Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Let face it, Age of x-man was retconned

Age of x-man and other stories pre house of x were retcon. jean didnt address the age of x-man or Scott dont mention if blindfold was resuscitated nothing. I remember i read that house of x take place 12 months after age of x-man..basically marvel let retcon these story but pretend house of x take place after them. Secondly the characters act diffrently especially Jean, she wanted united mutants and humans and the same with the rest. its one reason i prefer dc comic than marvel.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to do like there’s any kind of continuity betwen Hickman-X and before…

Some elements have been taken from before but whatever that could have been considered as cumbersome has been discarded.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

House of X takes six months after the events of Age of X-Man/Devastation.

Also - we have no reason to believe that it was retconned. Evan Sabah Nur is still dead, for instance, and Blindfold won't be resurrected because she is precognitive.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

no it was not retconned. its very much canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah--no, but it really, really should be.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

All-New Member

i still believe they retcon

Fantastic Member

That's not really how a retcon works. Retcon is when something new updates or changes something about old work. Like Moira X. Not being referenced doesn't mean it was retconned. Otherwise 90% of old comics have been retconned.

There is a certain disconnect between the start of House of X and what came before. It disappointed me, but it happens often enough when a new writer comes on. The fact that some certain characters haven't been seen would seem to imply that it is still canon. Plus we have the juggernaut series which shows Rosenberg uncanny very much happened as it tells a tale bridging the gap. I hope some day a writer picks up a challenge and makes a 'Rise of X' countdown prequel to Dawn of X showing how the pieces got into place.

And regarding Jean's attitude, I think its implied with her in her old outfit that there is some mental modification or something. Some of the characters feel like idealized versions of themselves. Who's ideals, not sure.

It's safe to say that Hickman just don't care about what happened on the last Uncanny run or Age of X-Man.

Those runs weren't retconned simply because Hickman only care about it as far as they did the set up he asked to be done before he took over the x-books, like resurrecting Cyclops, Xavier and Wolverine, the actual stories told aren't important, imo.

Ok. It was definitely for the best.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm pretty sure that Hickman barely cares about any X-Men run that came after Morrison.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Not retconned, just more or less ignored. That whole period was pretty terrible for the X-titles anyways.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Hickman barely cares about any X-Men run that came after Morrison.
    He made Goldballs one of the most important mutants so I don’t think he’s entirely written off what came after.

It's just best left forgotten.

Age of what? Never heard of it.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He said he likes Mike Carey's run and thinks it's underrated .
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.