Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marauders #5 spoilers

I would read an entire series of Bobby and his sugar daddy Christian Frost. 10/10

As for the actual summary:

The issue starts with Bobby showing off his powers for Christian. They are aboard Christian's own ship, the Mercury, and he makes a proposition for Bobby to join his crew. Bobby declines, and is met with the suggestion that he and Storm are keeping their eyes close on Kate because they are afraid she won't be able to be saved by the ressurection protocols if she were to die.

We also get a scene of Kate and Emma discussing that same issue. Emma downloads krakoan into Kate's brain, gives her a kiss on the cheek and says she could've "destroyed" her (this is only a slightly manipulative retelling of the actual events).

Later on, the team gets called into action at Madripoor, where Shinobi's mission has gone bad (all according to Shaw's plan?). Someone called the "Verendi" (aka the Hellfire brats) is giving off money to everyone who kills some mutants. Storm and Bishop arrive to rescue Shinobi, and they are surprised by the same group of Russian villains we saw in the past issues. They take their powers off, but Storm manages to stab the leader's eye with a knife.

Kate, Bobby and Pyro are also led into a trap when they reach the Madripoor gate, and are confronted by villains set by the Hellfire brats, who shout "Homines Verendi" while crushing Iceman (not sure we've seen these specific guys before, anyone?)

Best issue so far.
    Last edited by nandes; 01-01-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Well, Bobby is now competing with Julio for my heart. Looking worked out, Bobby.

Yes, Omega. Show me everything. Love that he was juicing, too.

So Shaw seemed to know about the trap which is why he suggested the Marauder go out to Madripoor. That's messed up.

Kate and Emma were great and we were ABOUT TO GET some mutant fashion going on but damnit, the distress call.

Storm and Bishop fighting back without their powers was dope and well, Ororo is still a badass combat fighter and I love it.

Although I dislike the Brats, they're becoming a formidable foe already and I'm good with it. X-Cutioner and his beefy friend look dangerous.

Great issue. Let's go!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

One of the villains at the end is the Hate-Monger, who, in his original incarnation, was a clone of Adolf Hitler. A later version was involved in turning Sue Storm into Malice and caused multiple issues of characters shouting the N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well, Bobby is now competing with Julio for my heart. Looking worked out, Bobby.

Yes, Omega. Show me everything. Love that he was juicing, too.

So Shaw seemed to know about the trap which is why he suggested the Marauder go out to Madripoor. That's messed up.

Kate and Emma were great and we were ABOUT TO GET some mutant fashion going on but damnit, the distress call.

Storm and Bishop fighting back without their powers was dope and well, Ororo is still a badass combat fighter and I love it.

Although I dislike the Brats, they're becoming a formidable foe already and I'm good with it. X-Cutioner and his beefy friend look dangerous.

Great issue. Let's go!
    Yeah! I was hoping for Jumbo to appear right after that but the Hellfire Brats ruined everything

I loved Emma and Kitty's scene (the nose job joke was gold) and I ADORED Christian and Bobby together.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    One of the villains at the end is the Hate-Monger, who, in his original incarnation, was a clone of Adolf Hitler. A later version was involved in turning Sue Storm into Malice and caused multiple issues of characters shouting the N-word.
    Thank you for this! Great info.

Best Book for me. Hands down loved every page. I hope we get to keep the artist .

The data page was actually my fave page. Seeing how the guy who has been complaining softened up after the drugs healed his mom. Wow. Great touch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Best Book for me. Hands down loved every page. I hope we get to keep the artist .

The data page was actually my fave page. Seeing how the guy who has been complaining softened up after the drugs healed his mom. Wow. Great touch.
    I'm so curious if we'll see that guy, his data pages have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm so curious if we'll see that guy, his data pages have been great.
    I hope we do. Loved how he wanted to reach out to friendly Krakoans and warn them. It really stood out to me he no longer refers to them as mutants. His heart has really changed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Not a fan of how Duggan is writing Christian, like a gay male version of Emma. Kinda hoped he would have his own sound, but meh I’m sure the Frostitutes will stan it.

The scene with Emma and Kitty was cute (loved the old nose joke), very interested to see what Shaw has up his sleeve. Not a fan of Kade Kilgore and the rest of the dumb kids, hoping to see Storm stab them in the face soon enough. Kind of a dull issue for what has been a very fun read.

Sugar baby Iceman is amusing

I hope we do. Loved how he wanted to reach out to friendly Krakoans and warn them. It really stood out to me he no longer refers to them as mutants. His heart has really changed.
    I loved this as well. We're watching this guy change before our eyes, and we don't even know who he is. Brilliant!

I liked this issue. Sure, Christian is written like Emma but they are family. I loved Iceman, Storm, and Bishop in this book. Emma of course has been great since this whole era began. I was slow to warm to this book but the last three issues has sold it for me.

Kitty (sorry.. Kate) was great too.

The books are good because they have the necessary action but they also have a lot of social and political components which make each book explore something deeper in this new era. It works very well.

Yeah, I actually feel for the poor put upon naval intelligence officer. It would be awesome if we get to meet him at some point and actually on point if he ingratiates himself to Kate and Emma and becomes a member of the Marauders crew.

So holy, Shaw sold everyone out, even his own son. I think he gave the intel to Hominus Verendi about Shinobi's ship, and that the Marauders would be sent in for rescue at some point.

I loved that they showed how badass Storm is in hand to hand combat which it's canon she trained extensively in. Hell Storm used to fight in arena matches when she went undercover to investigate Masque's organization. Haha, "give me my knife back" after she stabbed him in the face with it!

So I love Emma and Kate's relationship. Mother and daughter, Mentor and Student, or I am starting to suspect that there might be a little something something going on here! Emma certainly is both protective and caring about Kate!

I am looking forward to more Christian and Bobby after sex banter, that was fun, and I loved seeing two on panel gay men who were confident in themselves and their sexuality!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked this issue. Sure, Christian is written like Emma but they are family. I loved Iceman, Storm, and Bishop in this book. Emma of course has been great since this whole era began. I was slow to warm to this book but the last three issues has sold it for me.

Kitty (sorry.. Kate) was great too.

The books are good because they have the necessary action but they also have a lot of social and political components which make each book explore something deeper in this new era. It works very well.
    Christian is the older brother, and Emma idolized him when they were kids, maybe we assume that Christian is emulating Emma, but perhaps it's the reverse and Emma emulates Christian because she idolizes and loves her older brother!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Christian is the older brother, and Emma idolized him when they were kids, maybe we assume that Christian is emulating Emma, but perhaps it's the reverse and Emma emulates Christian because she idolizes and loves her older brother!
    Emma is a little bit of Christian (the white thing came from him), a little bit of Astrid Bloom and a big chunk of Frost determination.