Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

What a surprise... I knew Dani and Monet having significant roles in this event was too much to ask for. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Well, she didn't spoilers:
    die or leave
    end of spoilers so there's always next week. I'm more concerned about her spoilers:
    using a regular arrow
    end of spoilers

Who's writing the next issue, anyway?
    Hickman is the solo writer as he attempts to land this plane. I hope its more balanced like his #1 but my fear is that it becomes another Magik solo, especially since she has eclipsed all the other characters here. I would love it if Dani were to be the one to spoilers:
    break her out of staff corruption. Even if she attempts and fails, that would be better than doing nothing
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2020 at 03:29 PM.

You'd think a former Valkyrie would have something to say about the walking dead. I wish we'd get more on her powers, though.

Pretty art, pretty, pretty art:

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...968066560?s=19

I didn't know who's appreciation thread to put this in, so I just went with my fav. Throw in Rogue and this would be just about my most perfect team ever, although it's a bit white. Maybe switch out Magik for Monet...

Edit: His top five are Moonstar, Gambit, Shatterstar, Magik and Angel, btw.
    Last edited by Arachne; 08-12-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Pretty art, pretty, pretty art:

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...968066560?s=19

I didn't know who's appreciation thread to put this in, so I just went with my fav. Throw in Rogue and this would be just about my most perfect team ever, although it's a bit white. Maybe switch out Magik for Monet...

Edit: His top five are Moonstar, Gambit, Shatterstar, Magik and Angel, btw.
    If you swapped Magik for Monet and used the Lewis Tan version of Shatterstar, I'd be all over this team

Is it just me, or do Dani's psychic arrows not make sense, like not even on a psuedo-science level.
    The arrows produce light, because she and other people can see them, and presumably they have some amount of weight or mass, otherwise she wouldn't need to go through the motions of pulling back and shooting an arrow...so shouldn't the arrows affect more than just an organism's mind?
    Or does everyone else in the comics just see her pantomiming shoot a bow and arrow when she's in a fight?
    My point is, I think the arrows should be solid

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense. No psionic energy signature actually does. At least Dani could be subconsciously generating an illusion of the arrow. As for needing to shoot it, that could be psychological. Just a motion she goes through to focus her mind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    If you swapped Magik for Monet and used the Lewis Tan version of Shatterstar, I'd be all over this team

Is it just me, or do Dani's psychic arrows not make sense, like not even on a psuedo-science level.
    The arrows produce light, because she and other people can see them, and presumably they have some amount of weight or mass, otherwise she wouldn't need to go through the motions of pulling back and shooting an arrow...so shouldn't the arrows affect more than just an organism's mind?
    Or does everyone else in the comics just see her pantomiming shoot a bow and arrow when she's in a fight?
    they often conflate psionic energy with plasma energy esp during the 90s.. I mean Psionic energy is suppose to be a close relative of energy on the Electromagnetic spectrum so.. it has its own weird physics

It affects the target's nervous kind of like the stun setting of any energy weapon in any sci-fi setting.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Which is useful, but pretty boring. The illusions caused drama, either from the targets reaction or Dani's. I really miss that.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...097639425?s=19

New Dani pic. Or at least one I haven't seen before.

EWEK1XxU8AENIZt.jpg
    I saw this render of Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs as Moonstar by magicalRdesigns that is interesting. I'm not sure how the artist is conceptualizing her powers, but I always love seeing her overloaded with weapons.

EWEK1XxU8AENIZt.jpg
    I saw this render of Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs as Moonstar by magicalRdesigns that is interesting. I'm not sure how the artist is conceptualizing her powers, but I always love seeing her overloaded with weapons.
    Ugh she totally shoulda got the Moonstar part over Hunt in New Mutants movie
    GrindrStone(D)

Yep.

The psionic bullets are kind of a cool idea. Pity Quentin Quire got them first.

Dani and James BETTER interact in that