got a really cool style.

Picture1.jpg
    Yeah, I really like it, too. I'm looking forward to the mini. Will get two appearances by Dani in March even without New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Hopefully, no writer will forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

One of my all-time favorite Dani moments. Bad azz!!!!!!

Moonstar in the Patrick Nagel style by @theimijfactory
    moonstar_7439014092358896453_o.jpg
    Last edited by TraneTrax; 12-28-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Wouldn't Mutant and KraKoan he redundant?

And I'm sure shes more comfortable with having KraKoa as her nationality than American :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Moonstar in the Patrick Nagel style by @theimijfactory
    moonstar_7439014092358896453_o.jpg

That's a terrific rendering -- really captures a lot of fine detail about her face / hair.

I came across this pencil drawing awhile back -- also very pretty, but seems to capture an "older" Dani.

image.jpg

I think the way I always pictured the adult version of Dani [post-volume 1] in my mind's eye is more along the lines of this [which also seems to perfectly capture her attitude]:

tumblr_6cfe7683754392b1f450b3cb26cfd3c3_abb0bb22_500 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 12-29-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Does Dani have an Asgardian name? Reading old myths and legends when it dawned on me how commonplace it was for legends and gods to gain new names when they're adopted by different cultures. Not that Dani needs a new superhero name or anything.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Does Dani have an Asgardian name? Reading old myths and legends when it dawned on me how commonplace it was for legends and gods to gain new names when they're adopted by different cultures. Not that Dani needs a new superhero name or anything.

Interesting question. In that Marvel Comics Presents #121, which was back in 1993, her Valkyrie friend Mist referred to her repeatedly as "Danielle." Don't recall ever seeing her have another Asgardian name.

Screen shot below from that one-off story / appearance:

Screenshot 2020-12-31 183800.jpg

On an unrelated note -- happy New Year, y'all! Here's to a better 2021...
    Last edited by rf2044; 12-31-2020 at 06:40 PM.