Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Please, MFF it's the only game I play and it's really good. They should release an Epic Quest for The New Mutants, I mean many of them are in different games already, Magik in like all of them, Sunspot and Warlock in Contest of Champions, Wolfsbane in Puzzle Quest and now Mirage in Super War.
    They should.

EQ quest character - Cannonball (speed)
    New characters: Dani (blast), Sunspot (combat, shifter), Wolfsbane (combat)
    New costume: Magik - classic design
    Native T2 - Warlock (universal)

Now that Bobby and Sam are spending their time in space, I wish they add James on the team as the added brick. I liked Dani and his interactions in the 80s and 90s X-Force. Plus they can show him reconnecting with John (who's back, right?).

As for that game, it really show that Dani had such a wonderful look, but I guess Jane has to be the only Valkyrie or whatever. In my mind, letting Dani keep her Valkyrie connection wouldn't have effected Jane one way or another. Maybe because Marvel (Arron) only wanted Jane to have the winged house, even though Jane's omni-weapon thing can make wings so she can fly on her own.

With her powers, I wish writers would play up her illusion casting more, instead of the psyche arrows bit. Or even using her empathic powers more. Speaking of which, I wonder if she could have created an empathic/telepathic bond with other animalistic mutants like Catseye, Feral or Wildchild?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    thats why I put a few others as not those .. I am sure they could have made a few fresh characters.. I mean King Bedlam, Bedlam and Risque would have been good additions.
    Nope . It was in fact these sort of lame characters along with the lame sucky artwork that pretty much sank this particular run of the book. To put bluntly despite what people like you run around claiming, the New Mutants had pretty much become downright horrible at this point in time largely due to above mentioned stupidity.

This should be obvious to anyone when you see just how fast this title crashes and burns whenever it tries returning to any of this garbage in any form.
    Last edited by c-lei; 09-01-2020 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

So her kit reads as follows ! :

Abilities
    Moonstar is a marksman hero. Her powers allow her to tame monsters to assist her in battle, through which she can activate various abilities depending on the type of monster tamed. She also converts psionic energy into arrows to attack her enemies.

Natural Passive: Telepathic Empathy
    Passive: Moonstar can tame monsters to assist her in battle while receiving EXP and Coins from them. The tamed monsters help attack Moonstar's enemy targets, and taming different monsters activates different abilities for Moonstar.
    Tame the Muspelheim Spider or Wendigo to assist her in battle and activate the Terror Shot ability.
    Tame the Mindless One or Man-Thing to assist her in battle and activate the Resist Death ability.

Ability 1: Psionic Volley
    Passive: Moonstar marks enemies and gains vision of them when she and her tamed monsters deal damage to them. Marks stack up to 5 times.
    Active: Moonstar releases her Psionic Volley, dealing multiple attacks to marked targets within range and causing Physical Damage. The number of attacks equals the number of marks stacked. When Moonstar and her tamed monsters move toward a marked target, their movement speed increases.

Ability 2: Neural Arrows
    Moonstar charges in the specified direction, shooting arrows at a maximum of 3 nearby enemies, dealing physical damage and slowing them while increasing her own attack speed.

Ability 3: Terror Shot
    Moonstar's next three basic attacks deal extra damage, with the third attack inflicting fear on the target.

Ability 3: Resist Death
    Moonstar gains a shield and an acceleration effect. At the end of the shield's duration, any remaining shield value converts into an equal amount of HP.

Ability 4: Hela's Embrace
    Moonstar embraces Hela's dark power, increasing her attack and attack speed while reducing the cooldown of her Psionic Volley ability. She also enhances her tamed monsters by increasing their attack speed and movement speed.

Using her animal empathy to make her a monster tamer is a nice choice

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

So her kit reads as follows ! :

Abilities
    Moonstar is a marksman hero. Her powers allow her to tame monsters to assist her in battle, through which she can activate various abilities depending on the type of monster tamed. She also converts psionic energy into arrows to attack her enemies.

