Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No general purpose JLA appreciation thread yet, so I'll just leave this here.

So, it turns out that the Marvel Universe has a Justice League on some alien Earth-like world. Preview page from Thor #2.

That building looks like the Daily Planet, lol. And those descriptions are clearly Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Flash... and I assume Wonder Woman. That sure does look like Clark, Hal and Barry's energy signatures too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Boisterously Confused

I'd probably sub John Stewart, and perhaps add Vixen and Hawkwoman, but this would be the crew. I liked how, in that era, they basically featured small task forces for all but the most fearsome threats.

image.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

So, it turns out that the Marvel Universe has a Justice League on some alien Earth-like world. Preview page from Thor #2.

That building looks like the Daily Planet, lol. And those descriptions are clearly Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Flash... and I assume Wonder Woman. That sure does look like Clark, Hal and Barry's energy signatures too.
    That’s really cool hope Cates gets a chance to write the Justice League down the line he seems like he obviously wants to lol

That's weird. I was just thinking about this. I like any JLA lineup that is written well, but I always enjoy th League most when the Trinity is on it.

After that, I usually like at least one Flash (my personal fave is Wally) and a GL (my fave GL is Kyle, but my fave GL for the JLA is Guy as he adds the most story-wise in my opinion).

Then there are characters I always like in the League personally:

* Aquaman
    * Green Arrow (Ollie)
    * Plastic Man
    * Vixen
    * Cyborg (but NOT as a founder)
    * Shazam (Billy)
    * Booster Gold
    * Power Girl
    * Huntress
    * Dr Light II

Plus it's always good to see a Hawk on the team.

The one member I thought I'd hate, but ended up loving was Jason Blood.

As for characters who have never been members I'd like to see on the team, I'd go with Robot Man (Cliff) and Elasti-girl whenever DP isn't being published.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

The Greatest Team Ever Assembled....

Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2020 at 01:02 PM.

A sun god. Wow, awesome. That preview looks pretty epic.

ANd if you look above the green light trail in that second panel, it almost kinda looks like Batman swinging on a line.... (I also think that panel is the POV from the cockpit of WW's invisible jet, but maybe that's reaching....)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ANd if you look above the green light trail in that second panel, it almost kinda looks like Batman swinging on a line....
    Oh snap, I really does!

Kite-Man
    Spawn
    Little Nemo
    Sailor Moon
    Luke Skywalker
    Vladek Spiegelman
    Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Kite-Man
    Spawn
    Little Nemo
    Sailor Moon
    Luke Skywalker
    Vladek Spiegelman
    Spider-Man
    This thread called. - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ighlight=xover

It wants to recruit your team!
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-28-2020 at 10:02 AM.

I think we're beyond the point now where you can have a League without the big 6. Maybe someday we'll be at a point where the big guns aren't required again, but not today.

I'm also fond of the "Justice Army" from JLU and Snyder's recent run, where virtually every competent hero (and some who aren't) are on the roster. That right there is my ideal, but so damn few writers can actually pull it off.

I was also fond of McDuffie's League....though turning Roy Harper into Red Arrow was such an awful choice it nearly killed the book for me. Much better to let Roy remain Arsenal and live up to that name, than be a color blind rip off of Ollie.

But I think the core group from the first issues of Snyder's run works well. You've got the cartoon League with John Stewart and Hawkgirl, and Cyborg. That's a Big 9 I can get behind. Add Black Lightning, Canary, and/or Vixen to that and I don't think I'd be able to complain at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Although I don't mind the Big 7 Justice League, I do prefer when the League is more like a family like it was during the Satellite Era, JLI era, and Meltzer's run. Little things like, Hal, Barry and Ralph, triple dating with Carol, Iris and Sue, Scott and Barda throwing a barbeque, Hal and Roy reminiscing about old times while watching a boxing match, etc. are a nice break from the constant end of the world type stuff.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I loved the JL/U animated series and also JL International the Bwahaha book series.
    Only problem with a Justice League at all though is every story pretty much has to be OMG The Universe Is Going To End because the power set is astronomical whenever you put that many super powerful characters together.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Really liked the Fatal Five movie lineup; some classics alongside lesser-known characters.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquaman
    Mera
    Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Batman
    Flash
    Green Lantern (Jess)
    Cyborg
    Black Canary