Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Presumably the same as they were before she lost them. She was repowered in Rosenberg's run but all we have seen her do is shoot psychic arrows. I want to seem a writer get creative with her powers and have her do large scale illusions. When I saw Jean do this in Dani, I thought it would have been a perfect trick to see Dani do

There's no reason she cant recreate a scene from a person's memories. She did something similar in X-Force in the 90s

Awwww I loved this issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Claremont took it a step further in his Revolution stint on the books before Dani was depowered. She ventured into outright Psychometry territory by reading and replaying events from the psychic residue at a location.
    Sign her up for X-Factor!
    Alas psychic arrows are a more “exciting” visual hook. That’s not too much of a knock because the archer visual, psychic or ordinary, kept Dani viable over the years.
    Ugh I hated how Claremont wrote her in that issue...totally made moonstar look weak/incompetent in a fight
    The MLF Moonstar look had potential initially. Not sure if design should be credited to Greg Capullo (series regular artist who did the cover of the costumes debut -albeit the look was concealed in shadow- or Matt Broome who did the interior art)
    And I actually LIKED Dani in red. And I thought the full mask was so different and mysterious. I could see it working again with all of Dani’s scary Valkyrie vibes.

But once the look got extra cleavage-y and added Spidey style eyes...it had taken a turn.

The eventual yellow version was only meh... and then the mask went away....
    Good God I agree with this whole post....I looooved her MLF costume...but the cleavage scared me lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Awwww I loved this issue!

Ugh I hated how Claremont wrote her in that issue...totally made moonstar look weak/incompetent in a fight

Good God I agree with this whole post....I looooved her MLF costume...but the cleavage scared me lol
    Dani should be living with the MLF in the Sextant. While Amara and Jimmy should be living with the other Hellions.

I'm still waiting on Dani to have her reunion with Forearm. Until then, I have Fanart
    Also, I kinda want to see her make psychic axes. I think it'd be dope to see her fight with sharp offensive weapons (assuming the constructs she currently makes are solid, we really need some clarification on that)

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Also, I kinda want to see her make psychic axes. I think it'd be dope to see her fight with sharp offensive weapons (assuming the constructs she currently makes are solid, we really need some clarification on that)
    Psychic axes would be great. It's a little ridiculous watching her use a bow and arrow in close-range combat.

Especially when we know she can use a sword or spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Psychic axes would be great. It's a little ridiculous watching her use a bow and arrow in close-range combat.
    The Hawkeyes do just find and their best trick arrows don’t move at the speed of thought.
    Also we’ve seen Dani more than capable of using her bow as a bludgeon etc.

The Hawkeyes do just find and their best trick arrows don’t move at the speed of thought.
    Also we’ve seen Dani more than capable of using her bow as a bludgeon etc.
    Her bow is psionic though and doesnt do that. She only used a real bow in that issue bc she had no powers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her bow is psionic though and doesnt do that. She only used a real bow in that issue bc she had no powers
    Dani has used physical bows paired with psionic arrows before. See her time with the MLF right up until she was de-powered on M-Day...
    (WHY she did so is another question)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-13-2020 at 12:15 AM. Reason: correcting typo in psionic

Dani has used physical bows paired with psi on it arrows before. See her time with the MLF right up until she was de-powered on M-Day...
    (WHY she did so is another question)
    LOL...that makes absolutely no sense

Mighty Member

Maybe forge could fashion her a retractable and extendable bow .. that she could power with her abilities to short psionic and concussive arrows and then adjust it for close and mid range combat. It could be the Bow version of Gambit's bo stick but Dani with various weapons would make a lot of sense. She could have a bow, spear, a shord, and even an axe.

I like Dani using a physical bow with psionic arrows. If she's doing the whole "focused totality of her psychic power" thing then it'd be a waste to create a bow when she should be concentrating her power into the arrows. It also gives her variety, of she has a regular bow then she can also use actual arrows or trick arrows in case she runs into one of those roaming power dampeners.

Not crazy about her using psychic axes, too similar to Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat. I'd bring back the Cheyenne Ghost Staff for close combat instead

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I like Dani using a physical bow with psionic arrows. If she's doing the whole "focused totality of her psychic power" thing then it'd be a waste to create a bow when she should be concentrating her power into the arrows. It also gives her variety, of she has a regular bow then she can also use actual arrows or trick arrows in case she runs into one of those roaming power dampeners.

Not crazy about her using psychic axes, too similar to Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat. I'd bring back the Cheyenne Ghost Staff for close combat instead
    Ive never been fond of the idea of saddling Dani with a tribal weapon both because it seemed like an oversimplification of her abilities in favor of a quick hook and also because it seemed kind of a patrician cliche nod to her heritage. However looking back, the arrow iconography has been with Monster since almost the beginning...

But I do think Dani should be adept with many weapons since her powers required supplementation to make her an asskicking hero even before she lost them.

BANNED

I prefer her using a spear or a two handed sword alongside her bow.

I really want them to emphasize the psi-adjacent quality of her powers like especially with the current arc of new mutants it would make so much sense . we need some rep for telepathic feats that aren't like omega level or close to it lol like lets see her get crafty with it

the bow and arrows are fine and looked cute drawn by Reis but it feels like a cop out .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love her using a bow and arrow as a signature weapon...real or psionic. Now, as in back in the day. It really shows the connection, the pride and self acceptance, the understanding and appreciation she has for herself, her people and her history.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!