Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I love the Demon Bear Saga, but Dani was unconscious for most of it. That's fine after a year and a half of stories showing how capable she was, but this movie is the first time a lot of people will see her, and from what I've seen so far, this isn't going to be a great first impression. Maybe I'm wrong. If I'm not, I just hope it won't affect how she's depicted in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I love the Demon Bear Saga, but Dani was unconscious for most of it. That's fine after a year and a half of stories showing how capable she was, but this movie is the first time a lot of people will see her, and from what I've seen so far, this isn't going to be a great first impression. Maybe I'm wrong. If I'm not, I just hope it won't affect how she's depicted in the comic.
    It’s an important part of Moonstar’s “Call to action” as a hero, but given that NEW MUTANTS is likely a one and done prospect as a movie, it’s a legit concern that Danielle won’t get a chance to be a well rounded character...

Dani in the Empyre preview. Unfortunately Brisson is a writer on here but Zeb Wells and Vita (whom wrote her fabulously in Prisoner X) are also writing. Im hoping the latter 2 ignore what Brisson wrote for her in NM and make use of her illusion powers bc it would suck if all she does is shoot psychic arrows. With so many characters, Im not really expecting much but I'll kill for one good standout moment

At least we should have twenty pages of her in character, even if she doesn't get much to do. And maybe we'll get another panel of her and Warren ignoring each other.

Too bad we never got to see this costume. It's the closest Dani's come to a really good one, even if it doesn't offer much protection.

tumblr_mv7l7q9YgX1rk7w2qo1_540_1.jpg

More badass Dani Moonstar Appreciation...

It's a shame she didn't get her powers back during Age of X, like Chamber did. We might not be getting this stupid arrows only stuff if she had.

Mighty Member

I dont care what brisson say.. Dani is a Quantum Empathic Illusionist with dash of Valkyrie magic.

Quantum?

I still think her illusions are created by micro-telekinesis, just enough to move photons around normally, but enough to make solid "illusions" under extreme circumstances.

I'd be very happy if her death sense proved to be inherited rather than Norse magic.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Has anyone asked JDW on Twitter for clarification of Dani's powers? It doesn't make any sense that only her neural arrows would return, and not the illusions/animal telepathy as well.

I've brought this up before, but in Academy X just before M-Day, she was down to just fear illusions. She explicitly couldn't create Neural Arrows, so it's a little weird that that's all she got when Warlock got her powers turned back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Has anyone asked JDW on Twitter for clarification of Dani's powers? It doesn't make any sense that only her neural arrows would return, and not the illusions/animal telepathy as well.
    Not that I know of, and no, it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I've brought this up before, but in Academy X just before M-Day, she was down to just fear illusions. She explicitly couldn't create Neural Arrows, so it's a little weird that that's all she got when Warlock got her powers turned back on.
    Very weird. The poor girl's been through one power and/or identity crisis after another since she first went to Asgard. She really needs a writer who cares to make sense of it all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Quantum?

I still think her illusions are created by micro-telekinesis, just enough to move photons around normally, but enough to make solid "illusions" under extreme circumstances.

I'd be very happy if her death sense proved to be inherited rather than Norse magic.
    Well she had quantum powers. A quick explanation can be that dani is power at its zenith is the ability to manipulate emotional possibilities and realities. This really would fit how how her powers can be solid and impact reconstruction emotion, project emotion and circulate emotion.

That'd be extremely powerful. I'm not sure I'd want to see them go that route. Look what happens to Nate Grey every time he gets too powerful, for example.

Far better than what we're getting these days, though.

Dani just seems to be one of those characters who some writers have a different take on, powers wise. I have a pretty hard time keeping track of them these days.

I think part of the problem is that some writers aren't sure how to use Dani's powers for fear of making Dani to powerful. They may not be sure if that is a good thing or not is a good thing or a bad thing.
    That's not meant to be a criticism of the writers. I can see how her powers can give people trouble when they are writing her.

Of course, I could be wrong. Obviously I don't know what the X-writers or X-editors are thinking when they create comics, or the stories that they are trying to tell.