Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Found this design for Dani on a lark. Kinda digging it... individualized but still in the NM colors, perhaps a bit too nondescript to be a solo breakout look but the poncho gives her a strong silhouette.

Found the artist DIMA IVANOV https://instagram.com/dimaiv_nov?igshid=1i40on1y2mygp
    and this design for a Phoenix’d Dani

This look is fire. Yes please.

Dani looks amazing in those

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This look is fire. Yes please.
    This is so pretty.. Gives me a bit of Phx iconography.. I will say I did like Heel Dani look a bit in the MLF run just because that mask was bad ass lol I know folks hate it but I would love to combine the looks a bit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I always thought Moonstar was such a great name and would make an excellent codename. As a kid I had a cat I named Moonstar.

I love her powers too (her original powers that do not always get used enough). The psychic arrows are cool but I love her illusions. She is a great character and I love that Hickman is using so many of the New Mutants. They are classic characters that deserve a lot of attention.
    What are Dani's current powers?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    What are Dani's current powers?
    Presumably the same as they were before she lost them. She was repowered in Rosenberg's run but all we have seen her do is shoot psychic arrows. I want to seem a writer get creative with her powers and have her do large scale illusions. When I saw Jean do this in Dani, I thought it would have been a perfect trick to see Dani do

[img]

There's no reason she cant recreate a scene from a person's memories. She did something similar in X-Force in the 90s

I want to see her do this as a way around traditional telepathy. Haveher scan a person'a mind and have their thoughts/memories play out in front of her

Also considering her illusions can be lifelike as in the above scan, she should be able to combine them with the same pain thats exerted when she uses her arrows. She should be able to cause psychosomatic
    distress in the way that Lady Mastermind does
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-13-2020 at 03:03 PM.

I want to see her revisit this costume and mask!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Presumably the same as they were before she lost them. She was repowered in Rosenberg's run but all we have seen her do is shoot psychic arrows. I want to seem a writer get creative with her powers and have her do large scale illusions. When I saw Jean do this in Dani, I thought it would have been a perfect trick to see Dani do

There's no reason she cant recreate a scene from a person's memories. She did something similar in X-Force in the 90s

I want to see her do this as a way around traditional telepathy. Haveher scan a person'a mind and have their thoughts/memories play out in front of her
    Claremont took it a step further in his Revolution stint on the books before Dani was depowered. She ventured into outright Psychometry territory by reading and replaying events from the psychic residue at a location.
    Sign her up for X-Factor!
    Alas psychic arrows are a more “exciting” visual hook. That’s not too much of a knock because the archer visual, psychic or ordinary, kept Dani viable over the years.

Mighty Member

As far as Dani's powers.. I wish a writer would make sense of all of her power changes and abilities as a natural progression to finally have her powers doing something different and unique. While I think Dani should always have a empathy and touch of telepathy( she is animal telepath), I think her main powers should be illusion manipulation. I think a neat way to think about her powers is how DC comic's looked at the abilities of Projectra..

Below is how they frame her powers. We could simply add that her powers are telempathic based Illusions ( a blend of telepathy and empathy that impact all of the 5 senses as well as the emotional state of someone)

Illusion Casting: When first introduced, she projected illusions. After her powers were increased, her illusions became so realistic that the subject of them could not tell reality from her projections. She was now able to effect all of the senses and could shut them down, effectively isolating a person in a prison of their own mind. She was also granted the power to see through the illusions of the world, be they illusions of size, or distance, or time, or even death.[1]

I think Dani has done a lot of this already especially as it regards the illusion of Death as Dani has battled death on a few occasions. I think this is a good way to think about her powers.

I forgot about that. Yeah, her illusions can be pulled from a person's thoughts or psychic residue they leave in an area. We need a writer to explore this

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I will say I did like Heel Dani look a bit in the MLF run just because that mask was bad ass lol I know folks hate it but I would love to combine the looks a bit.
    The MLF Moonstar look had potential initially. Not sure if design should be credited to Greg Capullo (series regular artist who did the cover of the costumes debut -albeit the look was concealed in shadow- or Matt Broome who did the interior art)
    And I actually LIKED Dani in red. And I thought the full mask was so different and mysterious. I could see it working again with all of Dani’s scary Valkyrie vibes.

But once the look got extra cleavage-y and added Spidey style eyes...it had taken a turn.

The eventual yellow version was only meh... and then the mask went away....
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-13-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Remember the dropped sub-plot about Dani's crush on Sunspot?

I was looking through some old issues for a thing I'm writing and yeah, I had totally blocked that from my memory. It seems so... weird. If you'd have asked me before, I'd even have picked those two out as the most platonic and least sexually compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Remember the dropped sub-plot about Dani's crush on Sunspot?

I was looking through some old issues for a thing I'm writing and yeah, I had totally blocked that from my memory. It seems so... weird. If you'd have asked me before, I'd even have picked those two out as the most platonic and least sexually compatible.
    What crush?
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rereading my Classic New mutants during lockdown and I really loved this character-focused issue by Claremont.
    New Mutants 41 cov.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Dani showed some jealousy (might be too strong of a word) when Berto was interacting with Amara. This was a little bit after Nova Roma, and they were having a cookout I believe.