Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I haven't read many comics featuring Dani Moonstar -- mostly because I was a Spidey kid, not an X-kid -- but as I've gotten to know her better over the years, it seems clear to me that she could be a breakout star for Marvel if they ever decided to truly push the character. She's got a great name, with unique perspective and a history full of different adventures, adversaries, and powers. Something small and focus just on her in the world could make for an amazing solo.

-Pav, who doesn't think many X-characters have enough to break away from team comics...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I haven't read many comics featuring Dani Moonstar -- mostly because I was a Spidey kid, not an X-kid -- but as I've gotten to know her better over the years, it seems clear to me that she could be a breakout star for Marvel if they ever decided to truly push the character. She's got a great name, with unique perspective and a history full of different adventures, adversaries, and powers. Something small and focus just on her in the world could make for an amazing solo.

-Pav, who doesn't think many X-characters have enough to break away from team comics...
    True! And she's got the Asgard connections, the X-men connections and she was also briefly involved in the Initiative. She just deserves a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats beautiful

I didnt realize Dani was going to be in Empyre, but I am pumped now. Hopefully she does use her illusions there bc its stupid that they would give her a power downgrade
    Thank you!

Yeah, she's on the cover of issue #3, hopefully something good will come of it. Replace Quentin with Sunspot and I could get behind that group in an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    True! And she's got the Asgard connections, the X-men connections and she was also briefly involved in the Initiative. She just deserves a chance to shine.
    She was an agent of SHIELD, too. The girl's not being given nearly enough chances to shine, these days.

Dani should be the next Captain America, the incel rage would be beautiful to behold.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani should be the next Captain America, the incel rage would be beautiful to behold.
    There was an excellent alternate future fanfiction a long time back 'All God's Children', where Dani was dating Captain America

Somehow, I just can't see that happening...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

At this point, I wish Moonstar would move on from the New Mutants. Would love to see her branch out to another team now, and interact with the larger X-Community. Dani definitely has a ton of solo potential. So many facets to the character that a writer could explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    At this point, I wish Moonstar would move on from the New Mutants. Would love to see her branch out to another team now, and interact with the larger X-Community. Dani definitely has a ton of solo potential. So many facets to the character that a writer could explore.
    She would be perfect in X-Factor with the team investigating deaths

Does she still have her death sense now that she's not a real Valkyrie?

They could give it back to her pretty easily, of course. Just say she was a Valkyrie because she had a connection to death instead of having a connection to death because she was a Valkyrie. Her grandfather foresaw his own death, after all. Or her powers predicted his death. That scene could be read either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Does she still have her death sense now that she's not a real Valkyrie?

They could give it back to her pretty easily, of course. Just say she was a Valkyrie because she had a connection to death instead of having a connection to death because she was a Valkyrie. Her grandfather foresaw his own death, after all. Or her powers predicted his death. That scene could be read either way.
    Who knows? Dani has been severely underutilized. One might say that it was her psychic connection to Rahne that sensed her death but it could easily be retconned as being bc of her death sense as a Valkyrie.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Dani would have been a wonderful addition to X-Factor. Maybe things will pick up for her over in New Mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Dani would have been a wonderful addition to X-Factor. Maybe things will pick up for her over in New Mutants.
    We’ve already lost Sam and Berto.

No reason to lose Dani too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Brisson isn't using her

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I'd much rather Dani be sent to a writer that actually cares about her.

Honestly the current incarnation of the book doesnt feel like New Mutants and probably should have been a new volume of Generation X and rotated between different casts of younger characters. Dani's outgrown "New Mutants" as a concept save the occasional reunions which we did get with Hickman's run. That was a special case as the team was sent to get an old teammate. They should have dispersed after with Dani finding a role in X-Factor or X-Force. NM has too many damn characters and Dani isnt at near the top when it comes to writer interests