Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc Magik is a powerhouse herself. She should be able to defeat most of their threats on her own and writers have to either ignore her abilities or find some way to take her out to keep that from happening
    If you take her powers away though. She is still "masculine". I think her always saving the day is because some male writers write most females as useless but then make one female super perfect as their attempt to show that they respect strong female characters. Same with Emma, she's been written for a lot in the past few years, but usually it has her as a perfect male villain fantasy (hence her recent mustache twirling ways).

This is one of the reasons I heavily dislike Captain Marvel.

Which brings us to the haircut thing. Most female X-Leaders have not done this, but most female non-X leaders HAVE. That's cause X-Ladies are well developed compared to non-X ladies. Hence the non-X side pushing bland female charters like Captain Marvel to the front when Storm, Jean, Emma, Rogue are all around... Before the split, it was the X-Ladies who were the main Marvel female characters.

Dani is kept in NM bc of nostalgia but its stifling her growth potential. They should mix things up and put her elsewhere. She'd be a good fit for the current incarnation of X-Force or heck try her somewhere unexpected like SWORD or Maraurders. Without the current era having a flagship with a true team, I dont see her getting a real push though. Things arent set up to really elevate a singular character as we've seen in past runs
    Funny you should write that, I was just coming to ask what title fans thought Dani should be in.

For me almost anything would be better. Probably not Excalibur, I hadn't heard good things about that, but one of the other team books or a new title would be fine with me.

Extraordinary Member

While I’m looking forward to the new creative team’s take on the New Mutants, the best thing for the New Mutants would be to integrate them into the main x-teams together like the O5 and All-New All Different did in the Jim Lee era days of the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    While I’m looking forward to the new creative team’s take on the New Mutants, the best thing for the New Mutants would be to integrate them into the main x-teams together like the O5 and All-New All Different did in the Jim Lee era days of the early 90s.
    There is no main X-team in the current era, which makes that not a viable option. At best, we will see them used alongside the other X-men in crossovers like Empyre and XOS or in X-men as Hickman did in the Empyre tie-in and #8

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Funny you should write that, I was just coming to ask what title fans thought Dani should be in.

For me almost anything would be better. Probably not Excalibur, I hadn't heard good things about that, but one of the other team books or a new title would be fine with me.
    I guess that I am in the minority when it comes to Excalibur, because I really enjoyed that comic.

I can't really recomend it to you seeing as though I'm one of the few people who like it. You could easily end up like a lot of other members of this forum and hate it, so if you do check it out, try to get someone else's copies first. That way you don't waist your money on a bad recommendation.

The way that I would describe the comic is that it is like Dungeons & Dragons. I'm not sure if you are into that sort of thing.
    But, with Dani's swordsmanship and magic Valkyrie powers, I think that she would have fit in well in that kind of comic.

It's a moot point now anyway, seeing as Dani will continue to be in New Mutants. It would be nice to see some stories with her and Warpath, now that James is joining that team.

Dani randomly popped up in X-Factor today. Totally did not expect to see her there but the issue was all about New X-men: Academy X and she was given some form of closure after being unceremoniously kicked out

I’ll love Dani forever after today

Dani randomly popped up in X-Factor today. Totally did not expect to see her there but the issue was all about New X-men: Academy X and she was given some form of closure after being unceremoniously kicked out
    Just to clarify, is that X-Factor #5? I'll have to pick that up -- thanks.

Glad to hear that there will be closure. I just got the New X-Men issue (#22) where she left the school, and read it a few weeks ago. Tearful goodbye with her team, and then Emma rushed her out -- they didn't even have a panel of Dani leaving -- the story just moved on as if nothing had happened. Glad to see that there will be a bit more closure, albeit 14 years later.

Dani didn't get closure she was just there to make Emma feel better about all the kids Emma got killed over the years.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani didn't get closure she was just there to make Emma feel better about all the kids Emma got killed over the years.
    Kinda wish she's had some words with Sofia.

Frankly, I miss that about the X-Men, the inter-relationships

lol, so true!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, the scene in X-Factor was more about Emma than Dani. I get why she felt inclined to have the pair of them present, but Moonstar was only there to help navigate Emma through her guilt, not reflect or speak on her time with the Academy X kids.

Agreed. It was a brief scene [encompassing a single page], but it was nice to get a Dani appearance.

Interestingly, the way she was drawn was virtually identical in face, hairstyle, facial expression, etc. as how Aurora is shown on the next page. I had to re-read it to understand what was happening, initially mistaking Jeannie-Marie for Dani.

The art in that book is something else. I wonder if they intended to undercut the morbid themes with the supersaturated, cartoony style? Doesn't really work for me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I guess that I am in the minority when it comes to Excalibur, because I really enjoyed that comic.

I can't really recomend it to you seeing as though I'm one of the few people who like it. You could easily end up like a lot of other members of this forum and hate it, so if you do check it out, try to get someone else's copies first. That way you don't waist your money on a bad recommendation.

The way that I would describe the comic is that it is like Dungeons & Dragons. I'm not sure if you are into that sort of thing.
    But, with Dani's swordsmanship and magic Valkyrie powers, I think that she would have fit in well in that kind of comic.

It's a moot point now anyway, seeing as Dani will continue to be in New Mutants. It would be nice to see some stories with her and Warpath, now that James is joining that team.
    Hmm, I like D&D but Dani's already entangled with the Valkyries, getting mixed up with Otherworld would be a bit much, I think. When it comes to the X-men, I prefer the magic in small doses.

I am curious about how James and Dani will get along. I'm more curious about the upcoming nightmares, though. Dreams are good for characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda wish she's had some words with Sofia.

Frankly, I miss that about the X-Men, the inter-relationships
    Yeah, that would have been nice. Dani was the one who brought her to Xavier's, it would have been a nice full circle moment if Dani welcomed Sofia back.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Agreed. It was a brief scene [encompassing a single page], but it was nice to get a Dani appearance.
    Agreed. It's great to see Dani getting so much attention. Two more appearances this month (both on the 16th), and it looks like three next month, too. Return of the Valkyries 1 and 2 are listed for January.