Default Jack Monroe: Nomad Appreciation 2020

I am a huge fan of Jack Monroe/Nomad... Still bummed that he's been bumped off... hopeful, that it's revealed that the super soldier serum kicked in - and he's actually alive... takes up the Scourge ID (like he did in Thunderbolts) and goes after Winter Soldier, so that the two have an even fight.

I'd love for him to come back as "Scourge" like he did in Thunderbolts, gun for Winter Soldier, have the two of them duke it out - and eventually come to terms with one another. And then he keeps the equipment from his Scourge days, but re-adopts the name "Nomad" and rides off on a motorcycle.

Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

I'd love for the character to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

BANNED

Captain America #301 Jan 1985
    "All Good Things" Guest-starring the Avengers.
    Captain America gives Red Skull's body to Mother Superior, commenting that he belongs with family.
    Leaving Skull-House, Cap and Nomad are reunited with Falcon, Bernie and Arnie as the Avengers arrive.

Returning to Avengers Mansion, the Avengers look into methods to rejuvenate the aged Captain.
    Meanwhile, Mother Superior and her Sisters of Sin give the Red Skull a hate filled funeral pyre.
    As Dr. Pym takes medical readings of Cap, Hercules and Starfox arrive with the Skull's deus machina device.
    Vision assembles the machinery and starts the process,

but the radiation treatment is interrupted when Mother Superior and her Sisters of Sin attack.

The Avengers can only watch: if they intervene it could disrupt the de-aging process.
    Despite Cap's attempts at reason a savage battle ensues.
    When the Vision announces the procedure is over, Bernie opens the door to find
    the Sisters of Sin reverted to children and Captain America hearty and whole.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hercules, Scarlet Witch, Starfox, Vision and the Wasp.

Story by Michael Carlin. Art by Paul Neary and Dennis Janke.

BANNED

Captain America #302 Feb 1985
    "And Other Strangers!"
    Captain America picks up his motorcycle from storage.
    Machete, a South American master of bladed weapons, attacks Captain America to test his mettle.
    Realizing he's no match for Cap, Machete creates a distraction and retreats.
    Later at his apartment, Steve chats with Bernie before heading out on patrol with Nomad.
    Meanwhile Machete reports to Batroc, who sends Machete back out with Zaran, another weapons master, to find the hero.
    While on patrol, Cap and Nomad encounter Machete

and Zaran.

In the ensuing skirmish. Zaran separates Cap from his shield.
    Machete grabs Nomad and threatens to kill him, forcing Cap to let the villains go.
    While Nomad wastes time apologizing, Cap realizes that the villains took his shield.

BANNED

Captain America #303 Mar 1985
    "Double Dare!"
    Captain America and Nomad return home after their encounter
    with mercenaries Zaran and Machete wherein the baddies stole Cap’s shield.
    He tells Bernie he is determined to get it back,
    while Jack blames himself for his poor performance in the battle….

Batroc and his two allies deliver Cap’s shield to the sinister Arons at Stane Industries where Dr Myron McLain,
    who created the mysterious alloy that the shield was constructed of,
    is forced to try to recreate the discovery by the threat of harm to his family….

That evening, Cap and Nomad go out again in search of the villains, splitting up to cover more ground.

Meanwhile, at a nearby bar, Machete and Zaran are tired of Batroc’s constant boasting of his superiority.
    They bet him their shares of the fee from Stane that he can’t beat Captain America
    and the drunken French mercenary takes them up on it. Batroc leaps through a window to head
    out in search of Cap and the other two follow, hoping to laugh at their leader taking a beating….

Nomad returns to the scene of the crime but he finds no clues,

despairing at his shortcomings as a superhero.
    Elsewhere, Batroc locates Cap and challenges him to a fight.
    The mercenary thinks he has the upper hand because Cap is without his shield while Cap is confused
    by the situation—until he realizes that his foe is drunk, making him more dangerous and reckless.
    Cap makes a bargain: he will let Batroc take a good shot at him if his foe reveals where his shield is.
    Batroc names Stane International and launches a powerful kick at the immobile hero, sending Cap flying into a wall.
    Cap drags himself to his feet and punches Batroc’s lights out with a single blow.
    Zaran and Machete take their money from their conquered leader’s pockets and run for their lives.
    Cap heads out to recover his shield….

You can count me in among the numerous fans who want to see the return of Jack Monroe.

Hopefully, when he's brought back, he will continue being Scourge!

BANNED

IMO Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney+ series is to have the marvel character Jack Monroe be introduced as the MCU Scourge.

BANNED

Captain America #304 Apr 1985
    "Undercover of the Night!"
    Nomad and Captain America bust into Stane International

to save Dr. MacLain and retrieve Cap's shield.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You can count me in among the numerous fans who want to see the return of Jack Monroe.

Hopefully, when he's brought back, he will continue being Scourge!

That was such an excellent Scourge design. Shame it hasn't been brought back

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    IMO Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney+ series is to have the marvel character Jack Monroe be introduced as the MCU Scourge.
    Awesome! If this really happens and it's not just a rumor, then I'm totally looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That was such an excellent Scourge design. Shame it hasn't been brought back
    Agreed. They really outdid themselves this time.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-31-2020 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Jack Monroe as Scourge on Disney+ wouldn't make much sense. Because it's not like Cap had anyone else but Bucky, because of the way they did the movies.
    It'd just sort of be a throw away.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve got a feeling he might end up being the new Iron Patriot who’s set to appear in Cap. 23, which I’m more than okay with. I’ve been waiting for someone to Red Hood Jack since his death.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...in-america-23/
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Hydra-Cap brought him back and when Jack refused to join up he was put on ice somewhere. it would be interesting for Jack to remember that Bucky shwacked him and they do NOT get along...

Extraordinary Member

From The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Issue 8

Spectacular Member

I appreciate the opinion that some have for Jack being Scourge but I would much rather him come back as Nomad.

As much as it pained me to see him killed off the way Brubaker wrote him with having the delusions was well done. I’d like to see Jack come back and see the revisited.

The ongoing was quite groundbreaking for its time, having stories based around the LA riots and later AIDS.