Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Except for Dani and Tempo (and Reignfire before he turned out not to be Sunspot), I never really cared for any of the MLF. They all seemed like z-listers from the start.
    Im with you. A poor man's Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (EDIT: Danielle reveals an unscarred visage underneath her MLF costume mask to the surprise of her "former" friends...)

Daaaayum Moonstar was reading Filth and not giving AF(esp Karma) smdh...Didn't have to kill 'em so hard Dani
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Broome's mask had a sort of Asian feel to it. And awww remembering the period where Locus was suspected of being Illyana returned alongside Dani....and Danielle's horse flew without having wings (?)

I had hoped that too until Locus 2.0 debuted...but thank god for Quest for Magik storyline
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Daaaayum Moonstar was reading Filth and not giving AF(esp Karma) smdh...Didn't have to kill 'em so hard Dani
    I had hoped that too until Locus 2.0 debuted...but thank god for Quest for Magik storyline
    Yeah, Dani's always kinda angry, but she was next level back then. I'm still annoyed that we didn't find out what happened in Asgard to make her that way.

He's really good, now in more excited. I'd like to see Dani and James interact, but I think I'd like it more if he got his own story and isn't just a supporting character in Dani's.
    Yeah, I want a Dani solo story and a James/John/Risque story.

Except for Dani and Tempo (and Reignfire before he turned out not to be Sunspot), I never really cared for any of the MLF. They all seemed like z-listers from the start.
    I like Forearm, Thumbelina, and Tempo, but a lot of them have very forgettable design and stories. Reaper and Wildside are especially interchangeable with a lot of characters from that time period (at least in terms of aesthetics). Mutant Liberation Front is a cool group name though. I hope the Krakoa era refurbishes it for something fun.

Mighty Member

thats why I put a few others as not those .. I am sure they could have made a few fresh characters.. I mean King Bedlam, Bedlam and Risque would have been good additions.

Mighty Member

I really like the b side story of Dani's powers as going through transitions. it seems that has been her thing her entire comic book run. I was hoping there would be a reason why. I had hoped the quantum powers plot would have connected the stories and explained stuff but it didnt do that. At least it gave us Dani kicking Magnetos ass one good time.

Yeah, Dani's always kinda angry, but she was next level back then. I'm still annoyed that we didn't find out what happened in Asgard to make her that way.
    Dude.
    Me. Effing.Too!

Like who gives a sh!t about another story about Fantomex and his kooky robot world. Shake things up X-Office lets see some deep cut stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Yeah, I want a Dani solo story and a James/John/Risque story.

I like Forearm, Thumbelina, and Tempo, but a lot of them have very forgettable design and stories. Reaper and Wildside are especially interchangeable with a lot of characters from that time period (at least in terms of aesthetics). Mutant Liberation Front is a cool group name though. I hope the Krakoa era refurbishes it for something fun.
    Dude I love everything about the MLF, the name the acronym, the members I honestly saw them as another group of young mutants who just werent lucky enough to be plucked from a sh!tty situation and into a mansion, or alien ship, or etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    thats why I put a few others as not those .. I am sure they could have made a few fresh characters.. I mean King Bedlam, Bedlam and Risque would have been good additions.
    I like the AoA versions of these guys hella more than the 616 bros. I didnt like that their last name wasnt actually Bedlam....that irked me...I didnt like Jesse's powerset in XForce and he had a funky, unlikable attitude, and wasnt a fan of his hair. His brother was a lil better...esp when he rejected Emma Frost...but the had a weird Pimp Daddy vibe with Tarot and I guess that turned me off. lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Dude.
    Me. Effing.Too!

Like who gives a sh!t about another story about Fantomex and his kooky robot world. Shake things up X-Office lets see some deep cut stories.
    Totally. It's plain stupid that I'm hoping the upcoming solo story might hint at resolving some stuff about Dani's past (like how she got her last name; it's not her parent's name and I've read that doesn't follow traditional naming practices), but I'm hoping, anyway.

My headcannon regarding Asgard is that she fought death to save Bobby when he was being tortured by Gideon, allowing Reignfire to come into existence and ticking off the Norns, because Reignfire could have brought about the future in NM #48. Hence Dani joining the MLF to stop him. It doesn't explain why Dani didn't know Reignfire wasn't Sunspot, though...

Dude I love everything about the MLF, the name the acronym, the members I honestly saw them as another group of young mutants who just werent lucky enough to be plucked from a sh!tty situation and into a mansion, or alien ship, or etc etc
    I can see the appeal in that, but it still doesn't make the actual characters more interesting to me.

I like the AoA versions of these guys hella more than the 616 bros. I didnt like that their last name wasnt actually Bedlam....that irked me...I didnt like Jesse's powerset in XForce and he had a funky, unlikable attitude, and wasnt a fan of his hair. His brother was a lil better...esp when he rejected Emma Frost...but the had a weird Pimp Daddy vibe with Tarot and I guess that turned me off. lol
    Yeah, I felt about the same. What was their last name? I've completely forgotten.

Jesse powers in X-Force were very meh. They should have given him some kind of Miles Morales venom shock because otherwise he was pretty useless. They gave him H2H skills through plot device but I don't think that was enough. He could be useful in a mission against ORCHIS now.

Yeah, I felt about the same. What was their last name? I've completely forgotten.
    Lonestar, her grandfather named her Moonstar, I just figured that it was her true name and Danielle was just something they put on her birth certificate to avoid scaring the white people.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

No, I meant the Bedlam brothers last name.

From what I understand, Cheyenne names are always adjective-noun, not noun-noun. An easy mistake for Claremont to make, but I'd like to see an explanation, even if it's just "Mom was a Hippie."

That's because they hardly developed the villain teams like the MLF or Magneto's Acolytes or Sinister Nasty Boys in the 90s. With the exceptions of Exodus, Fabian Cortez and Voght, most of the screen time was reserved for the Big Bads. And the sad thing was some of them had great potential. Too bad they routinely got their asses handed to them by the X-Teams when the Big guns weren't around. I miss when the X-Men had to struggle against teams like the 80s Brotherhood, the Hellfire Club and Hellions.

No, I meant the Bedlam brothers last name.

From what I understand, Cheyenne names are always adjective-noun, not noun-noun. An easy mistake for Claremont to make, but I'd like to see an explanation, even if it's just "Mom was a Hippie."
    Oh I thought Bedlam was their last name.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That's because they hardly developed the villain teams like the MLF or Magneto's Acolytes or Sinister Nasty Boys in the 90s. With the exceptions of Exodus, Fabian Cortez and Voght, most of the screen time was reserved for the Big Bads. And the sad thing was some of them had great potential. Too bad they routinely got their asses handed to them by the X-Teams when the Big guns weren't around. I miss when the X-Men had to struggle against teams like the 80s Brotherhood, the Hellfire Club and Hellions.
    And there was Emplate's Hellions and later Bedlam's New Hellions. The 90s did introduce alot of underdeveloped villian groups..

Mighty Member

Much love to Dani.. May she get her due sooner than later.. But yall pouring all types of salt on Jesse .. like his powers are not horrible. At first his em fields only impacted technology later he learned to use it against people. So he was versatile... Now the fighting skills being downloaded into was a little trite but its trope of people who want to learn to fight learn asap.. Betsy from British rose to ass kicking ninja was a variation of this.

As far as their last name its always been Aaronson. Bedlam is what their powers do to telepathy and machines.