Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dani Moonstar, Mirage Appreciation 2020

Newish article on CBR about Dani: https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-mirage-facts-trivia/ Nothing her fans don't know, but it's nice to see her getting some recognition.

So how is her depiction in the new series? I haven't seen much talk about her. (I'm trade waiting, so I can't judge for myself, yet.)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hickman's New Mutants has been a delight. Mirage doesn't have a huge amount of focus, but she's been written well IMO.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-24-2020 at 12:10 PM.

I don't even know what her powers are supposed to be anymore. With all those little infographics they put in X-books, they could have cleared that up.
    In the latest issue, it looked like Kid Omega's psychic Green Lantern constructs, but limited to arrows, which sucks a little bit.

She has gone through so many powers.
    First casting illusions of one's worst fear, which she improved into casting illusions of greatest desire or whatever people were thinking about.
    Then ability to make the illusions real, so basically GL.
    Then neural arrows for whatever reason. Probably to ride on the Psycloke train.
    Then WTF quantum powers.
    At some point Valkyrie pysiscal stats. That was cool.
    And now psychic solid arrows. Meh...

What should be her powerset, for you?

I'd give her the illusion casting, and make the psychic arrows the "focused totallity of her illusion powers".
    People hit with that would not just see illusions, they would live their worst nightmare. Like if they were hit by the Phoenix Genma Ken.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Let's start a petition to make her a Great Captain

BANNED

if i was to make an update to her powers would be to give her powers over emotional energy to her constructs.
    wildstar was a now defunct game with a psychic class that created phsychic constructs with specific emotions to cause effects, yellow birds and flowers for healing, red flames from rage.
    evolving her powers in the direction they were always formed off, emotions, to empower her psychic constructs into something more destructive.
    imagine her draining the fear off a panicking crowd, creating ilusions that soothe them and make them more orderly to move to safety, then from the fear she drained create various ilusions and empower her arrows with more destructive powers, perhaps even summon the big bear herself.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I
    What should be her powerset, for you?

I'd give her the illusion casting, and make the psychic arrows the "focused totallity of her illusion powers".
    People hit with that would not just see illusions, they would live their worst nightmare. Like if they were hit by the Phoenix Genma Ken.
    That's what her arrows used to do, back when Fabian Nicieza introduced them. I agree, she should have both the arrows and illusions.

I liked it when she twisted the illusion of what Empath desired with what he feared and when she used illusions to make her and Sam look like ideal guests at a hotel. Projecting memories was cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Let's start a petition to make her a Great Captain
    Somehow, I doubt that would work. I don't think Dani's going to be a leader again until someone other than Hickman writes her. If then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    if i was to make an update to her powers would be to give her powers over emotional energy to her constructs.
    wildstar was a now defunct game with a psychic class that created phsychic constructs with specific emotions to cause effects, yellow birds and flowers for healing, red flames from rage.
    evolving her powers in the direction they were always formed off, emotions, to empower her psychic constructs into something more destructive.
    imagine her draining the fear off a panicking crowd, creating ilusions that soothe them and make them more orderly to move to safety, then from the fear she drained create various ilusions and empower her arrows with more destructive powers, perhaps even summon the big bear herself.
    Sounds seriously cool.

I'm hoping these Fabian Nicieza rumours are true, and he gets Dani on his book. She was such a badass when he wrote her, and he really got that her fatal flaw was never asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    That would be so amazingly cool.

Amazing Member

Dani and Illyana belong together. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Dani and Illyana belong together. Change my mind.
    Dani need her own harem, Illyana included of course.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Dani stepping up to lead

I always thought Moonstar was such a great name and would make an excellent codename. As a kid I had a cat I named Moonstar.

I love her powers too (her original powers that do not always get used enough). The psychic arrows are cool but I love her illusions. She is a great character and I love that Hickman is using so many of the New Mutants. They are classic characters that deserve a lot of attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dani stepping up to lead

they look so good together in combat, kitty cant even win a battle agaist shaw illyana needs dani