Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It does seem that the main thing that makes Black Cat different is her relationship with Peter. That would be tough to replicate in a solo film.

We've also seen more of her parents, although her mother hasn't been mentioned recently.

Thing is, that Catwoman movie has been so maligned, that a Black Cat film will stand out just if it has a really good script. Play up the fact that she's a FUN femme fatale and do whatever it takes to make the movie inventive and engaging ( I know, easier said than done).

Make folks go, "Yeah, she's another sexy cat burglar...but this movie's GOOD."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    No offense, but the bolded is not correct at all. The writer is mis-informed.
    You sure? Because wikipedia says the same thing.

The Black Cat is sometimes mistakenly considered an homage to DC's Catwoman,[7] yet Felicia Hardy's signature low-cut black costume, cat burglar profession, and steady relationship to Spider-Man predate Selina Kyle's similar depiction in comics by almost a decade. Catwoman originally appeared in comics as "the Cat", a maskless pickpocket in a green dress and unrequited love interest for Batman,[8] but later became a supervillain who used big cats for elaborate crimes.[9] Although she was eventually given a black catsuit and was a romantic interest in the 1966-1968 live-action Batman television series, her modern incarnation combining these elements did not occur in comic books until 1987 with Frank Miller's Batman: Year One.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cat_(comics)
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I don't see it ending anytime soon. I like the Black Cat but i also do favour Cat women as well. In order for Marvel to make her differ from her, then I feel that the writers just have to tell stories that differ from her the ones that we get from Catwomen. Which certainly isn't Happening now considering the fact that DC are also making Cat women a criminal again too from what I hear.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

I don't know how certain is this (I take Wikipedia as an starting point of investigation, but not as a sacred book of information).
    Anyway, we here can disscuss which elements belong to anyone but for the general public will be hard to difference between both characters. I mean, for them, they would see a femme fatale catburglar thief with cat motif and a relationship of love-hate with the main hero. And know she is becoming kingpin of her city underground.
    Ok, could anyone tell which character I just described in the last sentence?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I think that the path towards Black Cat becoming stems from the fact those in charge once worked at DC Comics where they worked on Catwoman. Thus, they might have felt that Black Cat was Marvel's version of Catwoman. So Slott was given the task of making her reflect Catwoman, which is tragic in itself.

But from a historical basis, Black Cat was never a crime lord; nor did she kill. I think that what we're seeing is a deliberate act to transform Black Cat into a villain for the sake of Spider-Man having a female villain in his rogue gallery.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-16-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

Yeah...but that's kind of a semantics game. You can't really claim that the characters are super different just cuz in the early 80's the DC character was wearing that purple evening gown thing and Felicia was rocking the black tights. Especially when live action Catwoman was wearing a similar suit back in the 60's.