Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Truly, but I don't think Hickman considers her a major player.
    No doubt, they didnt even consider her significant enough to put in the Mark Brooks teaser even if it would have been a red herring

Truly, but I don't think Hickman considers her a major player.
    I thought that Hickman did a good job with Moonstar in his New Mutants stories. She got some interesting panel time, especially her interactions with Sunspot. I think that Hickman likes her well enough.

Plus Dani appeared on that preview art work that showed headshots of characters that Hickman considered to be part of his X-Men.
    So dont lose hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No doubt, they didnt even consider her significant enough to put in the Mark Brooks teaser even if it would have been a red herring
    I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that there would be X-Men with prominent roles who didnt appear on the teaser picture.
    So dont lose hope.

Bringing this over from the "Wrong Codename" thread for Danielle Moonstar posterity...

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Example when Pscyhe was called Spellbinder in X-Men vs Micronauts

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In a lot of cases, it's simply a character being wrong. If I walked up to you and called you Tom and your name was actually Jeff, it doesn't mean I've changed your name. It just means I was wrong.

The Spellbinder one is a bit harder, as it's a narrator saying that rather than any specific character. We can No-Prize it away as her very briefly trying a different codename and soon after deciding she didn't like it and switching back. Therefore, her name WAS Spellbinder ... in maybe two of the files Xavier has on his computer and only for a day and a half.
    Ironically a codename I've had in my head for Dani for a while has been "Dreamcatcher" but diregarded it as too long to be practical. But if "Spellbinder" was under consideration at one point, why not?

Figured this would be a good place to post this Dani-centric post.

I toyed around with a team, during the beginnings of Dawn of X, love the concept, the Five really blew it out the water for me. It left me wondering though, yes we have the shells of the mutants, but what about their souls? This lead me to the beacons of Hel and Limbo.

X-Ternals (Dawn of X)

Dani Moonstar (Valkyrie)
    Siryn (Morrigan)
    Strong Guy (King of Hel)
    Nightcrawler
    Angel (Archangel)
    John Proudstar (necrotia, ghost dance)
    Feral (necrotia, ethereal)
    Threnody (death sense)
    Hope (Limbo beacon)
    Dazzler (Limbo beacon)
    Northstar (Limbo beacon)
    Sunpyre (Limbo beacon)

This team would be established at the Krakoan gates and the main directive would be to guide the souls of the fallen back into the vessels.

I also played around with making there two teams, and have it be a mini-series, split into Deathwatch / Beacons, similar to an X-Ternals Blue & X-Ternals Gold.
    Last edited by iNitro; 08-04-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Im not sure what the purpose of that team is but the souls of a mutant are placed into the shells. Whether you but it or not thats what Hickman wrote in HOX when he explained the resurrection process

Im not sure what the purpose of that team is but the souls of a mutant are placed into the shells. Whether you but it or not thats what Hickman wrote in HOX when he explained the resurrection process
    I read it, but my understanding is that time lapses differently in the realms of Hel/limbo or what-have-you. And there is much content in the journey behind their soul. The purpose of the team would be dispatch through hel, then limbo then to Krakoa. Doing this will have them encounter, trials and opposition? maybe internal angst from the particular soul? I see several different angles. Maybe it would work well with a small mini series run to establish.

Quote Originally Posted by iNitro View Post
    I read it, but my understanding is that time lapses differently in the realms of Hel/limbo or what-have-you. And there is much content in the journey behind their soul. The purpose of the team would be dispatch through hel, then limbo then to Krakoa. Doing this will have them encounter, trials and opposition? maybe internal angst from the particular soul? I see several different angles. Maybe it would work well with a small mini series run to establish.
    What is the point though? Im not getting this. A soul is placed in the body by Xavier. It may not be the original; it may be a portion, but the end result is that the resurrected person is essentially the same as they were before. What you propose seems like it would cause more complications for the distilled process that Hickman described

The directive of the team is to find and locate the souls in dispatch teams, leading them from gate to gate. While on the journey have external opposition, and dive into internal-conflict maybe from the spirit being saved. Hickman touched on it, there is still content/context to be expanded on during a voyage to Xavier. I wasn't aware he had a mutant ability to psion souls into the plane of existence which is what a more fleshed out concept would do. I am all for collaboration, so if you see something I do not instead of outright opposing it, that would be more helpful. I thought of it more of a marathon, like a pass the baton to different stages.