Natural Passive: Telepathic Empathy
    Passive: Moonstar can tame monsters to assist her in battle while receiving EXP and Coins from them. The tamed monsters help attack Moonstar's enemy targets, and taming different monsters activates different abilities for Moonstar.
    Tame the Muspelheim Spider or Wendigo to assist her in battle and activate the Terror Shot ability.
    Tame the Mindless One or Man-Thing to assist her in battle and activate the Resist Death ability.

Ability 1: Psionic Volley
    Passive: Moonstar marks enemies and gains vision of them when she and her tamed monsters deal damage to them. Marks stack up to 5 times.
    Active: Moonstar releases her Psionic Volley, dealing multiple attacks to marked targets within range and causing Physical Damage. The number of attacks equals the number of marks stacked. When Moonstar and her tamed monsters move toward a marked target, their movement speed increases.

Ability 2: Neural Arrows
    Moonstar charges in the specified direction, shooting arrows at a maximum of 3 nearby enemies, dealing physical damage and slowing them while increasing her own attack speed.

Ability 3: Terror Shot
    Moonstar's next three basic attacks deal extra damage, with the third attack inflicting fear on the target.

Ability 3: Resist Death
    Moonstar gains a shield and an acceleration effect. At the end of the shield's duration, any remaining shield value converts into an equal amount of HP.

Ability 4: Hela's Embrace
    Moonstar embraces Hela's dark power, increasing her attack and attack speed while reducing the cooldown of her Psionic Volley ability. She also enhances her tamed monsters by increasing their attack speed and movement speed.
    Thanks for this. I appreciate that they added her but she looks boring to play in that video. I hate that all her attacks are arrow based. They missed the mark to give her melee moves. Like they couldnt give her a valkyrie sword for variation? I think at least one active attack being illusion based should have been a thing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Using her animal empathy to make her a monster tamer is a nice choice
    yeah im a fan off the star symbol that she creates on the enemies to stack up her psionic volley, the way she shoots a vollet of psionic arrows into the air and it falls down like stars is ADORABLE, its a cute touch that is a bit on the nose with her name, but the best branding is on the nose :P

overall very satisfied but its not a global game yet ((, while upsetting its nice to see her being introduced to new people <3

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice! Really creative how they incorporated Dani's Mutant/Valkyrie abilities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks for this. I appreciate that they added her but she looks boring to play in that video. I hate that all her attacks are arrow based. They missed the mark to give her melee moves. Like they couldnt give her a valkyrie sword for variation? I think at least one active attack being illusion based should have been a thing
    Youre're talking about something that really isn't an issue,because you're not a game designer. It's fairly obvious the reason Dani doesn't have a valkyrie sword or illusion powers is because it doesn't fit her role in the game as they envision it. Seems she's *NOT* intended to be a melee fighter in the game. Simple as that.

Looks like playing her character is going to require actual thought and skill.

Also her game costume should really be her official New Mutant outfit.
    Last edited by c-lei; 09-02-2020 at 05:30 AM.

BANNED

I like that her native heritage part of the costume is in the details and patterns of the cloth than just leather fringes everywhere, the former can feel a bit costumy and stereotypical at times, id much rather have native american patterns in pieces of cloth/cape/jacket in her costume

BANNED

her alternate costume is dope!!

Thats a deep cut. The Academy X look one isnt a costume that ever gets referenced

Thats a deep cut. The Academy X look one isnt a costume that ever gets referenced
    Academy X in general doesn't get referenced much. But between this and Pixie being in the game it seems like these Chinese developers may be fans

Vita is taking over as writer for NM. Considering the great work that they did for her in Prisoner X, I'm looking forward to see whats in store for real Dani going forward

Dani and James BETTER interact in that
    What makes the news even better is that James will be joining New Mutants so they WILL be interacting in the future
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-14-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Who's in charge of the girls? DANI IS IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

PERIODT!