Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

In the CHRIS CLAREMONT ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL, the acclaimed writer returns to the world of the X-Men with a brand-new story. Dani Moonstar is drafted for a mission across time and space for an incredible psychic showdown against the Shadow King—joining forces with other characters created and defined by the pen of Chris Claremont! In this extra-sized milestone issue, Claremont will team up with a host of iconic artists including Brett Booth and reunite with his classic New Mutantscollaborator, Bill Sienkiewicz.
    With this, the solo story and Vita Ayala taking over New Mutants, maybe Dani's finally getting the push she deserves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who's in charge of the girls? DANI IS IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

PERIODT!
    Does this mean that we going to see more of Hela in the New Mutants changes since Claremont himself is involved with this Dani storyline?

Some dope Dani & Brightwind paper cut-out art by heroicpapercraft

tumblr_729ddc157fa62d19ef372d65fdf23cb2_719ed44b_1280.jpg

The close-ups are worth checking out: https://heroicpapercraft.tumblr.com/...-moonstar-with

The Return of the Valkyries announced, and it involves Dani.

https://twitter.com/gronbekk/status/1316018932361261061

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

YES! It looks like Dani is getting a mini push. She has quite a bit of exposure coming up

Oh that looks great and I'll always have a fondness for Valkyrie Dani. Really excited for her and Jane to team-up!

Considering Dani buried them all and helped them crossover, I hope thats acknowledged in this book

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Dani is easily my favorite Valkyrie. I'm thrilled that she's getting some love in the upcoming series.

I'm probably alone in this line of thinking, but I wish they'd consider giving Dani the full Asgardian goddess physique. It could be a transformation that automatically occurs whenever she needs to deploy her Valkyrie powers. As normal Dani, she's 5'6", only 125 lbs., and is no stronger than your average Olympic athlete of the same size and physique. But when she goes into Valkyrie mode she grows to 6'2", weighs 375 lbs and can toss your Tesla down the block like it was a frisbee. Again, not all of the time, just when the Warrior Spirit of the Valkyrie triggers the change. Hmmm...let me see what that looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-16-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who's in charge of the girls? DANI IS IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

PERIODT!
    I'm interested to see how Clamemont will handle her story -- will it be all character or will there be action as well. And if there is action, I wonder how he'll display her powers: the classic emotional based illusion casting, the expanded on psionic constructs she used to do under Louise Simonson (I always looked at it as simply illusions covered with psionic energy like telekinesis that gave it substance) or the wack psychic arrows she mainly use now.
    From the look of the cover and seeing Storm as a kid with Gambit and Carol as Binary, these stories are defiantly untold tales from the past.
    So to answer my own question, I guess Dani will use a combination of her illusion casting and her death sense in some adventure while she was a Valkyrie, maybe when the kids were stuck in Asgard during the New Mutant Special. Too bad her time as a Valkyrie after Inferno was never show in greater detail.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm interested to see how Clamemont will handle her story -- will it be all character or will there be action as well. And if there is action, I wonder how he'll display her powers: the classic emotional based illusion casting, the expanded on psionic constructs she used to do under Louise Simonson (I always looked at it as simply illusions covered with psionic energy like telekinesis that gave it substance) or the wack psychic arrows she mainly use now.
    From the look of the cover and seeing Storm as a kid with Gambit and Carol as Binary, these stories are defiantly untold tales from the past.
    So to answer my own question, I guess Dani will use a combination of her illusion casting and her death sense in some adventure while she was a Valkyrie, maybe when the kids were stuck in Asgard during the New Mutant Special. Too bad her time as a Valkyrie after Inferno was never show in greater detail.
    Says she goes through time and space. Hopefully this is a new present day story and not just a new story set in the past

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Says she goes through time and space. Hopefully this is a new present day story and not just a new story set in the past
    If that is young Storm, it looks like it's set in the past.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Journey through time and space. I think she’s going to transported through times where the Shadow King was present. Shadow King was trying to get de-aged Storm when she met Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    maybe is the X-men Forever and Dani x-men END

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'd hoped for a Untold tales from the past given the visuals of all the characters in various stages of their development under Claremont's pen as the cover art. In particular, I hoped that we would be given a glimpse into Dani's untold time in Asgard leading to her fall " screaming from the skies, an angel cast out of a heaven I didn't belong in" -sidenote, now given that the 10th realm of Heven has been introduced into Asgardian Lore via Angela, it gives up another interpretation of what that quote could mean -.
    However the solicitation for the Claremont Anniversary Special suggests a time travel story causing these periods to be revisited.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chri...l-in-december/
    In the CHRIS CLAREMONT ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL, the acclaimed writer returns to the world of the X-Men with a brand-new story. Dani Moonstar is drafted for a mission across time and space for an incredible psychic showdown against the Shadow King—joining forces with other characters created and defined by the pen of Chris Claremont! In this extra-sized milestone issue, Claremont will team up with a host of iconic artists including Brett Booth and reunite with his classic New Mutants collaborator, Bill Sienkiewicz.