X-ternals: Gold, Beacon
    Dani
    Archangel
    Abyss
    Dazzler
    Threnody
    Hope
    Northstar

X-Ternals: Blue, Deathwatch
    Siryn
    Strong Guy
    Icarus
    John Proudstar
    Feral
    Nightcrawler
    Sunpyre

The reason I dont see that being a thing that would happen is that this entire era is built on the resurrection process that was described in HoX #5. If there are the actual souls out there in the afterlife, then that would break the narrative and thats not something I could see until the end of Hickman's run if he wanted to tear it apart. Right now to search for lost souls would be an unnecesary redundancy

The only way I can see your concept working is if other mutants are found to be unressurrectable like Kitty. Maybe its bc there is an incompatibiliy between Cerebro capturing her memories/soul and placing it in the shell and only the original works. That I can see but not so much broad scale for everyone bc it would have far too many implications that works against this era

As for Xavier having the mutant ability to psion souls, well he doesnt. Hickman didnt flesh it out. The dialogue says that Cerebro is used to place a soul in the shell. I dont quite buy that thats the narrative. Possibly X-Factor will elaborate more

The reason I dont see that being a thing that would happen is that this entire era is built on the resurrection process that was described in HoX #5. If there are the actual souls out there in the afterlife, then that would break the narrative and thats not something I could see until the end of Hickman's run if he wanted to tear it apart. Right now to search for lost souls would be an unnecesary redundancy

The only way I can see your concept working is if other mutants are found to be unressurrectable like Kitty. Maybe its bc there is an incompatibiliy between Cerebro capturing her memories/soul and placing it in the shell and only the original works. That I can see but not so much broad scale for everyone bc it would have far too many implications that works against this era

As for Xavier having the mutant ability to psion souls, well he doesnt. Hickman didnt flesh it out. The dialogue says that Cerebro is used to place a soul in the shell. I dont quite buy that thats the narrative. Possibly X-Factor will elaborate more
    Ok maybe I didn't explain it correctly, but this would be happening behind the scenes as the mutants uncover and find the souls and lead them through gates. Maybe a storyline even establishing why Hel and Limbo were the key realms this is taking place. I think it works quite well with Hickman's run, fleshing out how the soul reaches cerebro. The mutants placed on each team have died before or are beacons/ties to limbo. I still enjoy the idea of this very much, and who better to lead it than Dani for the time being. I'd have her be presented by the captain's as a request, assemble the team breach through the terrain and establish access points, then like a baton bass, voyage with the soul needing to return to Cerebro.

Is anyone else not looking forward to seeing Dani as a damsel in distress in the movie?

Is anyone else not looking forward to seeing Dani as a damsel in distress in the movie?
    I kind of wish that movie was just forgotten. All the whitewashing really threw me off seeing it and I worry how it will impact the NM's chances of proper adaptations.

Forget the movie, everyone just look forward to the next X-Force Epic Collection released in October, it's going to be so X-citing for Dani fans!

Dani was most definitely in distress (and unconscious) during much of the Demon Bear Saga source material. This is the fear warrior facing her greatest fear. She's not at her strongest.
    Seeing the images of Dani at her most vulnerable during the story help me "see" Blu Hunt in the role better.
    The "Damsel" part will depend on how the story plot unfolds and how they've written the resolution of the threat. I'll reserve judgement until I see how Danielle participates in the movies resolution...