Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Dani is easily my favorite Valkyrie. I'm thrilled that she's getting some love in the upcoming series.

I'm probably alone in this line of thinking, but I wish they'd consider giving Dani the full Asgardian goddess physique. It could be a transformation that automatically occurs whenever she needs to deploy her Valkyrie powers. As normal Dani, she's 5'6", only 125 lbs., and is no stronger than your average Olympic athlete of the same size and physique. But when she goes into Valkyrie mode she's grows to 6'2", weighs 375 lbs and can toss your Tesla down the block like it was a frisbee. Again, not all of the time, just when the Warrior Spirit of the Valkyrie triggers the change. Hmmm...let me see what that looks like.
    Deodato done it.
    If only a "goddess physique" weren't just his default more than an intentional choice for a powered up Valkyrie Dani but still...

Arguably the best Dani panel

I'm kinda bummed Dani isn't a sword bearer because she's a perfect candidate what with her mutant powers, leadership history and ability and Valkyrie powers.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I'm kinda bummed Dani isn't a sword bearer because she's a perfect candidate what with her mutant powers, leadership history and ability and Valkyrie powers.
    Honestly Dani should be a Captain.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Arguably the best Dani panel
    It's a good one, but her pulling a bow with her toe always springs out to me, along the same way Storm did in moments during her powerless years.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Deodato done it.
    If only a "goddess physique" weren't just his default more than an intentional choice for a powered up Valkyrie Dani but still...

This is awesome!

It's also interesting that Dani doesn't see herself as a god. If memory serves, in classic myth the Choosers of the Slain were every bit goddesses in the same vein as the Greek Furies, Muses and Pleiades. I guess for the X-books, her divine aspect is not something they want to focus on too much.

Surprised yall aren't discussing the Moonstar spotlight in X-Men Monday with upcoming Marvel Voices writer Darcie Little Badger!

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/19/x-...tar-questions/

Rahne is guest-starring and they're introducing a young Native American mutant in the story. Can't wait! Darcie has a great take on Dani and it really renewed a sense of pride in her character and how far she's come.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly Dani should be a Captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This is awesome!

It's also interesting that Dani doesn't see herself as a god. If memory serves, in classic myth the Choosers of the Slain were every bit goddesses in the same vein as the Greek Furies, Muses and Pleiades. I guess for the X-books, her divine aspect is not something they want to focus on too much.
    She is always being sidelined. She should've been an Avenger before the boys, a Captain over Illyana, and a swordbearer over half-a-Gorgon lol (heck she should also be in X Factor with her death sense). It's not just about liking her more but she actually makes sense in these roles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Surprised yall aren't discussing the Moonstar spotlight in X-Men Monday with upcoming Marvel Voices writer Darcie Little Badger!

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/19/x-...tar-questions/

Rahne is guest-starring and they're introducing a young Native American mutant in the story. Can't wait! Darcie has a great take on Dani and it really renewed a sense of pride in her character and how far she's come.

She is always being sidelined. She should've been an Avenger before the boys, a Captain over Illyana, and a swordbearer over half-a-Gorgon lol (heck she should also be in X Factor with her death sense). It's not just about liking her more but she actually makes sense in these roles.
    Well, at least they’re using her in the upcoming Valkyries miniseries.

The Dani spotlight in the X-Men Monday was great

I love that Darcie just came out and said that Dani is being underutilized right now

CLAREMONTSP2020001_Nauck-var.jpg

"The special will feature art by Brett Booth, Bill Sienkiewicz, and more in a new story featuring Dani Moonstar who is drafted for a mission across time and space for an incredible psychic showdown against the Shadow King."

Dani's powers are BACK!

I really loved the issue, and I thought the writer did a great job of showing Dani as the multi-faceted badass she is. And based on the preview for the upcoming New Mutants, her illusion powers are going to be expanding as well

Her arrow powers still confuse me. She uses one to knock a gun out of someone's hand, but that may have been a coloring mistake since she was carrying a real bow and arrow earlier in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Deodato done it.

Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where is this from?
    Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus #1