Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Default April 2020 Solicitations

Marvel's Solicitations for April 2020 are finally out and nobody has made a thread yet, so... I'm gonna.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...ns-april-2020/
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member

Mark me down for both POWER PACK #1 & NEW WARRIORS #1; as well as for the Issues tying into the A4: EMYIRE Event....!!!

Astonishing Member

X–MEN #10
    FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    WOLVERINE #3
    X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #1 (OF 2)
    GIANT–SIZE X–MEN: NIGHTCRAWLER #1
    MARVEL #2 (OF 6)
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: MARVELS SNAPSHOT #1
    X–MEN: MARVELS SNAPSHOT #1
    SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: ALIEN REALITY #5 (OF 5)
    VENOM #25
    BLACK CAT #11
    RAVENCROFT #4 (OF 5)
    DR. STRANGE #5
    DOCTOR DOOM #7
    IMMORTAL HULK: THE THRESHING PLACE #1
    IMMORTAL HULK #34
    AVENGERS #33
    GHOST RIDER #7

Maybe:
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #15

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Looking forward to Eve Ewing's take on The Champions. Her Riri run was really good and I liked the way she wrote Miles and Nadia when they guest starred, so I think she'll have a good feel for the others as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm going to have to see what they do with Moon Knight over in Avengers, but having him be some kind of Khonshu warlord doesn't look the best....

Extraordinary Member

The New Warriors has my interest with the vampire character.

Definitely:
    X–MEN #10
    CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #1 - I'm getting the first issues of all the X-series, but... uh... I don't know about this. I'm oping these guys are the result of the modern incarnation of Sinister's Chimera program, since it's implied he's gonna be mixing genes soon in Incoming #1 -- and we know he wants to do that thanks to HoX/PoX -- and not stuff based in the x2 or x3 timelines which barely had a point other than to raise the stakes.
    X–FACTOR #1 - Said this before and I'll say it again, the alck of Jamie Madrox is a criminal crime perpetrated by criminals. (Yes, I know some other writer apparently has dibs on him). But also, not digging the team. I like Northstar, Polaris, Rachel and KINDA Prodigy, but Eye Boy being lame gets old after like a panel and Daken I'm assuming will just be the token evil guy being a dick.
    X–MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (OF 4) - Aside from my concern with Zdarsky's handling of Doom after Marvel 2-In-One, I expect this to be good.
    GIANT–SIZE X–MEN: NIGHTCRAWLER #1
    NEW MUTANTS #10 - Not sure how keen I am on Brisson handling the OG New Mutants, because I've been enjoying his Earth-based team a lot more. Though if he's gonna bring Boom-Boom with him, I'm game for that.
    WEB OF VENOM: WRAITH #1 - I don't care about Wraith, but it's Web of Venom and it's Cates writing it and this sounds interesting, so... sure.
    VENOM #25
    THOR #5

BLACK PANTHER VOL. 3: THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA PART ONE HC - FINALLY! I read this run in OHCs, so this wait has been killing me, especially since the last arc was very underwhelming compared to A Nation Under Our Feet.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE OMNIBUS HC - HOLY ****, that was quick! Like... is this the fastest that anything has ever gotten an omnibus?!
    X-FORCE BY BENJAMIN PERCY VOL. 1 TPB - Percy really surprised me with this.
    X-MEN MILESTONES: NECROSHA TPB - I was never able to track down that hardcover, so **** it.

Maybe:
    POWER PACK #1 (OF 5) - I like Ryan North, I like the Power Pack (well, whenever I've seen them as guest stars, anyway) and I like their new designs that I've seen... but it's a miniseries so I might just trade-wait it.
    HELLIONS #2 - Please be good, please be good!
    CABLE #2 - "Polygamy and psychics... Scott would be proud..." I made that joke when I saw this cover thinking it was just that, I didn't think he was actually dating them! Also, please be good, because I mostly like Kid Cable... at least when Ed Brisson is writing him. Curious how Duggan does, and if he's more played for laughs like in X-Men... which he probably is because Duggan.
    WOLVERINE #3 - Probably the series I have the least interest in, but who knows, maybe Percy will surprise me. He has on X-Force, so...

NEW MUTANTS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN VOL. 1 TPB - I really didn't enjoy this as much as the Brisson stuff, so it depends how it ends. The "vol. 1" though... so... Hickman's gonna stay on the series with Brisson? Legit... I would prefer Brisson just take over completely.
    WOLVERINE: WEAPON X TPB (NEW PRINTING) - I don't actually own this physically and probably should.
    YOUNG AVENGERS BY GILLEN & MCKELVIE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - As a big Young Avengers fan, I REALLY didn't like this when I first read it... might give it another go.
    SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION: RESURRECTION TPB - Never got up to this in my read of this series, though I think I skimmed some issues, Still want to read all of the series, though.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-24-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

I skimmed GotG #1 this past week and got turned off by the amount of dialogue and that it seemed like it was leading into Empyre... seems I was correct. Yeah, I'm still hungover from Absolute Carnage, so I'm gonna sit this out. Also, because Slott.

Anyone else find it weird that the Spider-Man tie-in to Empyre lists Green Goblin and Red Goblin like they're two different characters? I mean, when they say "Gren Goblin", they're obviously talkinga bout Norman, so... yeah. There's a chance it's taking the piss (because of Itsy Bitsy)... but Kindred is a character they've actually built up and want you to care about.

Oh yeah... Outlawed... So that's two crossover thingies... well, three with Iron Man 2020... jeez.

If you wanna push that Kelly Thompson is a good writer for Black Widow, I'd have mentioned Hawkeye rather than the Captain Marvel stuff. Also, as long as it isn't about Nat's sketchy past and shutting down another soldier/assassin program or a story about her having to let her guard down, I might give it a go in trade.

That God Loves, Man Kills thing sounds... random.

I still hate Spider-Woman's new outfit.

Spencer's run feels so bloated from its specials and decimal issues... it made me so sick of Hunted about a quarter of the way through. And yes, I say this as someone who buys all of Cates' Venom stuff! But... if this is part of the kindred stuff, I might care. I swear, if OMD isn't addressed directly... like, not even undone, just addressed directly...

That Black Cat #11 cover... Holy crap, a J. Scott Campbell cover I don't cringe even a little at! Good job!

I liked Sandoval on the Scream miniseries, but the ongoing is just kind of all over the place in terms of writing, and it's kind of too little too late for me.

I hate the dumb lightsaber they gave Phyla. Why would you ruin the perfect design from before?!

That Immortal Hulk #34 cover was something to scroll past, I'll tell you what.

I enjoy Savage Avengers more than I thought I would and am hoping it doesn't end at issue 12.

That Moon Knight story in Avengers sounds like it will either be awesome or complete garbage. It's Aaron so I can at least assume I'm getting mad hyper violence. Maybe it'll lead into an ongoing like what happened with Invaders, Agents of Wakanda and sort of Ghost Rider. I think Ed Brisson, Donny Cates, Jason Aaron, Benjamin Percy or Ethan Sacks would be okay on it, though I doubt Cates would take it.

Okay, that Ghost Rider cover... I now like the sword. Legit, that's all you needed to show me about whatever Danny is now.

We always talk about the cycle of revenge between Daredevil and Kingpin, but we never talk about the dance offs.

Good to see Aphra relaunched. Hopefully Wong gets the character right. Also, glad to see an Asian writer on an Asian character at the Big Two.

Okay, I feel like Marvel regret not giving Cates' Venom regular hardcovers sooner, because at that price... for $10USD more you can just get the first OHC and get the second arc too.

I was expecting Fallen Angels to end -- not be cancelled, since Hill said it wasn't, but end -- after the first six issues, so that "vol. 1" gives me hope. Even though I have VERY mixed thoughts on the series and find the execution lacking, I want it to be good and like Bryan Hill.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-24-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Regular pulls:

Oh, lol. That thread title did not help me. I just look for April Solicitations in thread titles and arrange by descending.

Regular pulls:

Empyre #1-2
    Empyre #0 Avengers
    Guardians of the Galaxy #4
    Thor #5
    Giant Size X-Men: Nightcrawler #1
    Wolverine #3
    X-Force #10
    X-Men #10
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

TRUE BELIEVERS: INTRODUCING THE BLACK WIDOW #1
    Reprinting material from Tales of Suspense (1959) #52–53
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW – RED GUARDIAN #1
    Reprinting Avengers (1963) #43
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW & THE AMAZING SPIDER–MAN #1
    Reprinting Amazing Spider–Man (1963) #86
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW – AMAZING ADVENTURES #1
    Reprinting material from Amazing Adventures (1970) #1–2
    X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #1 (OF 2)
    MARVELS X #4 (of 6)
    FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE NAME IS DOOM TPB

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Oh, lol. That thread title did not help me. I just look for April Solicitations in thread titles and arrange by descending.
    Yeah, the thread title should've been "Marvel Solicitations for April, where are they?", not "marvel for April where is it". But I didn't make the thread, I only posted the solicitations when they turned up - and the thread never got replied to before this one was created, so clearly you're not the only one who missed it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'll be getting: Empyre #1 and #2, Empyre #0 Avengers, Empyre Handbook #1, Marvel Zombies Resurrection #1, True Believers: Introducing the Black Widow #1, True Believers: Black Widow and The Avengers#1, True Believers: Black Widow-Taskmaster #1, Taskmaster #1, The Punisher Vs. Barracuda #1, Iron Man 2020 #4, Rescue #2, Force Works 2020 #3, 2020 Iron Heart #1, Black Cat #11, Avengers #33, Aero #10, Tarot: Avengers/Defenders TPB and Heroes Reborn: Avengers TPB. Very big month for me.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

DOCTOR DOOM #7
    DR. STRANGE #5
    FANTASTIC FOUR # 666
    FF/X-MEN #4

And something going on with the plethora of Empyre tie-ins. There's a series, an FF side mini, and regular series tie-ins.